Top 500 graphic novels for 2009 in the USA

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Here's a link of those 500 graphic novels.

Berserk had this places
  • 221. Berserk #27
  • 248. Berserk #28
  • 266. Berserk #29
  • 283. Berserk #30
  • 316. Berserk #31
  • 367. Berserk #32

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
Here's a link of those 500 graphic novels.

Berserk had this places
  • 221. Berserk #27
  • 248. Berserk #28
  • 266. Berserk #29
  • 283. Berserk #30
  • 316. Berserk #31
  • 367. Berserk #32

Wow, that's pretty good. I don't think there are too many manga series ahead of it in the list, much less seinen titles.

P.S. Added volume 27 to your list. :slan:

I think it's worth noting that the list is based on sales by Diamond Distributors which means it only takes the specialty comic book shops into account and the actual sales of manga (especially the popular titles) are actually much higher in regular bookstores. Nevertheless it's still good to see Berserk there.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dembol said:
I think it's worth noting that the list is based on sales by Diamond Distributors which means it only takes the specialty comic book shops into account and the actual sales of manga (especially the popular titles) are actually much higher in regular bookstores. Nevertheless it's still good to see Berserk there.
Yeah, thanks for the notation. I didn't bother checking it out myself, but I did wonder about the accuracy of the figures. One thing I thought was interesting was seeing Berserk so high in the list even though it's marketed to adults. Now that I know bookstores are out of the equasion, it makes some more sense. Whenever I go to Borders, Berserk is always stuck in the manga corner, which is essentially the KidZ Corner.

Top Bottom