[ART OF WAR] - "Gyakko" (Femto)

yesmilord

千年王国
It's here boys.

Pre-order of New item: “Gyakko”

Dear Customers,

We are pleased to inform you our latest item, GYAKKO will be open for order at 12:00 p.m. (noon) 23th January(Japanese time).
This statue is originated from the Chapter named Gyakko(means "backwrite") a climax scene when Femto stretched his arm to touch a core of Ganishka.
Color of Femto is purple being put the metallic accent in spots, it creates not only hard but delicate atmosphere of the statue.
This time, we decided to make the statue with 1/10 Scale which can be displayed well with the other 1/10 statues from ART OF WAR. We guarantee that our customers can enjoy the statue and a huge round diorama base (40cm diameter, the biggest base from AOW 1/10 statue) from all directions.

clip_image001.jpg

*image only.

Limited manufacture to 100
Attachment: Serial No. plate(No.001-100)
Size: 1/10 Scale, 11.5cm (H) x 30cm (W) x 27cm (D) (Femto statue)
15cm (H) x 40cm (W) x 40cm (D) (base included)
Unit Price: 60,000 JAPANESE YEN (tax excluded)

Ordinary Pre-order taking starts at: 12:00pm(noon), 23th January (Japanese time)
Priority pre-order service period: 11:00am(noon)21 st~10:00am 22 nd January (Japanese time)

Please feel free to access http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/index.php for more details.
Thank you for your attention.

Yours sincerely,
ART OF WAR

Not terribly excited, but the final verdict will have to wait till I see the rest of the base and how good the details are on Femto.
Also note that there will only be a hundred of these made.

I think it looks pretty awesome... but alas 660 dollars equals a lot of other very cool things to me now. It could be a mid-high end camera lens, a monster point and shoot camera... a round trip from California to Japan is little over 800 dollars... my recently booked trip to New Zealand and Australia was around 800 round trip as well. Yea, no more statues for me but this definitely looks awesome and features one of the best characters in all of anime/manga.

Personally I am boycotting this statue, I'm sick pay 60000 yen for a statue 3 times smaller than Zodd&Wyald.

I sent a email to AOW in order to tell that, they become too elitist.

It would be nice to have some more affordable statues for those of us on a budget. Of course I wouldn't expect the same level of quality but it's nice to have a choice, I only have an old Art of War Skull Knight figure and a minature Guts and Puck

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
It would be nice to have some more affordable statues for those of us on a budget. Of course I wouldn't expect the same level of quality

And sadly you would be wrong. AOW's products aren't all they're made out to be when it comes to quality. Some are excellent, but as far as the rest goes I've seen better looking action figures (e.g. merchandise for The Dark Knight) that sell for a fraction of the price.

And I know I'm just repeating myself here but I don't see a big difference in AOW's price policy between now and 2 years ago.

yesmilord

千年王国
Aazealh said:
And sadly you would be wrong. AOW's products aren't all they're made out to be when it comes to quality. Some are excellent, but as far as the rest goes I've seen better looking action figures (e.g. merchandise for The Dark Knight) that sell for a fraction of the price.

This is the rather unfortunate truth.
Only a select few of their products truly shine.

Aazealh said:

And I know I'm just repeating myself here but I don't see a big difference in AOW's price policy between now and 2 years ago.

In which case, i'm glad I haven't figured this out the expensive way.

yesmilord

千年王国
JezzaX said:
In which case, i'm glad I haven't figured this out the expensive way.

This can be avoided by thorough research though!
I was cautious enough to be very anal about my purchases, and thus I don't really have any statues from AoW that I would consider to be "bad sculpts". A lot of the times it's just the faces, but a bad mug really kills the whole thing. You can ask Maiku or DirectDK about that though, since they buy everything har har.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Umm,

I have to concur with those who blame AOW for the relationship between price/quality.

I can remember the old good times where the AOW statues were more well-made and cheaper. :schierke:

Just think to the Griffith shooting star compared to the millennium falcon(with/out helm). Same speech for the price policy.

I can sincerely say that works such as the one of Joa or others here, are -much- better and well refined than the one of AOW made in the last few years.

yesmilord said:
You can ask Maiku or DirectDK about that though, since they buy everything har har.

There is one that I haven't bought yet! I'm not saying which one, but there is one, I swear! :serpico:

Marik said:
I can sincerely say that works such as the one of Joa or others here, are -much- better and well refined than the one of AOW made in the last few years.

Agreed. Joa is the man!

Aazealh said:

You'll get no argument from me that AoW stuff is WAY overpriced. Comparing their line to product from a billion dollar movie franchise isn't very logical. Economics of scale make it impossible to produce product of the same quality for that price. (The Hot Toys Dark Knight figures really are some of the best collectibles ever made IMHO)

A better comparison might be the Square Enix Vagabond statues. They aren't perfect but I'd put the quality on par with AoW and the statues are about 1/3 the price.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
You'll get no argument from me that AoW stuff is WAY overpriced. Comparing their line to product from a billion dollar movie franchise isn't very logical. Economics of scale make it impossible to produce product of the same quality for that price. (The Hot Toys Dark Knight figures really are some of the best collectibles ever made IMHO)

You know, I'm not sure the amount of money the movie generated plays such a big role here. It's very popular, sure, but it's not like most moviegoers will buy the collectibles. And Hot Toys' Resident Evil 5 products (random example) are also very nice. Don't mistake me, I agree that given the difference in scales of production the same quality would probably mean a higher price, but currently we already get very steep prices for a lower quality...

Hm, I agree that the price seems high but I do like this one much better than some I've seen. Is or has anyone committed to buying this one yet? I decided to, I liked it enough besides they are letting people do payment installments for the statue.

X

Xem

I gotta ask, what does Femto's face look like?

I know it's not a focus of the statue, but neither was Guts or Slans' in the AOW diorama they did for them and it still affected my presentation. Anyone have pics?

Aazealh said:
You know, I'm not sure the amount of money the movie generated plays such a big role here. It's very popular, sure, but it's not like most moviegoers will buy the collectibles. And Hot Toys' Resident Evil 5 products (random example) are also very nice. Don't mistake me, I agree that given the difference in scales of production the same quality would probably mean a higher price, but currently we already get very steep prices for a lower quality...

I agree. A lot of HTs collectors don't even know what Golgo 13 is so it's a specialty fig and they made one for a good price. They've even made such obscure figures like Mars Attacks. On Facebook, sometimes HTs employees will click "like" on a suggestion. Maybe one day I'll ask them about Berserk (maybe mention it's been 20+years now so they'll know there is a fanbase out there) because their likenesses are 2nd to none. I can't afford AoW, but a HT Guts with skin texture, etc would be a dream come true. I'm aware of how slim the chances are though..

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BloodTalon said:
On Facebook, sometimes HTs employees will click "like" on a suggestion. Maybe one day I'll ask them about Berserk (maybe mention it's been 20+years now so they'll know there is a fanbase out there) because their likenesses are 2nd to none. I can't afford AoW, but a HT Guts with skin texture, etc would be a dream come true. I'm aware of how slim the chances are though..

Actually I think the chances might not be so slim. HT makes great products for a great price. What's not to like for an editor? Berserk merchandise has been released by companies other than AOW in the past. If HT is interested and inquires Hakusensha about it I think they would have a fair chance of getting a license. Sometimes all it takes is for the fans to make the first step, to give a little push in the right direction. Passivity doesn't get things done.

EDIT: And to show the example I just sent their Japanese branch an email about it.

Aazealh said:
Actually I think the chances might not be so slim. HT makes great products for a great price. What's not to like for an editor? Berserk merchandise has been released by companies other than AOW in the past. If HT is interested and inquires Hakusensha about it I think they would have a fair chance of getting a license. Sometimes all it takes is for the fans to make the first step, to give a little push in the right direction. Passivity doesn't get things done.

EDIT: And to show the example I just sent their Japanese branch an email about it.

I would LOVE it if Hot Toys made a Berserk figure. I can't really see it happening though.

Top Bottom