Casca Sculpture round 2!

Decided to remaster the molds for this. The castings I've pulled are really nice. I'm gonna sell 10 more. I think 2 are spoken for at the moment. I'll sell unassembled kits for 110 shipped in the US. Outside the US I'll give you a shipping quote. If you want a preassembled one, PM me and we'll talk about it. Thanks
casfin1.jpg

casfin2.jpg

casfin3.jpg

casfin4.jpg

casfin5.jpg

casfin6.jpg

casfin7.jpg

casfin9.jpg

casfin17.jpg

casfin16.jpg

casfin15.jpg

casfin14.jpg

casfin13.jpg

casfin12.jpg

casfin11.jpg

casfin10.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Re: Casca Sculpture

Wow, Silvia, this is really amazing! :ubik: You captured the movement in Casca's clothing and hair incredibly well; would you mind giving us the details on what kind of tools you used, and perhaps your process to getting the sculpture to the point where it is now?

O yeah, I actually use a lot of tools that are from the dental industry. I use some home made stuff too. I heat the tools with a little acohol torch to move the wax around. My 'weapon of choice' though is a an electric wax pen with several different tips on it that can heat the wax quickly. I can use it to move large amounts of material or do tiny detail work. Most of the hard edged stuff like the sword and the scabbard will be modeled out of a combination of styrene and epoxy. I also use other materials like jewlery wire and ribbon to make straps and buckles. It takes a looong time to do something like this. I'm probably in to Casca over 120 hours at this point. The main thing you need when tackling a project like this is patience! LOL

oh my, that is so beautiful!! you have great skill! oh, and i see you gave her a little more definition in the chest region there, hehe..
are you going to paint it? how long have you been working with wax? you seem perty experienced

I'm really glad you like it. I was nervous about posting it on here because I know how much everyone loves Miura's work. I really hope I did it justice. I'd like to cast it in resin and paint it. I'll have to find the time!

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying

silvia said:
I'm really glad you like it. I was nervous about posting it on here because I know how much everyone loves Miura's work. I really hope I did it justice. I'd like to cast it in resin and paint it. I'll have to find the time!
More of any sort of Berserk artwork is always appreciated! Especially when it's this well done and detailed. You did a great job! :ubik:

Thanks again guys. I was actually thinking about sculpting Slan but without her wings in the way to hide anything... :isidro:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!

silvia said:
Thanks again guys. I was actually thinking about sculpting Slan but without her wings in the way to hide anything... :isidro:
...Peraps make them detachable somehow?

That is a truly spectacular Casca, by the way. It reminds me quite a bit of Guts' "flashback" image of her in volume 28 when Skully tells him her mind can be repaired.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

She looks great! You did an excellent job sculpting her.

silvia said:

Sounds good to me! :carcus:

silvia said:

You are really talented. You did an amazing job on creating Casca out of wax. I think making Slan is a great idea. As Gobolatula said you should try to make the wings detachable somehow, either way would be great though. :slan:

Glad to see you here :guts:

I saw this thread by chance as I pretty much never visit this section :p
So, when it comes to gauging interest about casts, I'd suggest you hint at it in the merchendise section as well ..
The mod there (DirectDK) was shown the sculpt last week, and he's one of the 3 I hinted at ;)

She looks stellar, and I am So looking forward to do some paint slinging on her .. *hint, hint* :casca:

I DIG I DIG!!! :ubik: Very nice work here! Love all the detailing! It's about time there is more Casca representation out there! Glad you decided to sculpt her than another Guts or something. And hey, SLAN would be totally awesome. I would love to see that as well. :slan:

Joa said:
So, when it comes to gauging interest about casts, I'd suggest you hint at it in the merchendise section as well ..
The mod there (DirectDK) was shown the sculpt last week, and he's one of the 3 I hinted at ;)

Yes, yes you can definitely count me in as interested. No doubt about it!

I'm really happy everyone seems to like her. I think I'm gonna make my molds! I'll need a little time to get her all squared away so if you've got friends that might be interested in this, start spreading the word. I'd really appreciate it. Once I have an 'artists proof' all finished and painted, I'll start a new thread in the merchandise section with all the appropriate info. thanks again everyone!

There you go ..
See .. a lot of ppl really like the sculpt and I am So looking forward to this.
I can't remember the last time I was looking forward to a sculpt/kit this much.
Well, as a matter of fact I can but that's beside the point ;)

Will you be doing the molds yourself or do you hire a molder/caster?
I was also meaning to ask you; is the sculpt already divided into sections or will you have to separate it?
Please let me know if you need input on suggested break points =)

I'll do the molding and casting myself. I spent nearly 7 years sculpting at McFarlane toys and I picked up a lot of good info while I was there. Of course I'll be using gi1000 silicon and smooth cast urethane. It's probably the best stuff on the market. The figure is broken down into 10 individual pieces. All the fittings have 1/4" holes for pins. It should go together pretty easily. Actually to give you an idea of how nicely it all fits together, It was already in pieces when I shot the photos! All the fits are hidden! The only part that I forsee being a challenge is the hair. I made it seperate from the head. And molding it might be tricky. I'll keep you guys posted.

Sweet =)

Yeah, it looks like it'll be a dream to put together!
I spent a few years molding and casting with a few friends at the GK peak ~95-99 so I've got the basics covered :p
Also, with all high quality kits coming out from Japan the past 10 years, I've become really spoiled (and picky) as far as castings / clean up needs go .. ^^´

Again, I am very glad you take our praise seriously and that we will ba able to take part of your beautiful sculpture.

Sincerely,

Joachim

silvia said:
I'll do the molding and casting myself. I spent nearly 7 years sculpting at McFarlane toys and I picked up a lot of good info while I was there. Of course I'll be using gi1000 silicon and smooth cast urethane. It's probably the best stuff on the market. The figure is broken down into 10 individual pieces. All the fittings have 1/4" holes for pins. It should go together pretty easily. Actually to give you an idea of how nicely it all fits together, It was already in pieces when I shot the photos! All the fits are hidden! The only part that I forsee being a challenge is the hair. I made it seperate from the head. And molding it might be tricky. I'll keep you guys posted.

turkitage

ターク

This is a masterpiece. I can't even image on how to sculpt such a thing. Musta took forever to to do with all this detail.

Thanks for the continued support! I made a few last second asjustments to her. I made the legs a tiny bit skinnier and did some small stuff to the portrait. I already pulled molds from the head and hair. I'm painting the portrait right now. I'll post pics later today. Thanks

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight

Wow, have to agree, looks amazing. Any chance you have a blog or a sculpting comm where you share more of your techniques?

Top Bottom