six general anime questions...

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
1) Jin-Roh the movie: good/bad (story!)
2) Twilight Master?? ( i think that was the title) what is it? good/bad?
3) Soultaker? (does it suck?)
4) Mizayaki's Porko Rosso (is it as good as the guy said?)
5) Cowboy Bebop HK Set (are the subtitles really _that_ bad? isn't it worth watching it with those subs/do you get the plot?)
6) Anyone seen the second part of Ninja Resurection. it's called jubei's revenge. i've seen the first and i'm just curious about the outcome of that demonic conspiracy. is it worth 25$?

yeah, that's about it. just answer on whatever is familiar to you... thx.

-TS

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
1. I saw it but I'm not sure what to say. I saw it at A-Kon, so its rather fuzzy...

2. Twilight Master? never heard of it.
Twilight OF THE DARK MasterS is about a battle between demons ment to chalange humanity(but are to strong) and the beings made to protect man. Would be better if there was more.

3. only seen the first 2 eps. Good action I guess.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
trapped_soul said:
2) Twilight Master?? ( i think that was the title) what is it? good/bad?
6) Anyone seen the second part of Ninja Resurection. it's called jubei's revenge. i've seen the first and i'm just curious about the outcome of that demonic conspiracy. is it worth 25$?

2# It was good but need ALOT more then good animation.
6# I've seen it, it's not worth the $25 unless you like lots of blood and guts.

D

Drachenfels

Ninja ressurection was crap, in my opinion. I thought they had cancled the project after the first part

The13thScroll

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
1. Jin_Roh is a very dark and complex story, and IMO one of the best movie/anime stories I've ever seen. A very depressing flim as well. It's a very heartfelt story of lonliness and trying to fit in, then realizing that you can't. Betrayals and double crosses happen in it, but never get too complicated. The dub is pretty good, I'd watch either dub or sub on this, it's all good to me.

2. I didn't like Twilight of the Dark Master that much. It seemed to have an intersesting back story that is explored for all of 5 minutes in the movies. As it is, the movie is a good effort, but to me it seemed like a half formed idea that wasn't complete. BTW, character designs were done by the same guy who did Vampire Hunter D.

3. Soul Taker is trippy man, the art is very different from what I'm used to. The story is decent. Worth watching IMO.

4. Yar, never seen it.

5. The BeBop HK set, is far inferior to the Bandai DVD's. I have all six dvds and my roomate last year had the HK set on 3 dvds. If yer only worried about the subtitles then you obviously haven't heard or care about inferior picture quality as well ;).

6. I have both parts to Ninja Resurrection. Its nothing great, and as far as Drach said, its been cancelled, so the story is incomplete and the 2 parts aren't worth it.

The13thScroll

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Drachenfels said:
Ninja ressurection was crap, in my opinion. I thought they had cancled the project after the first part

Just checking, did it even have a story?

- Bob

Yar, they made 2 parts. The Revenge of Jubei and Hell's Spawn. I know this because in my younger days as an anime fan, I thought all anime was "sweet" so I bought both parts of NR. If you judge the anime on the description on the back of th box it sounds cool. But then you watch and it sucks.
The story deals w/ the Tokugawa Shogunate (sp?) trying to stop a rebellion by a new religious sect, those crazy Christians. Jubei is part of the Shogunate. Some guy who is the chosen one of God is the leader of the sect. Well, he turns evil and goes from savior to devil and Jubei has gotta stop him. Oh yah, lots of zombies and ninjas and blood and disturbing stuff, but nothing compaired to Berserk ;). It may sound cool, but I tell ya what, it's not worth the time to watch, EVER.

Ckrisz

Brooklyn Representah
Yes, PORCO ROSSO is as good as the guy said! :)

It helps to like flying, planes, and have a certain nostalgia for the style of old Hollywood movies.

Top Bottom