CCS's Berserk Art

This is what I did this weekend as opposed to doing any kind of productive homework-type stuff.
GriffithMuralDONEwebsatur.jpg

Keep your eyes open for the companion piece I'll be working on soon.

Edit: You can see a larger version here: http://ccs1989.deviantart.com/art/The-Hawk-and-His-Officers-152484065

Oburi

All praise Grail
Re: Griffith Mural: The Hawk and His Captains

Looks good man. Where's Rakshas though? Never any love for him.

To me Griffith looks a little too ... gaunt? Not as attractive as he's made out to be in the manga. But I dig the style and the layout. Looks like it's right out of Aeon Flux, very Peter Chung-ish, which is awesome, he's one of my favorites.

All together a very nice piece. I'd love too see more, or should I say, I can't wait too. :guts:

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Like Oburi, I think you could probably try to soften the lines a little on Griffith's face. Otherwise, it looks great; I especially like the stark shading you used with Grunberd. :carcus: Looking forward to seeing the companion piece!

Thanks! Yeah, I was worried about those cheekbones, I might go in and blend a little more just to clean it up. But for now I'm fairly happy with it.

Also I only included Apostles, and I'm not sure if Rakshas actually is one.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

CCS said:
Also I only included Apostles, and I'm not sure if Rakshas actually is one.

Rakshas is both an apostle and one of Griffith's captains.

Hm, didn't know that. Where does it say that?
Anyway his Apostle form's never been shown, so these are the guys whose apostle forms have been shown.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

CCS said:
I wonder what his transformation is... :rakshas:

Hahaha, who doesn't? :guts: He's the only one left and was always the most mysterious one, so I'm pretty sure everybody's looking forward to it.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying

You should add Rakshas to this mural.
Add him to Zodd's armpit
:troll:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED

Great work man! I finally get to return all those nice comments you give me. : ) I really like this. I would knock out the harsh shadows on griffiths cheekbones; is there an echo in here? Also, I might buff up Zodd's arms, he's looking a little thin. Other than that I think the composition is quite nice!

Awesome picture ! But yeah too bad theres 2 Zodd and no Rakshas :( hes captian of the demon search and destroy squad btw :rakshas: though i think alternate translations might call the squad something slightly different ><

This isn't the companion piece I was talking about, but here's another piece I did over the past day.
FemtoVsGutsBothWeb.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

I really like the companion piece, despite the lack of Rakshas love. :iva: You did an excellent job.

Thanks man! I'm pissed the larger version on deviantART isn't showing the right colors. :( it's only a slight difference, but it's super weird that it won't work.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

I love your take on Rakshas! The texture on the mask is really cool. :rakshas:

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Looks great, CCS! As for the weird color difference on DA, I wouldn't worry about it. :serpico: The disparity is so subtle that nobody would really notice. But if it really bothers you, just use the Photobucket version to show it off all over these fine internets.

Thanks dudes! I'm working on a digital painting of Guts right now but I'm having trouble with blending the colors. I'll post the results soon though and people can critique.

Here's the Gut's digital painting I've been working on. I need criticism on how the shades on his face blend into each other and if they're too distinct.

GutsCloseUpColorweb.jpg

Top Bottom