Battle Royale

battle royale kicked ass, good violence, good blood, alright plot, lots of japanese schoolchildren dying hideous deaths (what more do you want from a movie?)

if you think this is good, check out Ichi the Killer, its worth a dl

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
It was an interesting film. Interesting because the basic premise of the story was so completetly insane and nonsensical in a way that films haven't been since the 1960s or earlier, yet the movie worked in every conceivable way. Once you get past WHY they are on the island, and WHY they are battling to the death, it is in fact an excelent and expertly made movie.

The plot, dialogue, directing, everything seemed to work. Meaningful characters that actually develop. And of course, mindless action. All flawless really. Plus, Beat Takeshi is in it, which automatically gives it points.

Frankly, I think it's worth watching simply because it's a type of film you'll never see come out of hollywood.

D

Drachenfels

Finally the bastard died. I wanted to see him sooooo dead after Takeshi's Castle. >:(

Anyway, great movie, funny violence, although too many cheesy death scenes(I had the feeling that 99% of the pupils had to say something meaningful or "i love you" to another pupil before they died).

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
I didn't like it. The plot is so absurd! The fact that Japan is econmically impaired and they build a fortress with technology that would cost billions to manufacture just to teach some school children a lesson is the most fucked up idea concieved. The characters all die with some lame life revelation that tries to add depth to the plot. The violence was kinda funny, but if you only want to see gratuitous violence, this movie would be great. However most don't, so I don't like it much.

D

Drachenfels

Absurd? Ever watched "Cube"? Did you also think the plot was "absurd"? ::)
Oh, and which "fortress"? They just took a little island, evacuated the inhabitants, and placed speakers around the island and a communication central in one building. I doubt this costs "billions".
The movie was a great parody on the general retardness of Japan, in my opinion. ;D

D

Drachenfels

There was only one control room, and a color with a build in microphone and explosive should be pretty cheap.

theblakeman

What about the price of gathering those kids and shipping them there? And the weapons they had there for the kids? Eh...It was still a stupid movie. Sexy Japanese girls covered in blood doesn't even make me hot...unless it is virginal blood...ahem.

BOB

poruno sutâ
mmmh ive read that it was simple tales from the crypt like stuff. mmmh.
whats weird is bloodsucking freaks when it comes to gory movies

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Dude,you gotta see it it's the deepest shit with cheesy evil
dudes playing chess and therefore controlling destiny of mortals...

D

Drachenfels

theblakeman said:
What about the price of gathering those kids and shipping them there? And the weapons they had there for the kids? Eh...It was still a stupid movie. Sexy Japanese girls covered in blood doesn't even make me hot...unless it is virginal blood...ahem.

Ok, drop the topic, you obviously didn't understand the movie.

theblakeman

So you are saying Battle Royal is better than the garbage Hollywood makes? Pfft. I simply hated it for being gratuitous. I mean sure I masturbated a few times when the girls in it died gruesomely, but it was just too melodramatic.

petezilla

hahaha
I give it a 7 out of ten not super,not bad

Did you know there is a manga bassed on the movie or is the movie bassed on the manga can't remeber what they told me.

Top Bottom