Heavy Rain

So I was wondering about what others thought of the demo? of thoughts who have played it, I don't think it is ground breaking but very good that not allot of games are like this. It feels like a very awesome point and click game IMO I have played Indigo as well and thought that game for its time was great I can see a game like this coming out every few years if not over saturated I would not mind a game like this from time to time.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it's in the vein of Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy yeah (minus the supernatural elements), which all in all is logical. More of an "interactive movie" than a "point & click" game I think, meaning the plot and acting are the key elements to determine its worth. It seems to be getting good reviews so far, so if you have a PS3 and want a game your girlfriend will enjoy watching you play I guess this is the one for you.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Aazealh said:
so if you have a PS3 and want a game your girlfriend will enjoy watching you play I guess this is the one for you.
Does Deci have a PS3? :troll:

I played the demo, I thought it was pretty fun and I could see myself playing it when it comes out... but I don't know about paying 60 bucks for it, I could buy three whole pullhoons with 60 bucks!

G

GASKA

The demo was neat. Not my kind of game though. It's too slow for my tastes and too real life (meaning not much supernatural stuff). On a positive note it does draw quite a crowd. Everyone is shocked a game can look this good.

Definitely has an interactive movie feel. When I say point and click i mean when the actions pop up its like sorta moving the mouse to do an action i mean that's just me every one is different. I think the game was meant to be alittle slow in the fact that they want you to take everything in things can be missed even at the speed the game moves.

But movement wise it could have been alittle better but it really is not a problem for me at least I know allot of people on another forum were complaining about pressing r2 to walk while left is used for nothing other then direction. But that really does not bother me does it bother any of you? I think i could be wrong but i think a while back i read that you would have to tap/ press r1/r2 to walk or something like that I am glad I either made this up or what ever I read was wrong.

I really like how both chapters felt very different from each other I think that was really cool I felt like this was 2 different games.

It's definitely different. The initial scene with the fight is actually well done and pretty intense in its own way. I'll be picking this up soon.

I did indeed enjoy the fight that was awesome. Will have to get used to the movement but its fine I also like the level of involvement you have in the world it is very cool.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Played it, loved it. Wife loved it too :guts:. It was mentioned a while back that you get to use 4 different characters, and each interaction you decide or things to look for the story can go on a complete 360. Interesting enough, if the character dies... it dies. No continues nor re-track will be an option. I'm looking forward to it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
Played it, loved it. Wife loved it too :guts:.
Just curious, did she find the assault on the female in her underwear to be in bad taste? I only saw a few clips of that scene and it was already filled with about 3 leg-spreading shots. :schierke:

Different but the demo didn't pull me in enough to want to go out and buy it. I can see this game being a renter for sure. The whole crime scene part with the ARI glasses and glove I thought was pretty cool. It felt like I was playing an advanced version of Batman AA's detective mode though.

Essentially this is an interactive game wanting to be a movie(I think I read the creators saying something to that token) which needs to hook in the player with the story in order to be played. I felt it too much of a story in a movie that I can go to my local video store and rent. For that I think is why I wasn't hooked in. Besides that, the delivery is good in terms of graphics. The gameplay itself is fresh and different.

Aazealh said:
Looks like it's in the vein of Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy yeah (minus the supernatural elements)

Didn't the same people that make Indigo Prophecy make this game? In some clips of the trailer after the demo I saw the detective sitting at a table fiddling around with ARI on something that looked supernatural. Is that just the ARI device or is it a supernatural thing?

Walter said:
I only saw a few clips of that scene and it was already filled with about 3 leg-spreading shots. :schierke:

They really weren't that bad. THIS is something more to worry about:

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/heavy-rains-madison-strip/330972

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ori said:
Didn't the same people that make Indigo Prophecy make this game?

Yeah it's the same guys.

ori said:
In some clips of the trailer after the demo I saw the detective sitting at a table fiddling around with ARI on something that looked supernatural. Is that just the ARI device or is it a supernatural thing?

No idea, I didn't play the demo. I just an interview in which the director said there wouldn't be supernatural elements involved in the game.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Played the demo last night. I liked everything except some of the voice acting sounded odd to my ears. I've heard other people complain about stale or forced dialogue from certain characters, and I think I agree.....or maybe it's just because they are Frenchmen speaking English :carcus: *Waits for the ban*

I think I'll be buying it though. It is pretty engaging once you get the hang of the controls.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Saephon said:
Played the demo last night. I liked everything except some of the voice acting sounded odd to my ears. I've heard other people complain about stale or forced dialogue from certain characters, and I think I agree.....or maybe it's just because they are Frenchmen speaking English :carcus: *Waits for the ban*

You shouldn't because I agree they sound funny, almost to the point of breaking the experience.

The only voice actor I had a problem with was the detective with the ARI. Don't know what kind of accent he was trying to do but it sounded like a forced NY accent. Just that one line keeps playing over and over in my mind because it's so funny and annoying to me for some reason. "Ay I'm lookin fo lieutenant blake?"

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Walter said:
Just curious, did she find the assault on the female in her underwear to be in bad taste? I only saw a few clips of that scene and it was already filled with about 3 leg-spreading shots. :schierke:
Anything to spice up the relationship :carcus:. In all seriousness, that kind of material doesn't bother her at all. She was more into cracking the case.

Bought it. Liking it so far. Had to switch lingo to French. :rakshas:

Couldn't help but be reminded of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7XchZICFQU

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Just beat it. It speaks volumes about its quality when several bugs and awkward voice acting didn't stop me from enjoying it. Still, if those issues weren't present, it would be even better. Usually I see the plot twist coming from miles away; I'm glad I didn't this time.

I find that simple walking can be tedious in certain contained environments. Like every time there's a switch in camera angles, I let go of the joystick so it can 'adapt' to the angle I'm now shown in. Kind of makes the game seem choppy.

My other half and I are really enjoying it, even if sometimes I get asked "why the hell are you turning around on the spot?" the walk controls are definitely a bit clunky It would've been nice to be given the option to change between the R2 to walk and just using the left analogue stick. I think they may have done it so that it didn't suffer from that old school resident evil problem of; when switching to the next fixed camera angle forward is no longer forward, but if all I'm complaining about is the lack-lustre walking and nothing else then that's a plus.

Also I don't get the accent thing being english I can't really recognise the differences, I've heard a lot worse dubs and at least it's delivered fairly naturally and it's the first game I've played where the swearing is in the it's correct place and doesn't feel particularly forced. It's definitely a step forward for adventure games. As long as it stays firmly rooted in reality and doesn't go 'all Fahrenheit' towards the end

I haven't noticed this glaring plot hole everyone keeps talking about though, maybe I'm not paying attention enough, I'll look it up if I don't notice it by the end of the game

I can tell you the plot hole if you want let me know in PM

Manjou said:
My other half and I are really enjoying it, even if sometimes I get asked "why the hell are you turning around on the spot?" the walk controls are definitely a bit clunky It would've been nice to be given the option to change between the R2 to walk and just using the left analogue stick. I think they may have done it so that it didn't suffer from that old school resident evil problem of; when switching to the next fixed camera angle forward is no longer forward, but if all I'm complaining about is the lack-lustre walking and nothing else then that's a plus.

Also I don't get the accent thing being english I can't really recognise the differences, I've heard a lot worse dubs and at least it's delivered fairly naturally and it's the first game I've played where the swearing is in the it's correct place and doesn't feel particularly forced. It's definitely a step forward for adventure games. As long as it stays firmly rooted in reality and doesn't go 'all Fahrenheit' towards the end

I haven't noticed this glaring plot hole everyone keeps talking about though, maybe I'm not paying attention enough, I'll look it up if I don't notice it by the end of the game

Finished the games just now and although I didn't see this plot hole I have a pretty good idea what it might be.

I fancy playing through it again and failing at everything to see what happens

Picked this up blindly yesterday because my brother recommend it and GT5 (which the store didn't have). I texted a friend about HR last night and he said it was a fun game.

I don't see any posts on SK on it, so has anyone played this at all? I'll probably take a crack at it over the weekend.

Top Bottom