God Hand ramblings

Nabeshin

Herald of God Hand
I was just thinking... has anyone wondered about the symbolism behind the positioning of the God Hands during the Eclipse? Each one takes a different finger on the hand, and I think their placements might reflect on their character. Let's start with...

Void: He stands on the thumb, which is opposed to the other fingers. He is apparently the leader and most senior of the God Hands, and the thumb likewise is what gives the hand its manipulative ability. Also, I think that Void's perception is farther reaching than that of the other God Hands, and that he may be making plans in accordance with an agenda of which they are unaware -- specifically, I think that he may be plotting to overthrow the Idea somehow. In contrast, the other God Hands seem solely interested in filling their allotted roles. If this is the case, Void is indeed the thumb of the God Hand, juxtaposing his own intentions with those of the other members to achieve his goal.

Slann: She stands on the middle finger. The symbolism should be obvious. ;)

Ubik: He floats above the ring finger. Doesn't seem to mean much, save for the fact that rings are a sign of commitment and Ubik is often the one who most actively tries to persuade beherit-holders to make the sacrifice. If you remember, he showed the Count the flashback in hopes of making him relive his pain, and he also showed Griffith the "pile on more bodies" vision.

Conrad: He sits on the little finger, a finger that is occasionally useful and sometimes assists other fingers with a task that they're doing, but generally just takes up space.

Femto: With the four God Hands in position, there's only one place left for him -- the index finger. The index finger points ahead, and it has a major role in what the hand is doing, be it typing, shoe tying or string games, although I should hope the Hand of God has more important things to do. The fact that the index finger points and that it takes an important role in hand-related actions goes along with Femto's role as a God Hand. the reborn Griffith can be seen as an incarnation of God Hand's power in human form, like the hand of God pointing into the world. Likewise, Griffith has taken the initiative in steering the world down (what seems to be) the God Hands' intended course, although he may not realize what he is doing, and his influence is theoretically juxtaposed by the power that Void (the thumb) and his companions hold over fate and the will of humanity.

Well, there's more hand symbolism than any sane person could ever want. Merry Christmas.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Interesting thinking. I don't tend to pay nearly that much attention.
As long as we are "rambling," ever wonder what the God Hand do between summonings?

Nabeshin

Herald of God Hand
Majin Tenshi said:
As long as we are "rambling," ever wonder what the God Hand do between summonings?

Ubik: booya
Ubik: AARGH!!
Slann: booya to you too!
Ubik: bitch you were camping
Slann: was not fatass
Ubik: u saw didnt u conrad
Ubik: second time she killed me by the spawn point
Conrad: Ho ho ho
Slann: AGH!
Ubik: UUGH!
Conrad: u faggets
Ubik: dickweed, how d u always get to that flak gun first?
Conrad: i am 1337 sunabitch
Conrad: i will r0x0r j00 b0x0rs and make you kn33l d0VVn to ph33r my SuPr3m3
Conrad: GYAAAAAH!
Void: Subete wa inga no nagare no naka ni...
Void: bitch

Cloud Strife

Ive got a big sword to damn it!
Interesting thinking. I don't tend to pay nearly that much attention.

Drink beer, get high, get munchies, and try to toss coins into voids skull 8)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I've thought about the finger representation too, but excepted Void and Femto's apparent 'dominant' position over the other members I hadn't seen so much things (also note that without a thumb the hand loses a great part of its capacity).

As for what they're doing between summonings, in Vol. 17 there's an episode about a town ravaged by plague, rats brought it, and we see rats gathering to form Conrad's face. IMO that means that the God Hand is bringing death and despair to humans in subtle ways like disease, etc when they've got nothing else to do, each of them could have his own ability, wars may be initiated by Void's manipulation for example.

Majin Tenshi said:
ever wonder what the God Hand do between summonings?

they once made a pilot for a show kinda like MST3K, where they sit around and make fun of old shitty movies.
well during the filming of the pilot Void threw a fit cause he wanted to sit in the middle cause he was "the leader", and well due to his "large nature", you couldnt see what was happening in the middle of the screen. oh and needless to say, they werent funny at all

so the network execs never gave it a greenlight.

and now they all get together on thursday nights to sit around and play poker, and dream about the things that could have been

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
maybe...since slann is on the middle finger maybe they all take turns banging her. no they probably get high, and then selll some of the weed:
forune teller: hey there boy...your in high school right?
boy:yeah
fortune teller:would you like to become a king?
boy: nah
fortune teller:...ummm...would you like to some some weed then become king?
boy: sounds good...but...
Fortune teller: alright, but if you become king you can have all the weedyou want...
boy: allright! how would i do that?
fortune teller: put the weed in this beherit
-the eclipse (occuring at his high school)-
boy: okay i want all the teachers killed slowly, my friends can leave, any hot girl is to be NOT sacrificed...well if i cant bang her then kill her!...Thats my motto!
void: i'm so fucked up right now i don't even know whats going on man its like crazy n' shit.
-to be continued-
no! that high school kid was not supposed to be me!
and no i don't have a weed addiction!

Top Bottom