Will Isidro enter the lair of the Sea God?

How do you think Isidro will react to what the girl told him in episode 312?

• He ventures forth, considering himself a "pro" when it comes to these situations. The girl follows.

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • He recklessly enters the cave, and the girl runs to the village to warn them.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • He runs back to the group with the girl in tow.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He runs back to the group. The girl goes her own way.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • He and the girl are in danger inside the cave. Puck flies to Guts to save them.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • He's stepping back but it's too late, the Sea god is already stirring.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • He gets possessed!!

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
puella said:
Many people voted for option 1, myself included. But do you guys really think Isidro is so reckless as to think he can even fight a monster like the sea cucumber? I doubt it. I guess in that regard he will have to assume there's no monster in the cave for some reason.

I don't think he's reckless enough to think he could take on a sea god, but I do think he's curious enough to go into the cave to see what the sea god might be.

Also, I wouldn't discount the desire of a headstrong boy like Isidro to show off in front of and hopefully impress a (clearly nubile :carcus:) girl.

Our little Isidro is growing up! :isidro:

Isidro is not reckless enough to think he can take a sea god on his own, so he won't go in for that reason. Also he seems to be motivated a lot by a desire to prove himself as a warrior and there really isn't any reason to do that now, there is no one in trouble, no one is watching but this girl. I think his young curiosity will just get the better of him.

True Bekul he may want to show off.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
sanjii said:
Isidro is not reckless enough to think he can take a sea god on his own, so he won't go in for that reason. Also he seems to be motivated a lot by a desire to prove himself as a warrior and there really isn't any reason to do that now,
Think about it though, Isidro rarely takes spoken threats seriously. He only gets serious when he can see or experience the threat. He's likely to not believe the native girl and go in himself to check it out, saying:

"I've taken down a few monsters myself, you know... :carcus: "

Yeah you're right, I didn't consider the show-off possibility at first. I also think though that this girl isn't going to be someone who is overly impressed by Isidro, maybe she will get serious and try to physically stop him from going in when he attempts to show-off.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
sanjii said:
maybe she will get serious and try to physically stop him from going in when he attempts to show-off.
Perhaps, but she just says it's taboo, not that it's absolutely forbidden territory. She seems to be taking the whole intrusion thing pretty well so far.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The easiest way for Isidro is discard her warning would simply be to ask her: "has anyone ever seen this sea god before?" And since no one will have, well why not go check it out? It's probably just a legend, and he's not from the island himself after all so he can bypass the interdiction (the sort of logic he could use). Could hide a treasure or something, right? Only since the worlds merged, the previously-absent monster will be present.

puella said:
Also, I personaly think the god is much more powerful than something like the Kundalini, considering what Schierke says (Od wrapping the whole island).

Don't underestimate the Kundalini just because he tagged along with that loser Daiba! He was quite powerful! :puck:

Bekul said:
Also, I wouldn't discount the desire of a headstrong boy like Isidro to show off in front of and hopefully impress a (clearly nubile :carcus:) girl.

Our little Isidro is growing up! :isidro:

Hahaha well, he was already desirous to impress the fair sex back in the Conviction arc. :slan:

Guess we just need more info, we really have no idea why this cave is a taboo place, who knows what has happened in the past or what kind of stories may have been passed down.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
sanjii said:
Guess we just need more info, we really have no idea why this cave is a taboo place, who knows what has happened in the past or what kind of stories may have been passed down.

But we do know why it's taboo: because that's where the Sea God is supposed to reside...

I meant we don't know what may have happened with the sea god, was there some kind of incident? Was it recently or was it in the past? Is it all just superstition that is now a reality because of the merger of the worlds?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
sanjii said:
Is it all just superstition that is now a reality because of the merger of the worlds?
Why wouldn't that be the case? It's what we've seen happening across the entire planet.

puella

Berserk forever
It seems to me that the village was devastated recently. Maybe the being became more active since the astral wind blew? Or it was just a legend but recently appeared in the world.

Walter said:
Why wouldn't that be the case? It's what we've seen happening across the entire planet.

Because a "taboo" doesn't just rise up overnight, it's something that develops over time, but you're right it probably is the right answer, I'm just skeptical because the girl isn't really acting like something's happened recently.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
sanjii said:
Because a "taboo" doesn't just rise up overnight, it's something that develops over time

Well yeah, it's exactly what the girl tells Isidro in the episode.

sanjii said:
I'm just skeptical because the girl isn't really acting like something's happened recently.

There could be many reasons for that. Sinister reasons. :SK: And we know for a fact that at least one BIG thing happened recently: the astral and corporeal worlds were merged.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Went with option #1. I can really see Isidro setting off into the cave, overconfident in his own abilities, but getting himself into a whole world of hurt. So psyched to see what the sea god looks like...I'm also imagining a terrible creature, almost as big as the entrance to the cave. : O

Picked #1 as well, although I'm not so sure about the girl following Isidro.
So more accurately, I'd say "Isidro enters the cave, as he considers himself a pro, the girl doesn't follow".
Maybe she is nice enough to tell the rest of the group that Isidro is in/will cause some trouble?
Now that I think of it, this could force the other villagers at least to talk with Guts&co.
We could have them talking about the supposed horrors in the cave, while watching Isidro discover the real ones.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gaahl said:
Picked #1 as well, although I'm not so sure about the girl following Isidro.
So more accurately, I'd say "Isidro enters the cave, as he considers himself a pro, the girl doesn't follow".
Maybe she is nice enough to tell the rest of the group that Isidro is in/will cause some trouble?

Shouldn't you have picked the second option then?

Maybe I should have, but for me there is a difference between Isidro recklessly rushing in, more or less ignoring the girls warning,
and him entering carefully, taking the warning seriously yet still confident enough to take a look.
When i voted, that difference felt more important to me than the girl following or not.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gaahl said:
Maybe I should have, but for me there is a difference between Isidro recklessly rushing in, more or less ignoring the girls warning,
and him entering carefully, taking the warning seriously yet still confident enough to take a look.
When i voted, that difference felt more important to me than the girl following or not.

Ah, OK. The truth is, the wording wasn't meant to convey that big a difference between the two options.

Top Bottom