Where Berserk is headed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys lets not kid our selves, there are still many years to go until this story we love so much comes to a close. If I remember right, Miura said in his letter that hes about 60-70% done with berserk. So lets say he has another 14 volumes left to go and with this current trend of release breaks manages about 8 episodes a year. Lets say theres 10 episodes per volume thats 140 episodes divided by 8 so that is 17 and a half years.

Now I'm okay with that, Miura has shown unwavering quality and amazing artistic ability. But hey, it could be 17 and a half years. Now lets not have this thread turn into whines and complaints, but how do you guys feel about it? Be honest, and if you were in Miuras shoes would you perhaps do something different?

I love it! Honestly, having more Berserk to look forward to for so many years?

I much prefer that to it coming to an end and having /zero/ more Berserk to look forward to in the future.

When I first came here, I scratched my head at the wait periods. I was simply unaware of their consistency. Really it didn't take long to get used to the waits. The way I see it, I have no problem with waiting, I don't got anything else going on anyways.

I would suggest anyone needing a Berserk fix, is to re-read some older stuff, or get more use out of SK.net. I usually find enough new stuff going on in these forums to keep me entertained till the next episodes. The site has helped me appreciate Berserk, and understand it more. Coming here isn't even about the new episodes or waiting for them, its about expressing love of Berserk and ranting among peers. I think SK.net has taken up a life of his own. We're only privileged with new episodes.

OFF TOPIC

I helped run a Resident Evil site for years, there was always rants about people dying for the next game to come out. But it never gets anyone anywhere. (About 1 Resident Evil of some sort came out a year averagely.) For me, I just got more involved with RE than just playing the games, most of my love for RE didn't go into playing the games, but getting creative and finding ways to utilize what we were given in some form or fashion. It was more than enough to keep me busy and happy. That's just me though.

I love Berserk, the manga could have ended were the anime ended, and I would have loved it. How do I know that? Because I didn't even know there was a manga till about 2 years after seeing the anime. Up to the point of discovering the Manga I still loved Berserk, not even realizing that the story continued. So, for 2 years there, Berserk was over and still considered it as one of the best stories ever told.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Donald Shimoda said:
there are still many years to go until this story we love so much comes to a close.

I think this sentence summarizes everything neatly. "There are still many years to go until this story we love so much comes to a close." Isn't that great? Typically people don't want something they love to end quickly.

Donald Shimoda said:
If I remember right, Miura said in his letter that hes about 60-70% done with berserk.

And he made sure to specify it was a rough estimate that might change in time.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I don't mind how long it takes Miura to tell his story. Berserk is sacred to me, and if it takes 20 more years to tell it, so be it. You can't rush genius. Plus I always though it was cool having something to look forward to, once it's over that's it, it becomes of thing of the past. Shit maybe my kids could be reading new Berserk episodes before the end :guts: But yea it never bothered me, it keeps Berserk from being dated too. When did the first couple of volumes come out? 1988? 1989? You can tell it had a distinct 80's kinda style too it. And now look where it has come, 20 years later. The artwork is unmatched, the detail unprecedented. Imagine where it could be in another decade. Berserk 3D :isidro: Seriously though, I feel spoiled. Just having Berserk and the ability to read new episodes in my lifetime makes drop to my knees and thank the heavens.

End rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom