Error 8001050F: The Death of the PSN

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1073007p1.html

An error in the internal settings of the PlayStation 3 is crippling certain consoles. The affected PS3s can't play games or connect to the PlayStation Network, and their system clocks have been automatically reset to 12/31/99. Worse yet, Trophies earned before syncing the system appear to be lost and in some cases "corrupted", which would make it seem like you'll never get them back again.

I turned on my system, noticed the date and immediately shut it off. Only to read Sony advises you to keep your system off. :judo:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Proj2501 said:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1073007p1.html

An error in the internal settings of the PlayStation 3 is crippling certain consoles. The affected PS3s can't play games or connect to the PlayStation Network, and their system clocks have been automatically reset to 12/31/99. Worse yet, Trophies earned before syncing the system appear to be lost and in some cases "corrupted", which would make it seem like you'll never get them back again.

I turned on my system, noticed the date and immediately shut it off. Only to read Sony advises you to keep your system off. :judo:

Thanks for the infor Proj. I was planning to buy a PS3 recently and so good thing to know this.

[quote author=ps3.ign.com]What systems are affected?
Right now, only the older PS3 "Fats" are in trouble; but not all of them (though it is the majority). The newer PS3 Slims are operating without issue.
[/quote]

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Kind of a sensational thread title, isn't it? Sony has already said they have a fix for it within the next 24 hours.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Kind of a sensational thread title, isn't it? Sony has already said they have a fix for it within the next 24 hours.

Yikes, guess I won't be watching the extra features on my Star Trek Blu-ray tonight. Oh well, more time for Mass Effect. :guts:

Damn. I think I still got my trophies but this has been ruining my netflix experience. I didn't think nothing of it last night as netflix has always been a little glitchy for me in comparison to the 360. But no biggie if it'll be fixed by tomorrow morning.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Walter said:
The error has been fixed.
Death of PSN? A bit dramatic for my taste but whatever works eh? Turns out it was Y2K factor. Problem originated on the date feature. My PS3 acted up yesterday, and now is suddenly working. Though it's a day behind. :badbone:

Top Bottom