Gee, another S2 rumor?

http://www.animeondvd.com/press/conventions/acen2k2.php

The notable statement is:

"The second season is being worked on in Japan right now. They are in the process of drawing up the storyboards. However, the next section of the story is so violent, they aren't sure it will even be able to air in Japan."

Apparently said by "John" from Media Blasters. ... is this old news, an unsubstantiated rumor, or what?

D

Drachenfels

Idiotic babble from someone who has no clue. The same shit that was said two years ago.

John Sirabella from MB...truly the source of inside information.
I guess those storyboards have been in the works for what...2 years now? Those had better be some HELLA badass storyboards...

BOB

poruno sutâ
i heard you could dl them in a zip file together with Lotr part three and T3. the cousin of a friend's friend of mine had it but his HD crashed. However he's going to get the stuff again next weekend

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BOB said:
i heard you could dl them in a zip file together with Lotr part three and T3. the cousin of a friend's friend of mine had it but his HD crashed. However he's going to get the stuff again next weekend
Not suprisingly, this sounds exactly like the same babble 90% of the internet is full of. Excecllent emulation, Bob =).

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
well i havent seen Mirua...err...oliver hasn't said anything on this topic yet so it may be bull. I won't believe it unless the head of anime works, oliver, or kentaro mirua says its true.

ShinHell9 said:
well i havent seen Mirua...err...oliver hasn't said anything on this topic yet so it may be bull. I won't believe it unless the head of anime works, oliver, or kentaro mirua says its true.

"John" refers to John Sirabella, the owner of Media Blasters, which is the parent company of Anime Works.

Still, this is pretty old news - we should have heard something by this point. I think the only way season 2 will happen at this point is if Media Blasters decides to fund another season.

P

psymont

well thats not going to be for a long time .... the end feels years away .... first the trolls, then problems in elfheim, then the griffith posse, then the godhand(maybe), then griffith!(not in any particular order) .... i dont think ill live to see the end :'(

T

temporary

That's the problem, no studio is going to freaking fund a project that will never end, its too costly. It is obvious that the producers want to sum up the berserk world in 2 seasons, or 2 seasons and an ova or something. Miura has dragged on the manga long enough without doing us justice. The story is simply lagging, and Miura is introducing too many characters that are not of considerable importance. In other words, Miura is really pumping out a lot of bullshit or, he's just run out of weed, thus ideas...

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
UrashimaSenpai said:
That's the problem, no studio is going to freaking fund a project that will never end, its too costly. It is obvious that the producers want to sum up the berserk world in 2 seasons, or 2 seasons and an ova or something. Miura has dragged on the manga long enough without doing us justice. The story is simply lagging, and Miura is introducing too many characters that are not of considerable importance. In other words, Miura is really pumping out a lot of bullshit or, he's just run out of weed, thus ideas...

Bah! Quit yer bitchin!

How do you know these characters don't have any importance? Plus, we've found out a lot about the Berserk universe in the past few months.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I dont know much about this whole s2 crap but I agree they are draggin this whole plot a little bit too much, Not saying that the story line crap or anything but if there are plans or not somebody say something...
By the way is the american version of Berserk any better or at least different???? just asking

well several manga and anime have lasted years. Dragon Ball lasted about 10 years for both manga and anime. The production companies didn't know when it would end, but they funded it anyway because they were profitable. I don't understand why the same isn't done for Berserk. An ongoing anime could be very profitable for these companies.

P

psymont

namayias said:
well several manga and anime have lasted years. Dragon Ball lasted about 10 years for both manga and anime. The production companies didn't know when it would end, but they funded it anyway because they were profitable. I don't understand why the same isn't done for Berserk. An ongoing anime could be very profitable for these companies.

i agree, Berserk has real consumer appeal .... anyone that i have sat down in front of the anime hasnt wanted to get up .... and when they got to the last couple of episodes, they all cried cause of what happened :'( .... then they said "what?!? thats it? no more episodes?!? ??? .... what i think Berserk needs is a BIG budget theater release! .... i know i am being ass .... i just wish .... :-\

T

temporary

A big theatrical release wouldn't do Berserk justice. I'd like 2 more seasons, with a final ova that wraps up the whole thing.

P

psymont

UrashimaSenpai said:
A big theatrical release wouldn't do Berserk justice. I'd like 2 more seasons, with a final ova that wraps up the whole thing.

nice

what im dreaming of a trilogy! ::)

with stalone as guts(a joke)

though rambo did kick ass in first blood(until he cried anyway)

but seriously, lets play a game: who would play guts in a motion picture?

ill go first: a beefy baldwin maybe

AntMan

I honestly think i sorta look like Gatts
Westly Snipes!!! Who says he can't be black? hehehe

or me... i just need to put on a few pounds.... bout a miracle to make me more defined..... MY GOD I EAT SO MUCH JUNK

Maybe Arnie could do it?

P

psymont

coming to think of it, i cant think of any actors that could honestly pull off a good guts .... ???

Top Bottom