Author Topic: 1/3rd Zodd bust from Narin  (Read 12797 times)

Offline Truder

• Of the Nexus
  • "I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Re: 1/3rd Zodd bust from Narin
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2010, 08:51:43 AM »
wow, very nice :ubik:

Offline yesmilord

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2010, 10:17:58 PM »
Wow...I actually kinda want to get this now !

Offline Aphasia

• Of the Nexus
  • ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2010, 01:50:54 AM »
Holy Freakin' balls that is wicked~! Love that base.

I can so totally relate .. think Greek/Roman busts sculpted in marble...

Hah I know! Classical sculpture totally captivates me, I've got a huge folder on my HD chock full of old sculpture pics.  This bust reminds me a lot of something like that.

Offline DirectDK

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2010, 07:47:59 AM »
Shit's gorgeous.  Dare I say, better and BIGGER than the Headlong one.  The base is very creative and I like how he's face is turned a little bit.  Definitely getting this!!!

Offline deathbybears

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2010, 10:03:02 AM »
I agree, I think this is one of the better busts I've seen for Berserk, if not the best. While the base is awesome, I feel that it steals attention away from the rest of the statue.

Offline Maiku

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2010, 12:35:56 AM »
Overall I love it.  Not sure if I really get what he is going with on the base though.

I'll probably pick it up.

Do we know the height?

Offline Theoden

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 12:45:49 PM »
Shit's gorgeous.  Dare I say, better and BIGGER than the Headlong one.  The base is very creative and I like how he's face is turned a little bit.  Definitely getting this!!!

Sure, this model is really good, but having the Headlong one, I wouldn't be so affirmative about this one's superiority. I really don't find this one's base to be really appropriated ( and I don't see exactly what it's meant to be; a spinal column ? with a rib cage ? sounds a bit strange to me, I don't see the exact point with zodd, but yeah it have its own style ).

I think the base is too thin as well...

Also, I'm not a huge fan of the face-shoulder-pad, but that's just a matter of taste...

Finally, I have to say that I like his facial expression, this kind of half-smile like only Zodd can make one is pretty good.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 01:52:33 PM »
Sure, this model is really good, but having the Headlong one, I wouldn't be so affirmative about this one's superiority.

Same here. They're both very good but while Narin's is bigger, I'd say Headlong's has a better likeliness.

Offline Maiku

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2010, 01:13:17 AM »
Headlong is 1/4?

The more I think about it the less I am into the base.  I guess I can cut it off and customize it.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2010, 07:40:31 AM »
Headlong is 1/4?

It's 170 mm tall (6.7 in).

Offline DirectDK

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 06:56:54 PM »
Some new details about the bust.  Narin emailed me with some cool info, I'm sure you'd like to know.  He also appears to be reading this thread because he noticed that one of you asked for the height of the bust.  So he sent me this picture for you to see.

Looks to be 11 inches tall.  He plans to make no more than 50 copies, fyi.  The price is $199 USD not including shipping or paint.  Although it seems that he will also paint upon request, which is pretty sweet for those that don't have a go-to painter (or can't do it themselves).

Narin also mentioned he plans to do a Griffith and Guts bust in the same 1/3 scale after this.  AND, he also wants to do a Guts standing on the back of Zodd, at 1/6 scale!!!  If he's referring to the scene that AOW already did, that's gonna be HUMONGOUS.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2010, 07:35:43 PM »
He also appears to be reading this thread because he noticed that one of you asked for the height of the bust.

He's a registered member, as a matter of fact. I'm sure he'll post if he feels like it. :serpico:

AND, he also wants to do a Guts standing on the back of Zodd, at 1/6 scale!!!  If he's referring to the scene that AOW already did, that's gonna be HUMONGOUS.

Well Guts doesn't stand on Zodd's back all that often. :slan:

Offline Maiku

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2010, 08:58:28 PM »
OOoooooO!  Being a series makes me VERY happy.

$200 is kind of alot for an unpainted unlicensed kit.  I guess I should be used to paying a premium for Berserk stuff.

Guts standing on Apostle Zodd at 1/6?!!?!?!?!?  I feel like that is almost impossible given how huge Zodd is.  (Put me down for one  :carcus:)

Offline HITReza

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2010, 09:22:48 AM »
Some new details about the bust.  Narin emailed me with some cool info, I'm sure you'd like to know.  He also appears to be reading this thread because he noticed that one of you asked for the height of the bust.  So he sent me this picture for you to see.

Looks to be 11 inches tall.  He plans to make no more than 50 copies, fyi.  The price is $199 USD not including shipping or paint.  Although it seems that he will also paint upon request, which is pretty sweet for those that don't have a go-to painter (or can't do it themselves).

Narin also mentioned he plans to do a Griffith and Guts bust in the same 1/3 scale after this.  AND, he also wants to do a Guts standing on the back of Zodd, at 1/6 scale!!!  If he's referring to the scene that AOW already did, that's gonna be HUMONGOUS.

HELL F*CKING YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally we get more Berserk stuff!!!!

Man GREAT news!! :)

Offline NARIN

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2010, 06:15:25 AM »
Hellooo everyone  :slan:

This my first post. Thank you very much for every comment. I'm glad you like my sculpt. Really! :ubik:

Little sneak peek for my little sculpt. Hope you like it.

Enjoy. :daiba:

Offline The Beast of Darkness

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2010, 06:42:23 AM »
Hi Narin, welcome on board!
Your Zodd is already incredible but this Daka looks very nice too, I look forward to see it finished!

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2010, 10:07:11 AM »

Hello Narin, welcome to SK.net.

Looking mighty good so far!

Offline asic

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
Hi NARIN, welcome :)

awesome sculpts you've made so far, looking forward to more  :serpico:

Offline Aphasia

• Of the Nexus
  • ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2010, 01:40:46 AM »
Awesome stuff! I'm blown away by the super talented sculpture artists here on SKnet.  There seems to be a ton of them, all very skilled.

a 1/6th Zodd would be NUTS.  I would only expect a crazy kit like that to have a crazy price tag.  Excited to see your future work!

Offline Maiku

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2010, 02:38:41 PM »

This my first post. Thank you very much for every comment. I'm glad you like my sculpt. Really! :ubik:

Enjoy. :daiba:

Looking good.  Also a 1/3 bust?

Offline bomberserk

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2010, 08:01:04 AM »

Hi Narin,
nice to meet you here on SK.net
your work is really good

By the way, Do you have a studio or shop in Bangkok? I'm Thai and live in Bangkapi. and if you have a shop I would like to see your work.

Offline NARIN

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2010, 08:51:24 AM »
Thank you very much for all comment man!  :zodd:

Hi Narin,
nice to meet you here on SK.net
your work is really good

By the way, Do you have a studio or shop in Bangkok? I'm Thai and live in Bangkapi. and if you have a shop I would like to see your work.

Hi bomberserk  I not have studio and all work make it in the room.
   I have website  this is it

www.narinstudio.com

Thanks

Offline HITReza

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2010, 05:10:06 PM »
is the bust now up for sale?

thx!