1/3rd Zodd bust from Narin

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Holy Freakin' balls that is wicked~! Love that base.

Joa said:
I can so totally relate .. think Greek/Roman busts sculpted in marble...

Hah I know! Classical sculpture totally captivates me, I've got a huge folder on my HD chock full of old sculpture pics. This bust reminds me a lot of something like that.

Shit's gorgeous. Dare I say, better and BIGGER than the Headlong one. The base is very creative and I like how he's face is turned a little bit. Definitely getting this!!!

I agree, I think this is one of the better busts I've seen for Berserk, if not the best. While the base is awesome, I feel that it steals attention away from the rest of the statue.

Overall I love it. Not sure if I really get what he is going with on the base though.

I'll probably pick it up.

Do we know the height?

DirectDK said:
Shit's gorgeous. Dare I say, better and BIGGER than the Headlong one. The base is very creative and I like how he's face is turned a little bit. Definitely getting this!!!

Sure, this model is really good, but having the Headlong one, I wouldn't be so affirmative about this one's superiority. I really don't find this one's base to be really appropriated ( and I don't see exactly what it's meant to be; a spinal column ? with a rib cage ? sounds a bit strange to me, I don't see the exact point with zodd, but yeah it have its own style ).

I think the base is too thin as well...

Also, I'm not a huge fan of the face-shoulder-pad, but that's just a matter of taste...

Finally, I have to say that I like his facial expression, this kind of half-smile like only Zodd can make one is pretty good.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Theoden said:
Sure, this model is really good, but having the Headlong one, I wouldn't be so affirmative about this one's superiority.

Same here. They're both very good but while Narin's is bigger, I'd say Headlong's has a better likeliness.

Headlong is 1/4?

The more I think about it the less I am into the base. I guess I can cut it off and customize it.

Some new details about the bust. Narin emailed me with some cool info, I'm sure you'd like to know. He also appears to be reading this thread because he noticed that one of you asked for the height of the bust. So he sent me this picture for you to see.

narinzoddbustheight.jpg

Looks to be 11 inches tall. He plans to make no more than 50 copies, fyi. The price is $199 USD not including shipping or paint. Although it seems that he will also paint upon request, which is pretty sweet for those that don't have a go-to painter (or can't do it themselves).

Narin also mentioned he plans to do a Griffith and Guts bust in the same 1/3 scale after this. AND, he also wants to do a Guts standing on the back of Zodd, at 1/6 scale!!! If he's referring to the scene that AOW already did, that's gonna be HUMONGOUS.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
He also appears to be reading this thread because he noticed that one of you asked for the height of the bust.

He's a registered member, as a matter of fact. I'm sure he'll post if he feels like it. :serpico:

DirectDK said:
AND, he also wants to do a Guts standing on the back of Zodd, at 1/6 scale!!! If he's referring to the scene that AOW already did, that's gonna be HUMONGOUS.

Well Guts doesn't stand on Zodd's back all that often. :slan:

OOoooooO! Being a series makes me VERY happy.

$200 is kind of alot for an unpainted unlicensed kit. I guess I should be used to paying a premium for Berserk stuff.

Guts standing on Apostle Zodd at 1/6?!!?!?!?!? I feel like that is almost impossible given how huge Zodd is. (Put me down for one :carcus:)

DirectDK said:
Some new details about the bust. Narin emailed me with some cool info, I'm sure you'd like to know. He also appears to be reading this thread because he noticed that one of you asked for the height of the bust. So he sent me this picture for you to see.

Looks to be 11 inches tall. He plans to make no more than 50 copies, fyi. The price is $199 USD not including shipping or paint. Although it seems that he will also paint upon request, which is pretty sweet for those that don't have a go-to painter (or can't do it themselves).

Narin also mentioned he plans to do a Griffith and Guts bust in the same 1/3 scale after this. AND, he also wants to do a Guts standing on the back of Zodd, at 1/6 scale!!! If he's referring to the scene that AOW already did, that's gonna be HUMONGOUS.

HELL F*CKING YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally we get more Berserk stuff!!!!

Man GREAT news!! :)

NARIN

I love Berserk
Hellooo everyone :slan:

This my first post. Thank you very much for every comment. I'm glad you like my sculpt. Really! :ubik:

daka01.jpg

Little sneak peek for my little sculpt. Hope you like it.

Enjoy. :daiba:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Awesome stuff! I'm blown away by the super talented sculpture artists here on SKnet. There seems to be a ton of them, all very skilled.

a 1/6th Zodd would be NUTS. I would only expect a crazy kit like that to have a crazy price tag. Excited to see your future work!

NARIN said:

This my first post. Thank you very much for every comment. I'm glad you like my sculpt. Really! :ubik:

daka01.jpg

Little sneak peek for my little sculpt. Hope you like it.

Enjoy. :daiba:

Looking good. Also a 1/3 bust?

NARIN said:

Hi Narin,
nice to meet you here on SK.net
your work is really good

By the way, Do you have a studio or shop in Bangkok? I'm Thai and live in Bangkapi. and if you have a shop I would like to see your work.

NARIN

I love Berserk
Thank you very much for all comment man! :zodd:

bomberserk said:
Hi Narin,
nice to meet you here on SK.net
your work is really good

By the way, Do you have a studio or shop in Bangkok? I'm Thai and live in Bangkapi. and if you have a shop I would like to see your work.

Hi bomberserk I not have studio and all work make it in the room.
I have website this is it

www.narinstudio.com

Thanks

Top Bottom