[April Fools] New Berserk game on the PSP

Sorry if its posted already but I searched and saw nothing. so i was checking some pictures on a jap forum and I saw this.

looks to me like a new berserk game. any idea was it says??? thnks

berserk.jpg

edit: found it here http://www2.2ch.net/2ch.html

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Asking around a bit and it seems to be a port of the PS2 game. Don't know how reliable the sources are and I haven't played the PS2 game yet, so I can't tell if the screens are from that game. In any case, I need to fix my PSP or get a new one. :farnese:

Dar_Klink

Zeeho said:
WOW this is awesome!!!! :ubik: can we get more info? whens it out? :guts:
All the info I know is what I posted so far, I asked a Japanese-speaking friend what he could read on it and he said it's just saying stuff along the lines of "Berserk game coming out for PSP" doesn't mention if it's a port or not I don't think. We'll get more info soon hopefully... and hopefully it's not a fake or anything like that.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Wow, awesome find Kalie Ma! I've been scouring the Internet for an hour trying to find more info on this and I found this slightly bigger picture.

o0689030010468417147.png

From http://ameblo.jp/keiji152/entry-10490655582.html

Maybe someone can translate it since it's clearer? Anywho I'll be on the lookout for more.

Dar_Klink

Zeeho said:
so it's not a port then ok. thanks man much appreciated :guts: :guts:
Didn't say that, just meant that, to the best of my knowledge, I cant confirm it either way. What Vaxillus posted make me think it will be though.

They look like they are from the Berserk game for the PS2. I have played it, however these screenshots don't look familiar to me. Sorry, I can't seem to remember if I have seen them in the game or not. The only thing that looks like it's from the PS2 game is Guts health meter. If you look closely at the picture you can see at the top left corner it shows Guts health meter as well as his rage meter (I really don't know if that's what it's called, I am only assuming). The health meter is the red part obviously :iva:, and the green part of the circle is Guts rage meter. In the third photo you can see that there is the brand mark on Guts health meter. Whenever that happens your supposed to press the triangle button and Guts will do a special attack which can kill the enemy immediately. The reason why I am bringing this all up is because this is from the Berserk game for the PS2. I am not saying that this is the same game, I am saying that these screenshots could be fake.I think it's best to ask Puella to help you out on the translation part, she's incredibly good with translations.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, guess I'm going to need a PSP now! :void: Why couldn't it have been on the NDS. :judo:

Thanks for posting this guys anyway, looks like I should have been checking for news even during breaks. :iva: I'm moving/renaming the thread, and Vaxillus your picture doesn't show up, you shouldn't hotlink. Here's a rehost from Dar Klink:

berufami01.png

So about the text, right away I can tell you it's slated for a September 2010 release. It mentions using Puck's abilities (to heal yourself I imagine) under the third picture. Can't see what's on the right other than "Guts". There isn't too much information... The text under the second picture mentions "subweapons". Also the picture on the left is from some kind of QTE scene, but that's obvious. Now what could possibly be big news is that I can see Miura's name on the right of the text. Can't say much since half the text is obscured but the kanji before it look like they could hint that he's been working on it!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zeeho said:
cmon lol the psps great you also gotta try metal gear and god of war at least :guts:

Haha yeah I know, I was kidding, it's just that I painfully refrained from getting one for years and now that Nintendo's announced the 3DS I'd rather have waited for a new model. :iva:

But I guess there are some arguments one just can't refuse. :badbone:

Miyamoto_PSP.jpg

Anyway, I don't think anything is explicitly mentioned about it being a port in the text. Looking at the pictures though it doesn't look like the GUI is exactly the same than in the PS2 game, and it's completely different from the DC game's. The PS2 game also didn't have QTEs (but the DC game did so...). Some pictures to compare:

GUI_PS2.jpg

GUI_DC.jpg

Now of course that doesn't mean too much as they could have simply reworked the GUI and maybe the controls so they'd fit the PSP better or demanded less processing power... Guess we'll need more information to be sure. Still, I'm excited that Miura's at least mentioned in there.

By the way, thinking about it, there had been a 5 years gap between the DC game and the PS2 game, and a 6 years gap between the PS2 game and this new PSP one. I hope we won't have to wait until 2017 for the next title. :void:

Aazealh said:
It mentions using Puck's abilities (to heal yourself I imagine) under the third picture. Can't see what's on the right other than "Guts". There isn't too much information... The text under the second picture mentions "subweapons".

I am still a bit skeptical about this. In the PS2 game Puck has the ability to heal Guts. Guts also has subweapons in the PS2 game, such as bombs, throwing knives, and arrows. Although it could just be that they are adding in the same elements that they used in the PS2 game for this one. What do you guys think?

Hi everyone I'm new here, please be gentle! :farnese:

I have to say, this is really a great website, amazing discussions! I wanted to post for a long time but was a little scared but today I couldnt resist. :serpico: So about this game I was wondering what part of the story it covers? Is like like the PS2 game with the Millenium Falcon or after that? Maybe they will fight in the city harbor with the old wizard and the monster army that'd be awesome! And do you guys think you can play as Serpico or the others? Ahaha sorry I have many questions I'm too excited! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
slan69 said:
I am still a bit skeptical about this. In the PS2 game Puck has the ability to heal Guts. Guts also has subweapons in the PS2 game, such as bombs, throwing knives, and arrows. Although it could just be that they are adding in the same elements that they used in the PS2 game for this one. What do you guys think?

Well like I said nothing's sure for now. Keep in mind though that every Berserk game so far has featured healing by Puck and subweapons, so it doesn't really mean much. That being said, on the picture you can see that Sega is editing the game, so it's definitely possible that they could reuse the same graphics engine (or a modified version) instead of recreating one from scratch. I imagine the main reason this is coming out for PSP is to lower production costs anyway.

One thing though: did Puck appear on screen alongside Guts in the PS2 game? From what I remember he was just a "summon" like the other 3 characters. But in those screenshots it looks like you see him on screen during fights.

Finy said:
Hi everyone I'm new here, please be gentle! :farnese:

Welcome aboard! :SK:

Finy said:
So about this game I was wondering what part of the story it covers?

No idea for now. There's a troll in one picture so I think we can safely say that part of the story will be covered, but other than that, no idea. You see Guts in some kind of city too, so maybe it's meant to be Vritannis, but I can't confirm.

Finy said:
And do you guys think you can play as Serpico or the others?

Maybe, but honestly I doubt it. It's "just" a PSP game, remember. There's only so much you can do on a handheld. Maybe you could unlock a skin for the main character once you beat the game or something but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Aazealh said:
Well like I said nothing's sure for now. Keep in mind though that every Berserk game so far has featured healing by Puck and subweapons, so it doesn't really mean much. That being said, on the picture you can see that Sega is editing the game, so it's definitely possible that they could reuse the same graphics engine (or a modified version) instead of recreating one from scratch. I imagine the main reason this is coming out for PSP is to lower production costs anyway.

One thing though: did Puck appear on screen alongside Guts in the PS2 game? From what I remember he was just a "summon" like the other 3 characters. But in those screenshots it looks like you see him on screen during fights.

That's what I am thinking. Well thanks for clearing that up for me. Yes Puck was only a summon in the PS2 game. You know what I didn't even notice Puck in the second screenshot. :farnese:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well this is a pleasant way to wake up -- a new Berserk game's been announced as I slept. It seems Miura's been busy with something on the side afterall.

The title on the magazine blurb is "Berserk Portable", no mention of PS2 or Dreamcast, so I think it may be possible that it's both ... or neither?

Either way, like others have said here, seems Ill have to get a PSP now. :sad:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
What a pleasant surprise. I don't suppose anyone thinks there is enough demand for a stateside release?

Hmm, my first thought would be no but the manga's been a hit in the US, so who knows... The PSP has no region lock to its games anyway, so playing the game on a US model won't be a problem. Not that an English translation wouldn't be appreciated of course.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Many obscure Japanese games make it through for PSP, I don't see why this one wouldn't. Then again, that the PS2 game never came still bothers me...

Nice find, and check out the health bar, it's different on the magazine scan.

We can't see too well, but judging from Guts on the picture with the QTE, it looks like the PS2 game. Maybe they ported both.

Top Bottom