Caska being the object of rape...

C

castrateme

Seriously, does anyone have any idea why Caska is the object of being raped so much in the story? They definitely show it a lot. I mean, I can think of many times in Berserk where Caska is almost raped.

As a child, the noble who took custody for her almost raped her, until Griffifth saved her. During the Band of the Hawk arc, there are numerous times when Adon and his goons tried to rape her. The demented apostle Wyald tries to rape her with his penis-tongue. We all know what happened during the Eclipse. Even after that, there are people that try to rape Caska. Just recently in the manga, a gang of bandits try to rape her AGAIN. And what's even worse, Guts even comes close to raping her when the Beast temporarily took control. I'm sure there are other times, but these were all the ones I could pull off of the top of my head.

I mean, seriously, what's up with all this? Is there some type of hidden meaning or symbolism behind any of it? Or is it just Miura having fun with creating a dark, twisted story that is Berserk?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Think of each isolated situation. It all adds up. Casca is a female mercenary. She fights armies full of horny men who are away from civilization most of the time, surrounded by other men. All the others add up except maybe the wandering trio in chapter 188... thats just plain random.

i think the constant rape thing only shows how dark and brutal caska's life is. without being the object of rape every couple of volumes, caska's life throughout berserk would be pretty plain.

and the reason its rape and not something else is the fact that shes a woman. they say that rape is one of the most traumatic things a person can go through (right behind living in indiana). what else would be traumatic for her, so that it would fit in with the atmosphere of berserk? breaking a nail? i dont think so

plus walter's right, you got soldiers at war, in the event that they come across a woman, theyre going to want to have sex with her.

so caska's rapes dont have meaning behind them, they dont symbolize anything. rape in berserk is concieveable and it fits in with the atmosphere

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Well if i remeber correctly caska isn't the only one always in a rape situation, didn't Farenze almost get raped by a horse or something in the 17th volume?

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
ShinHell9 said:
Well if i remeber correctly caska isn't the only one always in a rape situation, didn't Farenze almost get raped by a horse or something in the 17th volume?

Yeah, there was that. And Jill. And Guts. And that woman that tried to fight the trolls (Vol 24). And probably a whole bunch of other people I haven't seen. But it does seem like the majority of the time, Casca is the victim.

number18

a sci-fi bitch
Hm...well, if I remember things correctly, in fuedal Japan (I am using Japan as an example, not JUST in Japan), if you were a woman, that's what was going to happen to you if something bad came your way. If your town got taken over by the local fueding lord or something, it was more than likely, you'd be raped..and then killed. That's why women carried around the small daggers (like Tomoe does in the Kenshin ova), so they could kill themselves before they got raped. It's also, I think, the reason women started learning to use the naginata, to defend themselves while their men were away....cause they'd get RAPED.

Besides, that is what happens in war...it's like, the most basic thing. I would almost go as far as saying that it's a basic principle of nature. Men are killed, women are raped. Men aren't raped (by women, that is) because men first need to become erect/aroused to even possibly be taken advantage of. Women, however, can be used at any time, since there needs to be no arousal to be used. So that's what I mean when I say women are simply raped, that it is just what happens.

And to rant a little bit, rape seems to be a consequence of the differences between the male and female sex organs. Men have the control; it's the man that needs to be aroused for actual intercourse to happen. There is no way a woman can "go flacid" and prevent sex in the same physical manner. And women need mental stimulation to become aroused in the first place. It takes a longer time for women to become aroused, also. And some women have sex without ever being fully aroused in the first place. We don't have orgasms every single time. I'm not trying to man-hate or anything, but it sucks. Men can be sexually satisfie with ease, while women can't even figure out how to arouse themselves sometimes! :p

As for Caska being raped so many times (or rather, people trying to rape her so many times), she more than likely just sees it as "the way things are." I don't doubt that one bit. I don't find it strange that she is attacked so many times. It makes sense and fits, for the time period and whatnot.

Annnnnd, I'll end another pointless rant here before it gets any more senseless...

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
I've never understood how one can rape a woman that is not already wet... seems like that would hurt both parties.... your skin and hers would just stick to each other....

G

Genn21

Darok [Shattered Will] said:
I've never understood how one can rape a woman that is not already wet... seems like that would hurt both parties.... your skin and hers would just stick to each other....

Get help Pixie ( your skin and hers what if it was two guys ?).

Im sure millions upon billions of girls in midland get crazy raped every day. Casca's just one of the main characters in this story which takes place in a near lawless land like the dark ages. Where most people could give a pack of apple sauce and two shits about going out and rapeing the cutest youngest thing to satisfy there appetite. Woman are perfect targets in this world
to make the reader more involved and actully feel for the story. Its just that casca's one of the main woman so miura wants to make it down & gritty ( up cloase & personal ) kinda to let the reader just know what rape really is and im sure the large crazy sized kangis describe how it feels.

Gut's skills rape the apostles tho.

number18

a sci-fi bitch
Genn21 said:
Im sure millions upon billions of girls in midland get crazy raped every day. Casca's just one of the main characters in this story which takes place in a near lawless land like the dark ages. Where most people could give a pack of apple sauce and two shits about going out and rapeing the cutest youngest thing to satisfy there appetite. Woman are perfect targets in this world
to make the reader more involved and actully feel for the story. Its just that casca's one of the main woman so miura wants to make it down & gritty ( up cloase & personal ) kinda to let the reader just know what rape really is and im sure the large crazy sized kangis describe how it feels.

Totally. I agree, Mr. Genn21. And a woman doesn't need to be wet for a penis to enter. A man can force it in there no problem. :/

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
That would chauf the willy...But as skeletor once said.."Dah fool! No lubricant! I want to see raw fucking!"...well atleast Bran said it from CKY...crazy guy.. ;D

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Dumpsterkid21 said:
Its just that casca's one of the main woman so miura wants to make it down & gritty ( up cloase & personal ) kinda to let the reader just know what rape really is and im sure the large crazy sized kangis describe how it feels.

I thought the knobby wangs were just there to draw in the tentacle-rape fetishists.

Top Bottom