Author Topic: What'd you do over the weekend?  (Read 60548 times)

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
Re: What'd you do over the weekend?
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2010, 05:28:21 PM »
You guys this sucks. I'm in the process of moving right now and of course that includes packing up my computer and unpacking at my grandmothers (which is where I'm going). Such a hassel, and I prolly won't have internet for a while because there is no cable at my grandmothers! I will cry if a new eps of berserk comes out this next week and I miss it.

Offline Truder

• Of the Nexus
  • "I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2010, 11:17:46 PM »
im going to my cousins house for the weekend, buts it's like 110 degrees where he lives, and a desert :puck:

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2010, 12:16:16 AM »
Tomorrow - clean the pad, give out my clothes to the laundromat for dry cleaning and wash (I need someone to show me how to use these goddarn wash machines ... I'm too scared to try it on my own and shrink everything!), catch up with movies, anime, manga.
Sunday - hit up Central Park *coughtocheckoutthebeautifulwomensunbathingcough*, practice some guitar shtuffz, catch up with anime, manga, the works, stay away from work emails.
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline BiQ--

• Of the Interstice
  • " ... "
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2010, 03:00:15 PM »
I went to the Ilosaarirock Festival and saw FAITH NO MORE do their possibly last-ever (hopefully not, though  :judo:) gig!

...was good one, too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQcYBAo6w0s
(I didn't have anything to do with this vid, but I was around the same spot where this was taken)

...especially as I was near the front lines, just around half a meter closer and I would have been part of Patton's stagedive!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re9NrdK_pZg

Offline Vampire_Hunter_Bob

• SK.net Sergeant at Arms
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2010, 05:39:37 PM »
Visited my girlfriend's folks up in Long Island and went to the NYC for half a day. Planning on going back up two more times [All of this made affordable by Megabus  :troll:]. Penn Station at 1 AM on a Friday night is an interesting place to be.  :isidro:

Offline Okin

• Of the Interstice
  • The Ultimate Battle Creature
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2010, 02:25:04 AM »
Back to my summer job at the sleep disorder center as a technician. I get swab the fatties clean and stick electrodes on their greasy folds before they go to sleep. If I'm lucky, I'll get to spend the whole night watching them choke under the weight of their own fat as they fail to breathe on their own. Fascinating work! :troll:
Sho has turned over to me, the responsibility to send you to hell...

Offline Scorpio

• Of the Interstice
  • Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2010, 09:09:46 AM »
Off to a good start- a chunk of the hydraulic brake system in my car failed. Thankfully it wasn't the whole thing or I would have gotten into an accident. Not sure how much it's going to cost to fix, but my guess is it may be time to find a new car...  16 years and 220,000+ miles is probably as good as I can ask from it.

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2010, 12:03:44 PM »
  16 years and 220,000+ miles is probably as good as I can ask from it.

Jesus, what kinda of car do you have?  My honda is at 160k and it's about to shit the bed.

Offline Scorpio

• Of the Interstice
  • Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2010, 10:00:19 PM »
It was a 93 Mercury Villager. My dad bought it new in 94 and it was given to me when I was about 14 with 164k miles on it. I've been driving it for about 8 years now.

Offline Proj2501

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2010, 11:07:51 PM »
Went to Queens to spend the weekend with my girlfriend. Tomorrow is her birthday and out of nowhere her dad asks me to cut down a fucking tree.

Who the hell did I get SO lucky?  :schierke:

Guess I get to say this to her tomorrow after I'm done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g12zXlt6ySY

Offline Gobolatula

• Smooth operator
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • praise be to grail!
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2010, 05:58:51 AM »
Went to work early this morning for a breakfast type thing they were having for all the employees. It was pretty sweet.

Then, today, me and the lady went to Japantown. I bought Japanese Berserk volumes 23, 24, and 25 at Kinokuniya.

I also ate spicy chicken curry. It was amazing.

Offline Gobolatula

• Smooth operator
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • praise be to grail!
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2010, 04:53:59 AM »
We went to a midnight screening of The Room this weekend. If anyone hasn't gone to a theater to see this yet, I highly suggest it. It is a great experience. The audience is a riot, spewing out a barrage of great one-liners. It makes the viewing of the film actually quite bearable and enjoyable.

Me waiting outside in line:

Me, Grail, and Greg Sesero (Mark)

Two Johnnies and a Grail. Oh and Mark.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 05:15:17 AM by Gobolatula »

Offline Dar Klink

• Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2010, 05:18:56 AM »
Oh hi Mark

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2010, 05:30:53 AM »
"I did not hit her. It's not true. It's bullshit! I did not hit her! EYE DID NAT! ... Oh, hi Mark."

That's awesome man! I saw the Rifftrax version of this a few weeks back and seriously hurt my back from laughing so hard.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Aphasia

• Of the Nexus
  • ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2010, 01:40:27 PM »
I'm not gonna lie, that photo makes me a little jealous.   :schierke:

You should frame it and stick on your wall.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2010, 02:20:31 PM »
I'm not gonna lie, that photo makes me a little jealous.   :schierke:

I, too, am jealous of whatshisname having gotten his picture taken with Gobs & Grail. Lucky bastard. :puck:

Offline TheBranded1

• The Terminator
  • Of the Vortex
  • I'll be back.
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2010, 03:49:08 AM »

I had a 5K race around 8m today for Women's Cancer event. I managed 13th place overall and 3rd on my age group. I took this when I got home since I forgot my camera.

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2010, 01:13:23 PM »
Woah, congrats! :ubik:
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline Truder

• Of the Nexus
  • "I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2010, 01:26:11 PM »
indeed, congratulations :serpico:

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2010, 03:41:29 AM »
Played a lot of Table Tennis this afternoon at Spin in Manhattan for about 3 hours. I'd recommend the place and the Appetizers + Bar out there were pretty good imo. Hung out at Best Buy with a pal who wanted to pick up a Cassette Player, which he didn't cos there was just 1 (a Sony Walkman), and I figure we'd see more at J&R. There's one close to work, so we'll check it out tomorrow. Wasn't impressed with their selection of Printer-Scanners, something I need to pick up. Re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-watched The Shining.

Offline jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
  • even the horses are cut in half!
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2010, 03:57:03 PM »
Well hello,

I'm going to ottawa tonight to see my favorite band Buried Inside play their last show ever! I'm so stoekd! (not that they break up but because it's gonna be a blast. Yeh. Anyone in the area that know them should come.

Edit: I'm also getting 3 new tattoo on sunday plus watching walking dead episode 3!! I just wanted to share my joy with you guys.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 04:12:03 PM by jackson_hurley »

Offline D-Scape

« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2010, 04:49:41 PM »
Going to write a looong and boring paper on American remakes of foreign movies.
After school my hair took me to the station... because it wanted a larger audience.

Offline jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
  • even the horses are cut in half!
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2010, 05:45:27 PM »
Going to write a looong and boring paper on American remakes of foreign movies.

sounds fun!  :carcus:

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2010, 06:36:04 PM »
This weekend was a little wild for me. My friend's girlfriend broke up with him, making him depressed, so I decided to take him out to get his mind of things. So for basically 3 days in a row we just went on a bar hopping spree and crashed at random peoples places, woke up late in the afternoon, played some video games and went out again. I called out of work sick yesterday and only went home this morning to get my work stuff for today. I'm in terribly bad shape, and we are going back out again tonight. The worst part is my buddy ran out of money fast and I ended running up the tabs, then we went to get tattoo's, him first then me, but because we are idiots and didn't ask how much it would be in advance, after he got his I couldn't afford mine. So i payed $100 for his tattoo and I got nothing.

Oh yea and a guy I work with recognized me the night I had called out and I'm pretty sure he told my boss. I forgot it was a vacation day too so I missed the holiday pay. I swear it's impossible to make decisions when drinking. I'm down like $500, most of which I'll never get paid back.

Offline Aphasia

• Of the Nexus
  • ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2010, 10:26:45 PM »
Oh yea and a guy I work with recognized me the night I had called out and I'm pretty sure he told my boss. I forgot it was a vacation day too so I missed the holiday pay. I swear it's impossible to make decisions when drinking. I'm down like $500, most of which I'll never get paid back.

Wow I wish you were my friend. ; ) Nice of you to take him chumming, that's the best medicine sometimes.