What'd you do over the weekend?

Oburi

All praise Grail
I had a pretty fine weekend myself. I saw Evil Dead in a theater. That's right the original EVIL DEAD! at this indie theater in the city for a one time only event. The show was at midnight and it was filled with real fans (real freaks also) and the theater was a real grindhouse tyle place were you could drink beer and everything. I never been to a theater like that before but it was so much fun. Everyone was laughing and cheering the whole time. When the owner came out at the begging and said that he was happy with the turnout, he mentioned that he would take requests for other films people want to see, to which I shouted "Evil Dead 2"! and everyone laughed and I felt good.

It was awesome. And now I'm going to be keeping an eye on that place so I can see more old school horror movies.

We did a wrestling production over last weekend. I got a clip that made my day. Its my brother; ring name "Hex." He literally eats the ring rope, and then the outside mat when knocked off the top. Not planned, couldn't recreate this if we tried. Reminds me of a anime-sort injury. This is from show 1 of the 8 we will be doing through out the year till December.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUhjgokuwdo

Although, that wasn't the of weekend. I took my new honey on a date the restaurant my mother works at. That was quite nice. But word was that the cooks in the back were all hung over from the night before, it was causing trouble in back. Ended up waiting an hour for food. :puck:

Me and the lady friend are getting along just fine. It seems she hasn't seen very many movies. We were stranded at her place for the evening due to flooding, we watched Steven Kings "Needful things." The flooding was pretty bad around her place. Its been raining 3 days straight.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, the highlight of my weekend was being treated to a delicious filet mignon dinner, with peppercorn cognac sauce, at Soleil French Bistro to celebrate my upcoming move. This is seriously good steak, the first time I had it, I was moaning... intimately. Yes, I'd describe it as orgasmic.

Oburi

All praise Grail
My weekend has been a mix of awesome and horrible. On the good side of things I met a girl and we really like each other so that has been fun. But on the down side I realized that I over drafted my account for $450 and I still have credit cards to pay off AND my license was suspended for traffic tickets. So I'm currently broke as a joke and I'll have to move back in with my parents :judo: I just hope they have cable in the basement so i can still surf sk.net!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Oburi said:
But on the down side I realized that I over drafted my account for $450 and I still have credit cards to pay off AND my license was suspended for traffic tickets. So I'm currently broke as a joke and I'll have to move back in with my parents :judo: I just hope they have cable in the basement so i can still surf sk.net!

God damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear that, Oburi. I hear you on the overdraft thing, I did that a few months ago myself and I also have a credit card or two to pay off.

My girlfriend and I went to my friend's wedding on Saturday where I ate way too much and drank way too little, if you know what I mean. The groom's friends brew their own beer and brought a keg of the delicious stuff with them. Aside from too little carbonation, it was really, really good. I ended up catching the garter, which is funny since the bride and I have been friends since grade school. On Sunday I caught up on all my TV programs that I DVR'd earlier in the week, had dinner with my parents and played some World of Warcraft before bed. All in all it was a pretty good weekend.

Sorry to hear about all the bad news Oburi, I'm sure losing your license sucks. I wouldn't know personally I don't have one...yet.

Well my weekend was alright. Saturday I headed into Toronto for my weekly Japanese language course, came home and spent time with my daughter. My husband worked all weekend so it was just the two of us. All afternoon she tortured me with Toy Story 2, over and over and over again. Sunday I cleaned, spent time with the family played a bit of Final Fantasy 13, and finished my homework. I also discovered my almost 3 year-old thinks Guts is "cute, and Griffith is "a pretty girl".

I think I'll go insane if I have to watch any more Toy Story...

Oburi

All praise Grail
Mire_Elf said:
Sorry to hear about all the bad news Oburi, I'm sure losing your license sucks. I wouldn't know personally I don't have one...yet.

I said it's suspended, not that I'm giving it up. :guts:

Worst comes to worst... i'll have a good prison story for yall :badbone:

I would avoid that if I were you. The one time I ended up in a holding area due to accidentally missing a court date, they threw me in a cell next to a crazy dude who kept screaming, banging on the doors and smearing his own feces everywhere. And that was one of the nicer seeming people there.

Also, the detention center I was at was on the outskirts of Colorado. I can't imagine a big city detention center.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I have to go inside jails all the time for my work. I wouldn't advise anyone spending time in them, for any reason, unless you're a bondsman and can profit from the experience.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Anniversary weekend, went to the Dodger game on Friday, all you can eat seats, very cool, and we came home with like six Dodger dogs. :ganishka:

Saturday a trip to San Diego, Little Italy, Seaside Village, and Gaslamp Quarter. Then a trip to Imperial Beach the next day, where we watched game 1 of Lakers/Jazz while drinking Negra Modelo and Fat Tires, then hung on the beach and the pier. Later in the evening it was back to home, where I spent Monday apartment hunting in the heat, definitely the nadir.

X

Xem

My past few weeks have been quite gratifying. Sending building supplies to Haiti, handing out food to the homeless of Atlanta, and packaging school books to be send all over Africa. =) Feels really great. This week I'm compiling clothing from everyone I know to contribute to the poverty-stricken in the city to bring with me to the garage we feed the homeless at.

Really trying to make a habit out of volunteering to help the homeless. Just patting them on the back and letting them know that I care really helps I think..

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
グリフィス said:
Need more information, everything more or less okay with you down there?
My city, Bellevue, actually got completely fucked, more than most areas. But we were fine. I live on the second floor of an apartment building, and our entire complex is on a slant anyway, so we got no flooding, except for a visible river in our "yard" behind us.

Yesterday I took part in my city's annual half marathon. I didn't do a good time but that wasn't my goal, my goal was to just complete it, an that I did.

I don't think I'll be doing it again any time soon, though.

X

Xem

New York City!

'Twas a fun trip, to say the least. Grand Central Terminal, Chinatown, Little Italy, Brooklyn, Harlem, Times Square, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Central Park, etc. Even then I feel as if I've just scratched the surface of what this amazing city has to offer.

We also got to see a broadway play featuring Christopher Walken and Sam Rockwell. A Behanding in Spokane. I can't even describe how fun that was. Definitely going back... even though I say that about everywhere I visit.

We have tons of pictures, I might upload a few if I'm still giddy later, and I give a shit too. <--- (look, NY attitude!)

Went hiking this weekend, actually, with my gf and her best friend/field-guide. The summit was about a mile up and looked like this:

27725_944366429990_4936988_55287049_2297156_n.jpg

We started at the lake.

It was alot of effort, took about hour-and-a-half to two-hours, taking breaks every now and then and making sure we were on the right path, but was TOTALLY and EPICALLY worth it.

turkitage

ターク
Deci said:
handing out food to the homeless of Atlanta

!!

So you live in Atlanta??? You handed out food in Atlanta to the homeless?? Funny thing is two weeks ago i volunteer to help feed the homeless in Atlanta too!! I was helping the West Cobb Church distribute food. It didn't feel as rewarding, but who cares? It was good to help out. Was debating of doing it this Thursday too. But they had a lot of people helping out so I feel I wasn't really needed. I'll probably find another cause that I can be more helpful to.

X

Xem

Turkitage said:
!!

So you live in Atlanta??? You handed out food in Atlanta to the homeless?? Funny thing is two weeks ago i volunteer to help feed the homeless in Atlanta too!! I was helping the West Cobb Church distribute food. It didn't feel as rewarding, but who cares? It was good to help out. Was debating of doing it this Thursday too. But they had a lot of people helping out so I feel I wasn't really needed. I'll probably find another cause that I can be more helpful to.

Yeah, we do it with Kashi. Basically we all load up into different cars and go into a warehouse where we hand out sack lunches. And yeah, last time we went their were a good amount of people... I think certain companies pay their employees to wear shirts advertising them while doing this service for promotion. Normally though, there's a small group of us.

Me and my girlfriend usually just stand near the front and touch and talk to the homeless, as opposed to feeding them directly. We might change that soon, but it's a nice feeling to actually touch these people, look them in the eye, and talk to them. I think most people would be surprised (sadly) by how much of a difference that makes. These people are ignored and shut out so much that simply acknowledging them is a huge help. Even the ones who are messed up... you can tell they expect to be ignored or judged badly, just holding their hand and letting them know that someone out there cares... you can really see that it means a lot to them.

Top Bottom