What'd you do over the weekend?

Oburi

All praise Grail
You guys this sucks. I'm in the process of moving right now and of course that includes packing up my computer and unpacking at my grandmothers (which is where I'm going). Such a hassel, and I prolly won't have internet for a while because there is no cable at my grandmothers! I will cry if a new eps of berserk comes out this next week and I miss it.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
im going to my cousins house for the weekend, buts it's like 110 degrees where he lives, and a desert :puck:

Tomorrow - clean the pad, give out my clothes to the laundromat for dry cleaning and wash (I need someone to show me how to use these goddarn wash machines ... I'm too scared to try it on my own and shrink everything!), catch up with movies, anime, manga.
Sunday - hit up Central Park *coughtocheckoutthebeautifulwomensunbathingcough*, practice some guitar shtuffz, catch up with anime, manga, the works, stay away from work emails.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Visited my girlfriend's folks up in Long Island and went to the NYC for half a day. Planning on going back up two more times [All of this made affordable by Megabus :troll:]. Penn Station at 1 AM on a Friday night is an interesting place to be. :isidro:

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Back to my summer job at the sleep disorder center as a technician. I get swab the fatties clean and stick electrodes on their greasy folds before they go to sleep. If I'm lucky, I'll get to spend the whole night watching them choke under the weight of their own fat as they fail to breathe on their own. Fascinating work! :troll:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Off to a good start- a chunk of the hydraulic brake system in my car failed. Thankfully it wasn't the whole thing or I would have gotten into an accident. Not sure how much it's going to cost to fix, but my guess is it may be time to find a new car... 16 years and 220,000+ miles is probably as good as I can ask from it.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Scorpio said:
16 years and 220,000+ miles is probably as good as I can ask from it.

Jesus, what kinda of car do you have? My honda is at 160k and it's about to shit the bed.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
It was a 93 Mercury Villager. My dad bought it new in 94 and it was given to me when I was about 14 with 164k miles on it. I've been driving it for about 8 years now.

Went to Queens to spend the weekend with my girlfriend. Tomorrow is her birthday and out of nowhere her dad asks me to cut down a fucking tree.

Who the hell did I get SO lucky? :schierke:

Guess I get to say this to her tomorrow after I'm done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g12zXlt6ySY

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Went to work early this morning for a breakfast type thing they were having for all the employees. It was pretty sweet.

Then, today, me and the lady went to Japantown. I bought Japanese Berserk volumes 23, 24, and 25 at Kinokuniya.

I also ate spicy chicken curry. It was amazing.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
We went to a midnight screening of The Room this weekend. If anyone hasn't gone to a theater to see this yet, I highly suggest it. It is a great experience. The audience is a riot, spewing out a barrage of great one-liners. It makes the viewing of the film actually quite bearable and enjoyable.

Me waiting outside in line:
room03.jpg

Me, Grail, and Greg Sesero (Mark)
room01.jpg

Two Johnnies and a Grail. Oh and Mark.
room02.jpg

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I had a 5K race around 8m today for Women's Cancer event. I managed 13th place overall and 3rd on my age group. I took this when I got home since I forgot my camera.

dscn1533r.jpg

Played a lot of Table Tennis this afternoon at Spin in Manhattan for about 3 hours. I'd recommend the place and the Appetizers + Bar out there were pretty good imo. Hung out at Best Buy with a pal who wanted to pick up a Cassette Player, which he didn't cos there was just 1 (a Sony Walkman), and I figure we'd see more at J&R. There's one close to work, so we'll check it out tomorrow. Wasn't impressed with their selection of Printer-Scanners, something I need to pick up. Re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-watched The Shining.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Well hello,

I'm going to ottawa tonight to see my favorite band Buried Inside play their last show ever! I'm so stoekd! (not that they break up but because it's gonna be a blast. Yeh. Anyone in the area that know them should come.

Edit: I'm also getting 3 new tattoo on sunday plus watching walking dead episode 3!! I just wanted to share my joy with you guys.

Oburi

All praise Grail
This weekend was a little wild for me. My friend's girlfriend broke up with him, making him depressed, so I decided to take him out to get his mind of things. So for basically 3 days in a row we just went on a bar hopping spree and crashed at random peoples places, woke up late in the afternoon, played some video games and went out again. I called out of work sick yesterday and only went home this morning to get my work stuff for today. I'm in terribly bad shape, and we are going back out again tonight. The worst part is my buddy ran out of money fast and I ended running up the tabs, then we went to get tattoo's, him first then me, but because we are idiots and didn't ask how much it would be in advance, after he got his I couldn't afford mine. So i payed $100 for his tattoo and I got nothing.

Oh yea and a guy I work with recognized me the night I had called out and I'm pretty sure he told my boss. I forgot it was a vacation day too so I missed the holiday pay. I swear it's impossible to make decisions when drinking. I'm down like $500, most of which I'll never get paid back.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Oburi said:
Oh yea and a guy I work with recognized me the night I had called out and I'm pretty sure he told my boss. I forgot it was a vacation day too so I missed the holiday pay. I swear it's impossible to make decisions when drinking. I'm down like $500, most of which I'll never get paid back.

Wow I wish you were my friend. ; ) Nice of you to take him chumming, that's the best medicine sometimes.

Top Bottom