What'd you do over the weekend?

turkitage

ターク
Walter said:
Did they have MK tournaments at EVO this year?

Ya, should be: SSFIV, MVC3, MK9, BlazBlue CS, Tekken 6. They got two streams setup to cast a good bit of the games. Teamspooky (if you follow the scene) is on stream 1. And Stream 2 they already did the MK pools but will have the finals tomorrow.

I'll find the link somewhere with the game list but pretty sure that is right.

I was at Otakon this past weekend and it was pretty OK, as usual. Except for missing out on the Rave the first night, I checked out pretty much everything else that I wanted to. I'll post pictures later after I've uploaded them and get some time to breathe. My train left Baltimore at 4 am this morning, got to NYC Penn at 7ish, ran home, took a shower, ran back to work - no sleep (boo hoo).

Oburi

All praise Grail
I saw stand up comedian Brian Reagan last night, who was absolutely killed. He was already one of my favorite comedians but to see him live was so great. And his humor is all clean too so I was able to bring me parents along and enjoy it as a family daww. Seriously though, I had hysterics.

Needless to say, I bought tickets for Louie C. K. next week.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
My girlfriend and I drove to The Gorge Amphitheater in Quincy, WA to see Soundgarden play. It was a really great concert and was preceded by some pretty decent bands: Meat Puppets, Mastodon and Queens of the Stone Age. Queens was pretty damn good, but Soundgarden stole the show, as they were meant to. Chris Cornell sounded great and Kim Thayil played some mean guitar. It was a lot of fun and well worth the drive.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Oburi said:
Nice Rhombaad! I fuckin love Queens, always wanted to see them live.

I'd only heard some of their singles on the radio and wasn't that impressed, but the songs they played live were excellent. It was a great show. I hope they come to your neck of the woods soon, too.

Was at work yesterday and I'm headed to the office in a bit >_<' ... Gotta finish up on a lot of things before I go on leave from Tuesday for the rest of the week. Going to Tennessee (Smokey Mountains) for 2 days and then headed to Atlanta till Sunday. Not sure what the itinerary's gonna be like since my cousin's hubby's planning what to do and such. If anyone SK.neters are in Knoxville or Atlanta, let's meet!

turkitage

ターク
I met someone off the internet for the first time this weekend (IncantatioN) and I didn't get killed. I consider that a success! :serpico:

Had a blast meeting up with Turkitage! Discussing Berserk in person was so much fun! I fly outta Atlanta this afternoon and there goes my short vacation :'(. I took a lot of pictures at the Smokey Mountains, Coca Cola Museum, Aquarium in Atlanta and Stone Mountain Park (if that's what it's called).

X

Xem

Out of curiosity, why'd you visit Atlanta? I don't feel like there's anything here personally.

Though I would've suggested visiting Little Five Points and eating at the Vortex while you were here, that's usually where I head to when I go into the city.

Thanks for the recommendation, however it's a little too late hehe cos I'm already back in NYC and at work >_<' (clearing over 600 emails). I flew out yesterday afternoon from ATL.

I was only going to do Tennessee for 2 days (Tues-Thurs) but my cousin drove down from Toronto (CA) and since Atlanta is just 4 hours away from TN, they looped that in and booked 2 rooms in Atlanta. Gave me the chance to take a bit of an extended break, my first in 2 and a half years. For me it was just an excuse to be away from the office. I had fun at the Coca Cola museum, their 4D show was cool. Plus I bumped into Chase Crawford (from Gossip Girl) in my hotel's lobby which was also cool haha, wait, definitely super cool to meet up with Turkitage as well. I've gotta do it again.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Got hit by the hurricane on the eastcoast and living without power for the next few days. It's weird, I've never went without power for more than a day. No street lights, having it be pitch black at night ... it sucks. Didn't realize how boring my life was without electricity.

turkitage

ターク
Oburi said:
Got hit by the hurricane on the eastcoast and living without power for the next few days. It's weird, I've never went without power for more than a day. No street lights, having it be pitch black at night ... it sucks. Didn't realize how boring my life was without electricity.

Eeek, sucks. At least it was just power and nothing worse, right? and at least you got your Berserk manga too!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Oburi said:

It is an extremely weird feeling not having power for several days. I remember a few years ago, we had a really bad winter here in the Pacific Northwest, and I was without power for a week. I couldn't even leave my apartment by car, because there were power lines down all over the place. Thank God there was a grocery store within walking distance.

Hang in there, man! Glad you made it through the worst of it.

Sammoniac

You taffers!
At the beginning of the year I was without power for 3 days, and it was great. I read volume 2 and 3 by candlelight before going to bed. The atmosphere was really enhanced and the battle against the Snail Baron was particularly spooky. Before sleeping, I'd blow my candles out like in the medieval times. Great memories :serpico:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I went to see White Hills and Sleepy Sun, and the weekend before that Dirty Diamond and Age of Aquarious, and the weekend before that The Beach Boys.

This weekend I ran off to Syracuse to hang out with a couple I've known through the interwebs since 04. Picking apples, apple wine tasting, grilling pork ribs, watched Thor n Bridesmaids, discussing manga (Berserk, Vagabond, One Piece, introducing them to JoJo), chilled outside in the sun when the temp was around 40something F was pretty much what I ended up doing. It was a quick getaway from the city's hustle-n-bustle for my birthday, bad cellular reception was in my favor.

Last weekend was fun - took the train to get to Philly straight after work on Friday and met up with 2 pals from Wisconsin. Stayed the night at a hotel and did a bit of Phillyness on Saturday before hopping on a Greyhound late at night. We hit up the Mutter museum, Pat's philly cheesesteaks, Geno's philly cheesesteaks, Jim's philly cheesesteaks and about 4 different record stores. Picked up some cds/ vinyl for my friends and just a few cds for meself.

This coming weekend, I think Malignancy's playing at St. Vitus which's a really cool venue in Brooklyn, so I might go for it unless I chicken out from massive shyness. I missed out on a Disma, Drawn & Quartered, Mortal Decay show on Saturday ... ugh x_x'

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Spent this week and weekend in a hospital for heart arrythmia. My mom has been here with me. Had a heart ablation surgery done yesterday to correct the problem but it didn't work as intended. So now i'm chilling waiting on a response from my electrocardiologist. Think we are gonna try lots of meds instead. Here's for being high all the time! Haha.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Aphasia said:
Spent this week and weekend in a hospital for heart arrythmia. My mom has been here with me. Had a heart ablation surgery done yesterday to correct the problem but it didn't work as intended. So now i'm chilling waiting on a response from my electrocardiologist. Think we are gonna try lots of meds instead. Here's for being high all the time! Haha.

I hope it's nothing serious Aphasia. :casca:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aphasia said:

Damn Aphasia. Hope you recover ok dude.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:

Heart ablation doesn't sound like the kind of thing I'd like to go through. Keep your chin up man, I'm sure they'll be able to patch you up one way or another.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Aphasia said:
Have a fast recovery and with hopes the meds will stop the problem.

Aphasia said:
Shoot, hope what the docs suggest works well. Good luck!

Top Bottom