What'd you do over the weekend?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
In the process of moving (not far, but a bigger place). That in combination with the chaos in Maryland as a result of the storm+power outages+heat wave made things just completely insane. Like I told a cop I happened to encounter, this was a small taste of the end of the world, and he nodded and laughed.

Won't have dedicated Internet at the new place for a few days so I won't be around here much. But hey, no Berserk this Friday anyway. Keep the lights running, guys! :guts:

Holy crap you moved to Annapolis? I was just there on the 4th. :schnoz:

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Looks like a ton of fun! The fairs around these parts have really gone down hill since I was young (or maybe I just held things in more wonder as a child). Seeing those pictures makes me miss the good ole days

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Delta Phi Zeta said:
Looks like a ton of fun! The fairs around these parts have really gone down hill since I was young (or maybe I just held things in more wonder as a child). Seeing those pictures makes me miss the good ole days
Tell me about it! This was my first official county fair, but I used to go to the Santa Cruz boardwalk all the time as a kid, which was very similar. I think part of the magic was having no concept of money at the time. :judo: You wouldn't realize it just by looking, but these county fairs are kinda expensive.

Cool pictures Gobs n Grail (saw them yesterday), that one difficult to take picture - on the ride - looked pretty cool. Any of you scared of heights? I've always wanted to check that sort of ride out but I'm scared it would last tooo long resulting in dizziness (and I'm scared of heights to top it).

Turkitage said:
I was slightly disappointed I didn't see a picture with crusty lookin people.
Seconded :p

Caturday - unboxed 2 statues, cleaned up the apartment a bit, went frame-shopping, watched a few movies at home. Headed out to watch 2001: A Space Odyssey in the theater yesterday and biked in the morning.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
IncantatioN said:
Cool pictures Gobs n Grail (saw them yesterday), that one difficult to take picture - on the ride - looked pretty cool. Any of you scared of heights? I've always wanted to check that sort of ride out but I'm scared it would last tooo long resulting in dizziness (and I'm scared of heights to top it).
I've actually got a big problem with heights. To be honest, I tried the spinning swing ride mostly because Gobs wanted to do it. I can tell you that it was really uncomfortable at first, but after the first few minutes (when I realized that I wasn't going to go hurtling into a hot dog stand) it was kinda relaxing. Doesn't mean you'll catch me getting in line for the ferris wheel, though! :ganishka:

Those high Ferris Wheel's scare the shit outta me. So weekend was a mix bag -

Caturday - came in to work with a fever.
Sunday - hit up Splish Splash, my first time in a water themed park. Apart from 1 scary ride, I was dragged to all the others and was scared on something called Alien Invasion and Dragon something. My favorite rides were the Lazy River (I chilled on this twice because you're just randomly drifting very slowly) and the Wave Pool.

I still have a fever, yaay!

Oburi

All praise Grail
My weekend started on Thursday when I went to Warped tour during the day then left early to get in line for the midnight show of The Dark Knight Rises, which was made even cooler when I ran into a whole bunch of people that I knew. It was what I would call a perfect day.

turkitage

ターク
I went to some Wii U Experience thing in Atlanta. Friend had an invite only pass an a couple guess passes so I went with him. Wii U wasn't too bad and I can definitely see the system as, yet again, another party system. We played all the games they had there, some were cool concepts like Rayman where one person controls rayman and the other controls some.. um bug/fairy thing (I've never played a Rayman before). It was like a sonic/tails feel where I had a regular d-pad running through levels while my friend had that Wii controller and he would be looking at that screen to do specific things to help me advance - kinda cool. Some games were more forced and it seemed you spent way too much time flipping back and forth between the TV screen and the Wii screen like batman arkham City. Like in that game you had to constantly go to your Wii screen, hit a bunch of buttons for "bat gadgets" to solve puzzles. It seemed too forced and just boring, oh well. So just like the original Wii, light and fun games work real well with this system.

Oh and, here is a pic of me as Mario!

384629_466817970003322_1600253709_n.jpg

That's a cool Mario! My weekend involved putting some frames up on the wall, moving some frames around, relaxing, stressing out about work, eating a fair bit of Middle-Eastern food (Spizy Ezme, Lamb Shank with rice, Chicken Adana, Lebni).

Oburi

All praise Grail
Last weekend I saw the Summerland concert featuring all those 90's bands that had a few hits here and there. I saw Marcy's Playground (Sex & Candy), Lit, Sugar Ray, Everclear and the only band i really cared about, the Gin Blossoms, who were phenomenal. It was a good time too since the tickets were free, although I spent $80 on beer so I didn't really make out that well.

Update - Just got back from seeing Bill Maher :guts: Phenomenal show. Just what I needed to hold me over until his show is back on the air. I was very close and center too. The lights on the stage made the few pictures I took so blurry that they are pretty useless though.

Recently this weekend I've been painting and redecorating my bedroom, the floor has already been set up and now all that's left is to begin getting the furniture. A plan I have been meaning to do for a while and never go round to doing it, now thankfully it's coming along nicely.

Woke up late on Saturday and headed off to Brooklyn. Hit up The Guru Burger and had an Ostrich Burger. Headed over to the Brooklyn Brewery with my pal from Wisconsin and had 2 beers. The night before I had 3 beers, so within 24 hours I'd had 5 beers, a first for a non-beer drinker me. I guess this's what peer-pressure's all about! Had to check in at work for 2 hours. Headed to Manhattan Upright Citizens Brigade Theater for an improv comedy show, ran off to Lincoln Center to try and watch TDKR. Got there an hour early and it was sold out, so we watched the new Bourne movie. Close to 2 AM we hit up a Halal Cart guy for some dinner. Sunday was a bit less chaotic - grabbed lunch, checked out the Bodies Exhibition, strolled around the South Street Seaport and the boardwalk all the way up to the tip of Manhattan. Cabbed it over to Katz' Deli for arguably the best Pastrami sammich in NYC. Ran over to the Empire State for sunset but the line was massive, ditched that. Headed home and watched Rambo 4 (he'd not seen it) and Alien vs Predator Requiem (I hadn't seen it).

Oburi

All praise Grail
Damn 5 beers in 24 hours! You crazy man slow down before you overdose! I bet you do crossword puzzles in pen too huh?

Yep, it's fun doing it on paper with a pen because correcting it can be a pain n you make a mess of it heh. I still don't like beer for it's beer~y taste. The ones I drank were flavored to mask the taste of beer. Every sip = face twitch!

Oburi

All praise Grail
I went to something called the All Stars Tour. Huge lineup including Unearth, Suicide Silence and a shit load more. I went there mainly for I See Stars, The Word Alive, and A Skylit Drive (for which the lead singer signed my poster). So much fun. I was up front row the whole time. Feeling it today though boy. I'm hoping to see Silverstein this friday as well and Chiodos on Sunday.

Congrats dude!

I went up to Syracuse to hang out with two pals and relax. Only downer is the 6 hour train ride each way, I think I could travel quicker by car/ motorcycle.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Johnstantine said:
Found out my wife and I are expecting our second child!
Wow, congrats to both of you! :guts:

IncantatioN said:
I went up to Syracuse to hang out with two pals and relax. Only downer is the 6 hour train ride each way, I think I could travel quicker by car/ motorcycle.
Trains can be a real pain (I used them to commute for years), but the one benefit is that you can read and not worry about traffic when you're on one.

Yeah, you're right. This time I marathon'd rerererererewatching The Vision Of Escaflowne and finished it on my way back. I adore the series. But yeah, I could take off 4 hours off my total travel time and blast music if I'm driving there ;) ... pro's and con's, decisions decisions!

Top Bottom