What'd you do over the weekend?

E44DVfx.jpg

Knicks vs Grizzlies at MSG this afternoon was a lot of fun, even though the Knicks lost, but it was a well deserved loss. The Grizzlies attacked pretty well and pulled away with a 19 point lead in the 4th but the Knicks swung back ... a bit too late, couldn't close it in the end. They didn't convert their free throws as much as the Grizzlies did. Crowd erupted every time someone from the Knicks dunked the ball or a 3 went in.

WxIsR38.jpg

Around half time a bloke decided to ask his girl to marry him, she said yes.

Had Monday off this past week, so I hit up Syracuse last weekend. It was going to snow which was major plus cos I've always wanted to shovel. Luckily they got 4/5 inches. It's always interesting when I go to the super Walmart up there, everything's dirt cheap. Watched some new TV shows that I couldn't get into (Once Upon A Time, Haven). Got my friends to check out Louie, Sherlock and somehow we got watching Deathstalker, can't believe it's on Netflix haha (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNB9PdNmWrc). It's pretty bad which makes it so good.

dFMvELN.jpg

Was tempted to pick this up

tCX93Lb.jpg

Rough week at work with long hours, slept through most of today and gonna hit up Artificial Brain's show tonight.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
It's a little past the weekend, but some of you may be wondering, "hey, did all of those weirdos end up meeting up on the east coast or what?!" The answer is yes!

Thanks to Incantation and Vampire Hunter Bob for travelling a pretty ridiculous amount of time in order to meet up with us on our trip to South Jersey. Our topics of discussion included the new episode, what will happen once they get off the boat, and when the hell everyone is going to catch up with Vagabond. Beers were had, dating advice was given, and the nice lady at the bar took way too many pictures of us because we're all just that vain.

Anyway, I think Gobs and I will have to plan a little farther ahead next time we come out so more folks can join the party! :guts:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Looks like a fun time guys! Glad you got to hang out with more SKers.

I was at Fanime again this weekend. Had a pretty fun time. The highlights as far as Berserk goes was probably the Griffith/Guts cosplay duo I saw that were both pretty good, a Griffith in the Artist Alley who went through the trouble of getting all her armor gear back on for a picture, a Guts cosplayer at the JoJo meetup that I had a good discussion with, and a guy from Cel-Depot.com that I chatted with for quite a while about Berserk, Hunter x Hunter, and Vagabond. He actually knew of this site and he knows DirectDK. Other than that it was a pretty good time just hanging with friends. Missed Gobs and Grail this year but I'm glad they got to meet up with some other folks.

Was pretty awesome hanging out with Bob, Grail and Mr. Skull Knight. You guys went totally outta your way to drop me to the train station too, thank you so much. Apologies I couldn't stay longer! There was so much to discuss be it theories about Berserk or topics being discussed on the board or general things, which reminds me I forgot to take a note of that powdery thingie Grail/Bob specifically asked for, tasted good on my omelette ^_^. I'd be down to do it all over again.

SKers meeting up in meatspace. Whatever next!?

Grail kinda looks how I imagined her. Not that I have been imagining anything. :rakshas: And the guy to her right reminds me of that one dude from The Hangover.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Was over at phoenix comic con. Managed to get in for free by helping an exhibitor set up. Was at the Stan Lee and Danny glover panel . A friend wanted to do the maid cafe which isn't really my thing , took pictures with cosplayers as well.

image_zps215946cb.jpg

image_zps1d2cf8a9.jpg

image_zpsa00ace43.jpg

image_zps6c194050.jpg

image_zps5176b492.jpg

image_zpsd36ae133.jpg

image_zps1690f209.jpg

image_zpsf19ed79d.jpg

image_zps81876d89.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
It looks like you had fun at that comic con, Branded! That Joker and that Assassin's Creed(?) cosplay are my favorite. :carcus:

Gobs and I were at a pretty interesting wedding this weekend. The brides, who are friends of mine, happen to be ball-jointed doll enthusiasts, and made it a theme for their wedding. They (and all of their friends) set up all of their doll collections at the back of the reception hall, seemingly to judge me as I ate potato salad and rainbow cake. :sad:

Here are a few shots:

WP_20140622_001_zpsbc73b423.jpg

The doll table, early on in the day. It got pretty crowded later.

WP_20140622_016_zpsb6b60888.jpg

I really liked these. Pretty cute little guys!

WP_20140622_018_zpsa9bfc094.jpg

This one gave me the heeby-jeebies.

Overall, it was fun to get an up-close look at a subculture that I normally have no exposure to. The couple seem really into it, but also very into each other, which is the most important thing, isn't it? :casca:

That said, the outdoor ceremony was (very unceremoniously) delayed by about an hour and a half. Gobs and I are now spectacularly crisped. :judo:

WP_20140622_032_zps9a2502bb.jpg

The things I do for true love.

Last week, Thursday night I woke up to news of my father's sudden passing. Caught the earliest-quickest flight Friday morning and got home Saturday evening. I missed the funeral, there was nothing I could have done and I'm going to have to live with many other regrets of my own. A lot of firsts. Still in shock over what's happened, it's like a bad nightmare. Today marked the 10th day and met family over a prayer procession this morning. Gonna apply for the renewal of my visa at the Consulate here and hope to be able to take a flight back in 3 weeks.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
Last week, Thursday night I woke up to news of my father's sudden passing. Caught the earliest-quickest flight Friday morning and got home Saturday evening. I missed the funeral, there was nothing I could have done and I'm going to have to live with many other regrets of my own. A lot of firsts. Still in shock over what's happened, it's like a bad nightmare. Today marked the 10th day and met family over a prayer procession this morning. Gonna apply for the renewal of my visa at the Consulate here and hope to be able to take a flight back in 3 weeks.

Damn man, sorry to hear that. All my condolences to you and your family. :sad:

IncantatioN said:

I'm so sorry to hear that, my friend. :sad: If you need anyone to talk to we're here for you.

puella

Berserk forever
IncantatioN said:

My sincere condolences, our thoughts are with you. :sad:

Top Bottom