What'd you do over the weekend?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
He was (from what I saw) a nice guy who made a terribly unprofessional joke about a manga he knows next to nothing about.

Well, he knows enough about it to make a tasteless, ignorant joke at the author's expense. That's enough for a rebuttal, but of course not during the panel — that's reserved for insane people. I meant afterward, since you bothered to hunt him down. Anyway, my sad face was because I thought that's where the story was heading, and didn't get to see my mental fantasy fulfilled.

The weekend was spent at home, nursing a bad cold and slight fever. Couldn't breathe very well and there wasn't much to watch so I took down a few boxes where I'd kept 6ish years worth of bills, statements, etc. and scanned them all before shredding most of it. Here's the aftermath -

Hu7Ml4d.jpg

I guess some good can come out of being ill and home for two days.

IncantatioN said:
I guess some good can come out of being ill and home for two days.

Dang, you were more productive than I would have been at home sick! I can relate to the built up paperwork unfortunately. :judo: I have several bags full, got a bad habit of letting it pile up on me. I'm really working on being more consistent with getting it filed/shredded/tossed, though. Hope you kicked your cold while you were at it!

Yesterday I went to a Gurudwara (place of worship for Sikhs) for the first time, invited by my oldest friends for their newborn son. The Paath & Kirtan ceremony was followed by food which's called Langar. Langar's food prepared and served by the Sikhs at the Gurudwara on Sundays or the weekend, free for anyone who walks into a Gurudwara. The ceremony was interesting to watch and the food was great.

Today I visited the Intrepid Museum and I regret not having spent more time exploring. I might go back in September since the basic package is just $21. Walked on the flight deck, checked out some planes and choppers, hummed the Top Gun theme when I saw a Super Tomcat, thoroughly enjoyed checking out at the Enterprise, the Hubble replica, Soyuz and other space stuff there, walked inside the ship a little and ended the experience with a tour inside the submarine Growler which was used during the cold war. For that kind of money, it's completely worth the experience. And every year they have a screening of Top Gun on the flight deck! I missed it by 1 day this year, was so bummed.

AHG1QCu.jpg

pQ50JZK.jpg

YWj9x9T.jpg

0MQiReZ.jpg

Space drill vs regular drill
SZJLUst.jpg

Inside the Soyuz
BSlkGd4.jpg

Beautiful Concorde
Fh5SVf1.jpg

How was your weekend guys?

Took Friday off and hopped on a train to meet two old pals, they originally introduced me to Berserk (via the anime) years ago. I try to visit them once a year. Friday we hit up the popular ice cream/ shake spot, a Super Walmart (cos why not! ... thought I'd check it out for some camping gear for a camping trip end of the month) and ate some local food specialties. Every time I visit, I try to introduce the couple to different flavors, this time I got them Longanisa (sweet Filipino) sausages since the guy's into these hot-dogs called Snappy's. So far so good.

Saturday night we went to a restaurant and while walking to the table we were assigned, I didn't realize the floor was wet, slipped and my brow hit a bar stool and was knocked out for a few seconds. It was one of those sudden slips you don't anticipate or try to make a save for as you're slipping. Felt nausea and dizzy so I went to the hospital and the CT/ MR scan turned out okay. My eye's fine, can't open it yet but it's easing up. Google tells me 10/15 days till full recovery.

Wob41Z2.jpg

I wish there was a cooler story for my first black eye. It's a little more purple and swollen right now compared to the pic and kinda cool cos I feel like Guts :guts:. I rode the subway wearing my sunglasses this morning - so that's one dumb thing checked off my to-do bucket list.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
I wish there was a cooler story for my first black eye. It's a little more purple and swollen right now compared to the pic and kinda cool cos I feel like Guts :guts:.

Goes well with your hipster 'stache.

puella

Berserk forever
IncantatioN said:
Saturday night we went to a restaurant and while walking to the table we were assigned, I didn't realize the floor was wet, slipped and my brow hit a bar stool and was knocked out for a few seconds.

I had a similar experience long ago, slipped on a wet floor and got hurt pretty bad. I hope you get better soon!
I do appreciate your Guts-like spirit. :guts:
10 grams of Elf Powder have been prescribed for you! :puck:

Ouch! Glad you're ok, except for that shiner. If anybody says anything about how you look, just say "You should see the other guy!" :azan:

On the weekends, I'm trying to finish building my workshop. It's 1600 sqft with a 14 ft tall ceiling. Only things left to do is the electrical work, interior walls, and purchase the machines and tools I need to start my side business and hobbies. Hopefully it will be done before the end of the year.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
TheBranded1 said:
Was at an anime con last weekend and met David Hayter

Whoa, sweet! I like how delicately he put his hand around your shoulder. A real gentleman. :casca:

Veltech said:
On the weekends, I'm trying to finish building my workshop. It's 1600 sqft with a 14 ft tall ceiling. Only things left to do is the electrical work, interior walls, and purchase the machines and tools I need to start my side business and hobbies. Hopefully it will be done before the end of the year.

Nlcu2_zpsb0xcxgft.gif

Grail

Feel the funk blast
TheBranded1 said:
I was at an anime con over the weekend. Was fun and just big enough not to be elbow to elbow at panels or walking around .

Looks like you had a lot of fun, Branded! It sounds like it wasn't too crowded, which must've been nice. When Link, Gobs and I go to Fanime every year it seems to get harder and harder to move around. I love that guy cosplaying as Takeo, by the way! :casca:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
I just spent four days stuck in my apartment. I don't need to ask Walter if he was snowed in because I can just assume it's as bad if not worse than my area.

TheBranded1 said:
I was at an anime con over the weekend. Was fun and just big enough not to be elbow to elbow at panels or walking around.

Damn! Branded, how hard was it getting around with all those HAWT babes flocking over to you for pics because of your dashing good looks and killer guns?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I just spent four days stuck in my apartment. I don't need to ask Walter if he was snowed in because I can just assume it's as bad if not worse than my area.

We got 31". At least we didn't lose power!

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
We got 31". At least we didn't lose power!

Come spend a winter in Montreal, you'll see that it's not that bad. :slan:

But hey for a change we actually don't have a lot of snow right now. It actually melting a lot today.

As for the weekend, I played some music with my friend and my girlfriend. We taped a live session to prepare ourself a little bit for the real recording.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I expecting it to happen. I guess BGE has gotten better with prestorm preparation.

Funny cause I read an article on my weather news cast that we are in "deficit" for snow right now and to be honest I pretty glad about that even though I'm used to have snow.

If we compare this winter vs last year, we have a really nice break of the shitty weather.

Yippie for El Nino!

By the way, where is that mega snow storm?

Was bummed I missed the storm and didn't get to each Halo Halo made outta fresh-untouched-snow.

Flew into NY early this morning and spent 14 hours on Sunday flying across various countries. If only I could make pit stops and visit folks from SK *sigh*

Yozuru

"I say when it ends!" - Lucina
I work at home so I make it a point to NEVER work on weekends. Usually my weekends consist of sleeping in, drinking wine, and watching/playing games with my boyfriend who also lives with me. It sounds really boring but I don't like to go out unless I need to meet with clients or buy things I need. :farnese:

But this weekend, I had a good friend stay over and it was really fun. We played some DND, ate out, and just had a grand time talking.

Top Bottom