Gears of War 3

-Firstly, I didn't like how the ashes of the people (when ran through) exploded in chunks. I would've expected more of a powdery 'poof'. Oh well.

-I'm not a fan of Marcus with no sleeves. Hopefully they scrap the design, he looks out of place.

-Chick COG. I guess it was inevitable. Welcomed though in my opinion. Now we can have a softer, more caring side to the chainsaw gun wielding band of badasses.

-This new Slinky Alien Lambent...eh. Like Aaz said, nothing special. 3 way battle. WHOA! How about they reveal what the Locust are before introducing more shit. Watch these things be the TRUE Locusts or something equally lame.
*Apparently they change shape as they fight you.*

Hopefully the campaign is a little longer than last time, the plot is tighter, questions are answered and the multiplayer is what it should be.
We'll see what's what in April 2011.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
How about they reveal what the Locust are before introducing more shit.

Genetically modified humans who were experimented on in secret by the government to produce super soldiers!

Aazealh said:
Genetically modified humans who were experimented on in secret by the government to produce super soldiers!

Shockingly original! :isidro:

Also, the finale in the Gears 2 was a major letdown. Let's actually have a challenge for an ending boss. Not, "Use the satellite!" :mozgus:

Confirmed by the guys at Epic on their forums:

-The Chick is Anya
-The bearded fellow is Dom
-New weapons (naturally)
-It's a 3 way battle between the Cogs, Locusts, and Lambents
-The scenario is being written by the chick who wrote the Gears of War novels
-4...player...co-op....!!!!!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
Confirmed by the guys at Epic on their forums:

-The Chick is Anya
-The bearded fellow is Dom
-New weapons (naturally)
-It's a 3 way battle between the Cogs, Locusts, and Lambents

Thanks for the info, though I don't think those 4 points really needed confirmation. I hope they don't lay it on too thickly between Marcus and Anya anyway. It wasn't too brilliant in GeoW 2.

dwarfkicker said:
-4...player...co-op....!!!!!

Awesome. This should be fun. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"At some point in the campaign, you're not going to be Marcus and Dom. You're going to be another squad, and you're going to experience their section, and you'll see some overlap and they'll merge Pulp Fiction style, which is one of the ways were playing with the stories this time," he said.

Sounds interesting. I always felt it was under-exploited in Gears 1 & 2.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
I just hope the split-screen/Xbox live player limit issues are fixed. I hate how you can play co-op campaign on one 360, but if you want to play online, it's one person per console!

Top Bottom