Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392959

Castlevania ... HD, with characters from the various portable games. Sounds like it could be legendary.

Nnnn... I really want to like this. Those screenshots... may be HD, but the graphics themselves look roughly 16-bit. 6-player? How would that even work? I'm... hesitantly going to dread this. I really, really hope they pull it off though and it becomes epic.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Ayami Kojima's artwork is always great. But I wonder if IGA wants to release for another sixteen years games that are a bad blending of previous Castlevania. Even in the sprites section nothing new.Though the point of six playable characters could be debated, personally I am very disappointed with this "NEW" Castelvania. :sad:

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Aazealh said:
The game is coming out on August 4th. I doubt I'll buy it.

Aside from that, this picture reminds me of SK's beherit sword.

Yes, I really wonder how many copies this game is going to sell, but for sure I won't buy it.

Anyway I'd argue that here we have a giant beherit shuriken! :ganishka:

No idea what they're trying to do with this. The multilayer part I get, but if you can just zoom out to see the whole map, then what's the point of exploring it for yourself? And those graphics - are they bad on purpose? I dunno. I've been waiting for a proper HD 2d Castlevania for awhile, outside of the DS stuff, but... but this sure as hell is not it. I'm disapointed.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
For clarity's sake the HD in the title does not refer to the resolution quality or anything of that nature. It's just for Harmony of Despair. Misleading to say the least.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tanooki Jones said:
For clarity's sake the HD in the title does not refer to the resolution quality or anything of that nature. It's just for Harmony of Despair. Misleading to say the least.

Have you tried the game? If so, what are your thoughts? I don't feel compelled to get it...

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
I have tried it and I enjoy it for what it is. I'm not exactly a Castlevania expert or anything. My only real exposer was on the NES with the original and a very brief stint with Symphony of the Night so all of this stuff is really new and fresh to me. However, it's mostly a mindless grindfest. Expect no story and no true level system. Stats are based on equipment drops, which don't seem to drop very often at all. It's a lot of repeating levels over and over again hoping you get something new.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah that's exactly what I was afraid of, the endless grinding aspect. I think I'll pass. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom