Casca Hawk Soldiers

I'm in a very good mood today b/c I found a rare gem on yahoo. Anyways it was the Casca Hawk Soldiers figure and the guy was asking for $600 HKD ($1 USD = $7.81~ HKD at current exchange rates) and I even managed to get a discount down to $550 HKD so it was about ~$70 USD which I'm 100% certain was a steal. When I picked up the statue I had told the store owner that I paid 800 Euros recently for the Guts 20th anniversary and he was surprised the figures went for so much overseas and outside of Hong Kong. He told me he had regretted charging so little for this figure :iva: He says he has more Berserk figures if I'm interested but may have to up the price a bit haha. Anyways pictures will be uploaded this weekend when I try to make room in the shelf to display it. Any feedback would be awesome regarding whether it was a steal, whether I paid too much or too little although I'm sure this was a bargain. It was brand new never displayed (the guy owned a shop so I trust him + I inspected the figure beforehand) and only the box was a bit old. Pictures to be upped in a few days. I'll update the thread name when pics have been uploaded.
cheers

p.s and please don't go telling me about no crack rock edition this time :mozgus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Older statues didn't cost nearly as much as the recent AOW productions (for info, that Casca's retail price is listed as 9,800 円 on AOW's website). You got it at a good price, but it wasn't INSANELY CHEAP THE DEAL OF THE MILLENNIA either. I've seen it going for similar prices or sometimes even cheaper on Yahoo! Japan auctions in the past.

Aazealh said:
Older statues didn't cost nearly as much as the recent AOW productions (for info, that Casca's retail price is listed as 9,800 円 on AOW's website). You got it at a good price, but it wasn't INSANELY CHEAP THE DEAL OF THE MILLENNIA either. I've seen it going for similar prices or sometimes even cheaper on Yahoo! Japan auctions in the past.

I don't know how you guys from the U.S order from Japan but even in Hong Kong normally we would have to go to those companies to bid on our behalf as most YAJ do not offer ship overseas so we have to pay shipping + the fee for using the service so it usually ends up more anyway. With the Japanese yen going up so much lately I think this price is acceptable. I would think the older statues cost more? Like the guts on the horse for some reason costs a lot as is the Skull Knight but maybe those are exceptions.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
berserk777 said:
With the Japanese yen going up so much lately I think this price is acceptable.

I told you it was a good price.

berserk777 said:
I would think the older statues cost more?

Depends which. For the most part they don't.

berserk777 said:
Like the guts on the horse for some reason costs a lot as is the Skull Knight but maybe those are exceptions.

Yes, the old Guts on Horse is an exception. And the older Skull Knight statues aren't as expensive as the recent "horse-riding" one.

Nice dude.

Yeah the statues were alot cheaper once upon a time. The production runs were also MUCH higher on the first 5 non-horseback riding statues. I think the serial number on one of my standing Skullknights is in the 1400s.

Maiku said:
Nice dude.

Yeah the statues were alot cheaper once upon a time. The production runs were also MUCH higher on the first 5 non-horseback riding statues. I think the serial number on one of my standing Skullknights is in the 1400s.

I only bought it b/c 1.) casca figures aren't common like the gazillion of guts/zodd/guts/more zodd lol you get the picture. 2.) the price was reasonable and 3.) it is hard to find a BRAND NEW one after all this time so yeah a number of factors there. You guys really ought to check out yahoo hong kong I don't know why nobody does but theres a lot of OLD berserk figures (brand new but old releases) there that if you're looking for the older figures like my casca hawk soldiers for example you'd find it there and seriously you guys would be paying a lot less than ebay

Top Bottom