1:1 scale replica of Femto Helmet!!!

11.17.10 - FINISHED AND SHIPPING NOW!

PRICING
The price for this Femto replica is $475 + $45 shipping. Deposit is $250. PM me for details!

11.17.10 UPDATE 2 Okay, here are the lighting shots. I couldn't really take good pictures of it. It's just too dark for my camera to pick up. But you can get a sense. It's just the cavernous space, when lit up, makes for a really spooky image. It's more ghostly, and you can imagine Griffith's eyes just popping out at any given moment. Talk about a chick magnet to have around the house huh?

11.17.10 UPDATE 1 DONE AND DONE! JAMES HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!! You really need to see this in person to really appreciate it, but the paint job and colors of the helmet + base are really spot on. This is a really difficult piece to photograph, but I took these pictures in natural light to best give you an idea of what it looks like. What a nice set, ey?! (Also, on a side note, the pictures of the lighting inside the helmet is VERY HAUNTING. It's not dark in my apartment yet, so I will have to take pics of that later, but of the 3 helmets thus far, I think the lighting of this one works the best! I'll try my best to capture it on camera but it really must be seen in person!)

The packaging was great too. Given the shape of this helmet, it's very secure to ship, so those overseas buyers should fear nothing.

I really hope people out there who like what they see to get it on the project and become an owner of one of these bad boys. James poured blood sweat and other bodily fluids into these helmets, and it'll be very difficult for him to keep going if no one is taking a bite. Don't you want to see Golden Age helmets next?!?!? :slan:

Note: I just talked to James about this, and if you are a buyer and you prefer to have a glossy coating on the helmet, then James is more than willing to do that for you, at no extra charge! Everyone's happy!

P1070014_1024.jpg

P1070001_1024.jpg

11.3.10 UPDATE New base pics!

100_3121_800.jpg

10.29.10 UPDATE Here are the first pics of the paintjob!!! This is just the base coat of the helmet. James said it appears lighter than the pictures show. He tried to take some pics with flash but then it looked too light. Rest assured, Aaz gave James PANTONE color codes to make sure Femto is the most accurate color. Good ol' Aaz! And keep in mind, these first few pics are very basic. No detailing, or shadowing, or anything has been done to any of the folds, edges, etc etc.

100_3116_800.jpg

100_3117_800.jpg

10.21.10 UPDATE Due to this new base, the price for the replica has gone up $75 (from $400), so the total is now $475 + $45 shipping. Originally, it was just going to stand up by the back tail of the helmet. But this new face/eclipse base adds more work/paint. Deposit is $250. Hope y'all that are on the fence will jump over soon. :ubik: Also, the idea of the lighting is to have a UV black light inside the head and James will paint the inside with a UV paint that will reflect and glow. It should be pretty sweet. James reused the circle platform from SK and just smoothed it out to hold everything and he'll put the switch on the back like the Berserker and the battery underneath. Yes, all 3 helmets (Guts, SK, and this one) are level at the same height.

100_3093_800.jpg

9.29.10 UPDATE - Here's a video of the base, before it is smoothed!

9.10.10 UPDATE - The original concept of the base isn't going to be able to balance the helmet as originally planned, so James is sculpting a stylistic rod, like how we did with the thorns for the SK helmet, except this time it'll be a tower of faces, ala Eclipse.

7.1.10 UPDATE - James finished the mold and is hoping to take a few preorder/deposits to help him with the initial costs of materials and so forth. Of course, there are no painted pictures of the final product yet, so most of you may not want to preorder without that, but I'm sure some of you are quite familiar with the quality of work that James has done in the past so are willing to put in a deposit right now. And of course, the sooner you put in the deposit, the sooner you will get the replica!

James is looking at 8-12 weeks to finish the first run of helmets (so still a while away), and the preorder deposit is $225. Fully refundable of course.

To place a preorder, PM me and I will give you his paypal address. Some of you might already have it from previous purchases, so feel free just to contact him directly too!

Thanks all!

PAID LIST:
1. DirectDK - Fully Paid
2. Bruhaha69 - Fully Paid
3. Turkitage - Fully Paid
4. Ckd5989 - Fully Paid
5. Incantation - Fully Paid
6. Master of the Obvious - Fully Paid
7. Indio - Deposit Paid
8. Chimaera - Fully Paid
9. Bashar - Fully Paid

YES LIST:
1. DirectDK
2. Zoliv
3. Turkitage
4. Maiku
5. Bruhaha69
6. The Beast of Darkness
7. Ckd5989
8. Chimaera

100_3089_800.jpg

100_3090_800.jpg

100_3091_800.jpg

100_3092_800.jpg

100_3093_800.jpg

First pictures uploaded 6.4.10 said:
6.4.10, Here are the early progress shots of the Femto replica which we all desire and love! :ubik: James mentioned that this helmet will be raised and stand at the same height as the previous helmets, so the 3 will look like a set match made in heaven. I believe it! (He also mentioned to excuse his 2d drawing skills :slan:)

*Note, the human face is NOT part of the helmet.

femto_sketch.jpg

femto_100_2858.jpg

femto_100_2859.jpg

femto_100_2860.jpg

femto_100_2861.jpg

femto_100_2862.jpg

femto_100_2856.jpg

Thoughts so far?! :void:

Z

Zoliv

Hello Derek,

James seems to have well begun his new helmet : it is a great job again. But, I think the eyes are not enough evil and feminine as they can be in the manga.

Thanks again to both of you for this new project ! I will definitely be interested to buy one.

Zoliv said:
James seems to have well begun his new helmet : it is a great job again. But, I think the eyes are not enough evil and feminine as they can be in the manga.

Hey Zoliv! Thanks for your feedback. Just to be clear, do you mean the eyes of the helmet? Or the eyes of the human face underneath the helmet? The reason I ask is because the human face will NOT be part of the helmet. James just uses that model for size/shape reference. Lemme know!

Z

Zoliv

DirectDK said:
Hey Zoliv! Thanks for your feedback. Just to be clear, do you mean the eyes of the helmet? Or the eyes of the human face underneath the helmet? The reason I ask is because the human face will NOT be part of the helmet. James just uses that model for size/shape reference. Lemme know!

Hey Derek,

Sorry, I was talking about the human face. Since it was in the shots, I thought it would be included in the project.

For the Helmet itself, it is amazing !

I think it looks good so far. i almost think it would look better for the final product if it had the human face in it.

Fellmark said:
I think it looks good so far. i almost think it would look better for the final product if it had the human face in it.

I totally agree, as this per se is not a helmet but part of Femto.
I would seriously recommend you rethink this, Derek :femto:

I think painting several human faces (Femto's alone) would be a very difficult task to replicate again and again.

This looks great thanks pictures. James is the shit!

turkitage

ターク
Though, I figure he'd do something like the SK helmet where the eye socket goes in and has that latex/plastic in it with LED behind it lighting up. Maybe that might look good? Or maybe put some sorta eye resemblance there too with LEDs behind it? Don't know.

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
Off to a nice start :ubik: I look forward to seeing how this comes out and hopefully getting one. I too am curious to see how it looks in the end without a head inside it. I can think of several places in the manga where the artistic renderings show the form of Femto without a human face in the helmet so I think I have a decent idea what he's going for here, I'll just have to see it finished to wrap my head around it though.

Hey all!

Here are the newest pictures. This is pretty much ready for casting, so the sculpting process is basically done. The flat eye parts are just there because of casting purposes. It will be hollow. Also note, the final product will be smoother (James will sand down each helmet individually post casting. Price point will be $400 + $45 shipping. Also, he may add a light system, something to illuminate the inside with a dark light of some sort, plus it will match the other two helmets. The lighting system might add a few more bucks on the total cost.

It's about that time we should start having a list of who's interested. Of course, people will want to see how the helmet is painted before committing, but if you think you will be buying, let me know! Also when you do let me know, make a note whether you would like to have lighting or not. Thanks!

wip_100_2905.jpg

wip_100_2907.jpg

wip_100_2908.jpg

wip_100_2909.jpg

wip_100_2910.jpg

wip_100_2911.jpg

wip_100_2912.jpg

Z

Zoliv

Hello Derek !

The sculpt of the Femto helmet is really awesome !

You can put me on the list of the future buyers ! I would also be very interested to have the lighting.

turkitage

ターク
Very nice as always from James. Some sorta dark lights for the eyes would be awesome!!! Can't wait.

And of course mark me down for Yes as a buyer

G

Gu†s

If I could afford these without giving up to other necessities I would do so in a heart beat. You have an amazing talent at replicating characters and bringing them into sculptures so the only thing I can do is approve of your talent and tell you that you are amazing at what you do. I am impressed by your sculpting and very interested in seeing the end result. Good luck and again, very nice work.

Guтs™ said:
If I could afford these without giving up to other necessities I would do so in a heart beat. You have an amazing talent at replicating characters and bringing them into sculptures so the only thing I can do is approve of your talent and tell you that you are amazing at what you do. I am impressed by your sculpting and very interested in seeing the end result. Good luck and again, very nice work.

You DO know you can survive a week without food right? Water is a necessity so you need that but I'm sure you can skip a few meals to pay for this :ubik: How did I pay for my 20th anniversary guts in 1 lump sum payment? Let's see...I normally finish work at 6pm but that entire month I didn't leave till 9pm (mon-friday) to rack up the overtime $$
I did this for 3 months to pay for the 20th anniversary
it was a huge sacrifice but well worth it

Top Bottom