[ART OF WAR] - 『Guts』 2010 ver. 1/6 scale

Ahmetal

God hand help us
skullknight2014 said:
Congrats! Ahmetal. I think you got no.30 im no.29 LOL!
& how to get additional blood?

Actually I ordered mine quite sooner, east cost time around 830 am I think...they were still available for bit after that if Im not mistaken. I thought it would be up even longer but I was nuts to think that...SO glad I ordered mine. I almost passed it up. But the look of the armor and new helmet sold me. I think you might be able to request a repaint service for extra charge. Platinum members enjoy a free additional blood repaint. I requested they pour a bucket of blood over the statue. Congrats to everyone who snagged this!

Great for new collectors, may have thought about it if I didn't own 2 versions of it already. Not all that pleased that they keep rehashing/repainting figures continuously despite all the negative feedback....feel like I need to vote with my wallet pretty soon.....it's a shame too since AOW are nice people and I had a great time visiting them/getting to know their philosophy.

Awesome! good opportunity for those who missed one of the other versions.

Essentially they took the helmet from The Tentacle Ship statue and put it on 2010 1/6 Guts statue with the same color scheme of Tentacle Ship Crystal Eye Version. In one word, recycle... :rickert:
I guess this is needed to finance a totally brand new project.

Is it a case that the price is the exact half of the Max Factory's Guts? :schnoz:

IncantatioN said:
Do share your experience with us, if you don't mind. Maybe a separate topic so as to not derail this one?

Well, this was years back when I acted as a business intermediary for a figure business here in the US during my time off from my usual job. I had a decent relationship with AOW from being a repeat customer and the figure business was started by my buddies/acquaintances. My wife is Japanese so I visit here and there and stay right around Tokyo with the inlaws.....and on one of my trips back, I was charged with the responsibility of meeting AOW and negotiating terms for distribution.
Long story short, they are/were located in Asakusa.....a lot of traditional businesses here and basically the most traditional part of Japan in Tokyo (very fitting for their business style). I was welcomed to their offices by their secretary from Taiwan and she acted as a partial translator between their president Sakakibara-san and myself (partial because I know a lot of Japanese already....it does help I am from Taiwan and I speak Taiwanese/Mandarin/English also). It was a friendly visit and I learned a lot about Sakakibara-san's philosophy on figures. Very uncompromising/typical Japanese business style in terms of how things needs to happen (the flow from manfuacturing to packaging/inspection by him personally etc). He also shared with me his vision to develop trendy art in Japan with the newer Samurai Zodiac lines and other artistic ideas. To me, it seems like he wanted to be the next "big thing" in Japan....not just play in the small niche pond for anime series doing figures. I applaud him for his ambition and wish them the best of luck, truly nice people. Personally, I am just not pleased as a customer lately with how some of their business decisions have come about....but I think it does have a lot to do with Sakakibara-san's personality....he doesn't feel like there's a need for a change because that's how it's done....period.

That aside.....I do hope the previous comment comes true and this funds them for the upcoming new Guts figure (1 of those they alluded to in the surveys).

Oh man, i keep looking back at the pictures. What a really cool figure. Im so glad i ordered it. Its like tentacle ship + 2010 ver combine together but cheaper. Just 2 months ago they re-instock this figure and put up on ebay. This is a surprise.

I got a feeling there will be a black version, bloody version after this. Oh man.

Sensui, what a enthralling life you have! Japanese wife and you know lot of languages and cultures... I'd like to hear more of your stories, maybe you have a blog or something like that?

Ahmetal

God hand help us
They just released more of the same piece. Unbelievable. Different blood application this time.
http://www.art-of-war.jp/product/610

I knew it! this is their business practice. This confirms it!

http://www.art-of-war.jp/data/art-of-war/product/20150213_81f3ee.jpg
http://www.art-of-war.jp/data/art-of-war/product/20150214_524353.jpg

Both are sold out. Pretty quickly. Even though many complains but this sell like hotcakes.

I bought the Splash version (which is sold out).
I owned the first statue but didn't like the color and the helmet, this "new" one is clearly better!

Now bring me a Femto 1/6e please!!

rayhato said:
Sensui, what a enthralling life you have! Japanese wife and you know lot of languages and cultures... I'd like to hear more of your stories, maybe you have a blog or something like that?

Sorry, no blog.....nor social media really....I am more or less a private person hah. It's really not as exciting as you think, typical life filled with just work and family. Good thing we got hobbies to keep us sane!

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
I'm just going to continue riding the wave of hate and post these pics of the 2015 version.

20150610_073016_zpsorskfyct.jpg

20150610_072929_zpsottfcegb.jpg

20150610_072920_zpseovhchwa.jpg

20150610_072949_zpsrmlzffod.jpg

20150610_072956_zpspbb2isij.jpg

20150610_073033_zpsw0nyw983.jpg

20150610_072934_zpsmjtdpguh.jpg

20150610_073050_zpsvwaaqm9u.jpg

20150610_073022_zpswelxhgra.jpg

If anyone is interested I'll switch the head out and take a few more pics.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
I got no 13 with extra blood haha bad ass. I have one of the old versions too. One that was released only in Japan I think, and the cape on the new one is significantly taller. I wonder if it just bends with time. If so I wonder if that happens to the tentacle ship cape.

Also the heads on this version are significantly smaller than the old one! I will have to post photos

Ahmetal

God hand help us
skullknight2014 said:
Hi Ahmetal can you post photos of your guts with extra blood. Would love to see it

Of course. Give me some time though. I have put them in my display case and it's a bit of a pain getting them out. I should have taken pictures prior to putting it on display but I will eventually.

Thanks! Cant wait for your photos. Also which one do you like more. The old one or new one.

edit: just received mine! Havent open yet still in the box. Post office keep my parcel for almost a week!

Ahmetal

God hand help us
skullknight2014 said:
Thanks! Cant wait for your photos. Also which one do you like more. The old one or new one.

edit: just received mine! Havent open yet still in the box. Post office keep my parcel for almost a week!

Congrats! You will love it. They are both unique to me and I enjoy them both quite a bit. Haha I can't say which I like the most because i can't decide.

Top Bottom