Episode 313

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
Sweet. Maybe we'll get that tentacle action we've all been hoping for now. :ganishka: In all seriousness, I'm glad Berserk won't have to worry about restricting it's stories punctuality due to politics.

It would certainly be odd if Puck started wearing shorts 35 volumes into the series.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like Isma might indeed be some kind of mermaid, as I'd guessed. The villagers are revealing their true nature to Guts & co (they look quite a bit like the monstrous sea cucumber's tentacles), and there's also talk of a rebirth ceremony for the Sea God.

Berserk will of course be present in the next issue of YA.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder what the giant eye is that we see speaking. It's not one of the sea cucumbers. It looks like a tortoise face to me...

Also, I noticed on that last pic that Guts' DS is already bloody from battle, which means it won't just end on a cliffhanger of action. We'll see some sea cucumber juice spilled in the ep as well :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I wonder what the giant eye is that we see speaking. It's not one of the sea cucumbers. It looks like a tortoise face to me...

Transformed villager.

Walter said:
Also, I noticed on that last pic that Guts' DS is already bloody from battle, which means it won't just end on a cliffhanger of action. We'll see some sea cucumber juice spilled in the ep as well :guts:

A scene reminiscent of the Dragon Slayer's introduction in the inn in volume 1? :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I like how the villagers have leech mouths... or is that the mouth of a squid? :???:

Sea cucumber, though clearly those are more toothy since they're monsters. Squids have beaks. I think the closest would be a lamprey.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I really like the look of the transformed villagers. Man, I'm so excited to see the new episode!

Oburi

All praise Grail
The way those transformed villagers look really creeps me out for some reason, I think it's the mouth. Looks great!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Isma is adorable. I can't wait 'til she gets to meet Guts and the rest of the gang. I'm personally still hoping she ends up joining the group.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Aazealh said:
Looks like Isma might indeed be some kind of mermaid, as I'd guessed.

It would be nice if she would speak about herself, just to get if she is a post world-merging being or if she simply was mermaid before everything.

I also wonder if she's going to join the Guts' party after the end of this sea God revival episodes.
She may be a good guide against the new sea's hidden dangers.

Aazealh said:
Berserk will of course be present in the next issue of YA.

Great!!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
It would be nice if she would speak about herself, just to get if she is a post world-merging being or if she simply was mermaid before everything.
Based on the array of shots we have of her here in the previews (particularly the one of her swimming), and the enigmatic way 312 ends, I think it's possible we'll get a bit of Isma's backstory in this episode. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
wild-ass speculation: what if the reason the monstrous villagers leave her alone is because this evil sea thingy intends her to be an integral part of its ceremony?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
wild-ass speculation: what if the reason the monstrous villagers leave her alone is because this evil sea thingy intends her to be an integral part of its ceremony?

Possible, since she's apparently a pariah on the island. But I'm not sure they have the means to overpower her (she's seemed quite resourceful so far).

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
It looks like the baddie with the visible eye is reaching/coming through a door or portal of some sort, then in the next image Guts appears to be walking through a door with a, as noted, bloody Dragon Slayer. So, my big prediction: that particular monster is not going to appear in 314. =)

I wish I had more to add, but I'm just looking forward to this as much everyone else.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
If what Griff is predicting is true, I love seeing Guts make such short work of these monsters. I also wanna see if it mirrors the first volume bar scene like Aaz mentioned, that would be pretty awesome. :ubik:

I wonder what kind of fighter Isma will be, maybe she'll fight alongside her elementals! :ganishka:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
The villager looks insanely creepy. That mouth is just begging to slowly eat your arm. Yech!

Can't wait for this!

fors

Burning Rage !!!
Great news on the episode, the bill, also the previews are awesome.

I'm speculating that we will find the reason why Isma is left alone by the villagers

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, even if Isma is a mermaid, that doesn't mean she's harmless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl4vByxQ9kI :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
If what Griff is predicting is true, I love seeing Guts make such short work of these monsters.

It's more of an observation than a prediction. :iva:

Fors said:
I'm speculating that we will find the reason why Isma is left alone by the villagers

They're probably just not powerful enough to do anything to her. Remember the symbol on her door (which could act as a ward against evil), among other things.

Top Bottom