Games to look forward to!

frankencowx said:
What about Firu Embrem?

I'm not a big fan of the franchise. And 2013 just started and I already have too many games to play. In fact, for the first time in my life, I had to make a games schedule :ganishka:

Have you heard about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (on WiiU) ? Intriguing crossover.

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
Ryouma said:
Have you heard about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (on WiiU) ? Intriguing crossover.

You sir, have just BLOWN my mind.

Also, it's the original SMT games that's crossing over (the best, in my opinion) which means no Persona. This could be QUITE ridiculous. What an absurd crossover. I wonder if it'll be an SRPG, first-person RPG, or both?

Nintendo, y u do dis?

Viral Harvest said:
You sir, have just BLOWN my mind.

Also, it's the original SMT games that's crossing over (the best, in my opinion) which means no Persona. This could be QUITE ridiculous. What an absurd crossover. I wonder if it'll be an SRPG, first-person RPG, or both?

Nintendo, y u do dis?

I'll take any of the above, but what if it was a fighting game using the Persona 4 Arena engine? I'd take that too..

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Viral Harvest said:
I tend to think it'll be modeled after SMT: Devil Survivor, which is both a strategy RPG and a traditional turn-based RPG. I think Fire Emblem would fit quite nicely into that mold.

That being said, Devil Survivor is hot garbage. The last SMT game I enjoyed was Strange Journey.

Viral Harvest said:

Nintendo, y u do dis?

frankencowx said:
I'll take any of the above, but what if it was a fighting game using the Persona 4 Arena engine? I'd take that too..

Well,
Atlus’ parent company Index had a little more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, which was announced yesterday during Nintendo Direct. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is a joint development project with Index and Nintendo working on the game. Index says Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem will be their first co-developed title. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is confirmed by Index to be a RPG, you know just in case you were expecting a fighting game or a card battling title.

Here's the official announcement trailer :
[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK5-EIzDtKo[/flash]

'Walter' said:
The last SMT game I enjoyed was Strange Journey.
For me it was Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon. I really enjoyed it and I'm still waiting for a similar game. I have to correct a previous statement. There's another game on 3DS I'll be interested in : SMT IV.

Viral Harvest

Strange Journey was the game that got me into the SMT series (embarrassingly late) FANTASTIC story the whole way through, and a return to its old-school first-person dungeon-crawling roots. I always thought it was considered SMT4, but apparently it's not canon to the series. I've tried playing the 2 SMT SNES games that Aeon Genesis translated, but they are so archaic at this point that it truly takes a will of iron and lots of graph paper to play the whole way through. Cool and extremely dark for what they are though, maybe one day. Really psyched for SMT4 for the 3DS though! Everyone jocks Persona, and while they're good, they're not nearly as dark as the core SMT games (I'm neutral alignment all the way!)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Agreed, I've been very impressed with what I've seen and read about it thus far. I particularly appreciate the fact that it's a pretty ambitious game and world design. You don't generally see those two things going hand-in-hand these days... However, that reveal video doesn't do justice to what was actually confirmed today. Basically, it's a persistent online world that evolves along with the actions and decisions of players/groups. Bungie called it a "shared world shooter." To me, it doesn't sound dissimilar to EVE Online, and that's a good thing.

It feels like this game has some Halo DNA in it
Doesn't that kind of... go without saying? It's from Bungie, the guys who have been banging their head on the Halo wall for more than a decade.

Anyway, I think there's quite a bit more to say about the art design than that aspects resemble Halo (guys in guns with masks!). It's pretty incredible. There's a lot of scifi meets fantasy elements happening here, and it's really interesting to see how they navigated those hurdles.

I do hope that they create a real vibrant character for us to play though. It wasn't until Halo 4 before Master Chief felt like an actual character.
Seems like it won't have you playing as a central character, but rather character archetypes, like an MMO.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JoeZeon said:
It feels like this game has some Halo DNA in it, but it does indeed look very intriguing.

Obviously, coming from Bungie. It also reminded me a bit of Mass Effect. Certainly a step-up from Halo's universe.

Walter said:
Too bad about it likely not coming to PC though. That's a real missed opportunity, I feel. And not just for me :carcus: Possibly a really stupid gamble in the long-run too.

If it's a deliberate choice, then I wouldn't call it a "stupid gamble". It's no secret that for AAA multiplatform games, consoles are where the money's at. That's why FPS games like Modern Warfare are now developed primarily for consoles and only ported on PC. Not to mention that consoles are where Bungie's current expertise lies. There'd be many advantages to that limitation depending on how you look at it. That being said, I wouldn't take that article as law. I read in another article that Bungie was still considering what platforms the game would ship on; the X360 & PS3 option being obviously suspect given how close we are to seeing the next generation and how ambitious the game is by design. I feel like that quote is being taken out of context for the sake of sensationalism.

Walter said:
Seems like it won't have you playing as a central character, but rather character archetypes, like an MMO.

Three character classes have been officially revealed so far: Titan, Hunter and Warlock.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/18/destiny/

Activision CEO-bot Eric Hirshberg added this. “Until anything’s officially announced, from the first parties, obviously we can’t comment on any platforms that might be forthcoming. But what we can say is that we’re building Destiny to be wherever gamers are. And we want this to be one of the great video game franchises and entertainment franchise for the next decade.”

YES, BUT WILL IT BE ON PC? “I’d say we would absolutely love to be on PC,” Parsons said. “If you go upstairs and talk to the people upstairs, we play on all platforms. So stay tuned.”

Looks like the fervor over mouse and keyboard thing brought some pointed questions to the publisher's door, the answers being pretty close to Aaz's comments on it.

Also, lot's of concept art in that link.

Capcom announced RPG with working title ''Deep Down'' with new Panta Rhei engine at Playstation meeting. When I watched live stream I was surprised and impressed by some great features PS4 will have and how it's centered around sharing and player itself. Specs are nice too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_NmKv5vmSs

Lukis said:
Capcom announced RPG with working title ''Deep Down'' with new Panta Rhei engine at Playstation meeting. When I watched live stream I was surprised and impressed by some great features PS4 will have and how it's centered around sharing and player itself. Specs are nice too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_NmKv5vmSs

Dark Dogmas 3?

Pirates of the Caribbean 5, I wonder if they will bring back Kiera Knightley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvJcxrAj49Y

Viral Harvest

Waiting on the SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers port for the 3DS next month. Keeping a very close eye on this to hold me over until SMT4 eventually gets released here.

Hey guys, i found this today. There has been a kickstarter project for a sequel to Planescape: Torment. The project has been completely funded (it got 2 mil. on the first 24 hours). I am really looking forward to this. Check it out, the story sounds really interesting. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera
I discovered it through Patrick Rothfuss's blog. He mentioned it because it turns out that he will be writing a part of the story which i find really interesting since i enjoyed his books very much.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Joe Chip said:
Hey guys, i found this today. There has been a kickstarter project for a sequel to Planescape: Torment. The project has been completely funded (it got 2 mil. on the first 24 hours). I am really looking forward to this. Check it out, the story sounds really interesting. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera

I was an early backer of that game, as well as of Project Eternity. The two are no doubt going to be awesome. As will likely be Wasteland 2.

Right now what I'm most excited about though is Shovel Knight, which is ending soon and that I've backed as well. I'll be getting the 3DS version!

Aazealh said:
I was an early backer of that game, as well as of Project Eternity. The two are no doubt going to be awesome. As will likely be Wasteland 2.

Woah ! I totally missed those, awesome. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to get my hands the Project Eternity. I never played the original Wasteland but i have to admit that the sequel looks amazing. I don't know if you saw this video, it's a first look from the game. I am going to buy all of them.

Aazealh said:
Right now what I'm most excited about though is Shovel Knight, which is ending soon and that I've backed as well. I'll be getting the 3DS version!

What a nice game ! I'm going to have to get the 3DS from my brother and play it through when it comes out (i bet the 3DS version will be way more fun than the PC version)

Shadow of the Eternals - ''From the creators of Eternal Darkness''

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/05/03/shadow-of-the-eternals-teaser-trailer
The long await sequel to Eternal Darkness may finally come :ubik:

On a side note, maybe this year, the rumours surrounding the return of Legacy of Kain may come true. Crystal Dynamics Title is soon to be reveal and Cory Barlog (God of War II game director) joined the studio two years ago working on the new IP. Anyway...:SK:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ryouma said:
That's great, but... Wasn't Silicon Knights dismantled after the legal fallout with Epic? How can they afford to make a new game...? Ohhhhh KICKSTART IT! :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ryouma said:

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/05/03/shadow-of-the-eternals-teaser-trailer
The long await sequel to Eternal Darkness may finally come :ubik:

I'm fucking excited for this.

Ryouma said:
On a side note, maybe this year, the rumours surrounding the return of Legacy of Kain may come true. Crystal Dynamics Title is soon to be reveal and Cory Barlog (God of War II game director) join the studio two years ago working on the new IP. Anyway...:SK:

I don't think Kain himself and that world in general need to return. They were milked enough as it is. But a new game in the style of the original Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain is sorely needed and I would be delighted for it to happen.

Walter said:
That's great, but... Wasn't Silicon Knights dismantled after the legal fallout with Epic? How can they afford to make a new game...? Ohhhhh KICKSTART IT! :ganishka:

Precursor Games will seek $1.5 million in funding when its campaign begins on Monday, a representative of the studio has told IGN. Additionally, Shadow of the Eternals will be released as 12 episodes for PC and Wii U, though an expected release window was not given.

Initial story details describe Detective Paul Becker as a Louisiana cop embroiled in a conflict between two warring cults. The game will "span over 2500 years of history throughout Egypt, England, Hungary, and the United States" while players "try to balance the mechanics of combat, magick, and sanity events."

Original text: Shadow of the Eternals was announced earlier today in a trailer on IGN with wording that heavily implies the game is a spiritual successor to the 2002 Gamecube cult classic Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Under development at Precursor Games, Shadow of the Eternals will be multiplatform, presuming the success of a crowdfunding drive that is set to begin on Monday.

Whether that crowdfunding initiative takes the shape of a Kickstarter, Indiegogo or independent campaign remains to be seen. What is known, however, is that Eternal Darkness director and producer Denis Dyack is involved in the project to some degree.

On a more cryptic note, the Latin phrase at the beginning of the trailer translates to "The Order of the Unseen," which jives with the trailer's request for the viewer to "join the order." Personally, we're going to need to see some kind of incentive before we sign anything. Do we get a free toaster? Are utilities included? Let's make a deal here.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :ganishka:

Aazealh said:
I'm fucking excited for this.
I knew you would ! :void:

Aazealh said:
I don't think Kain himself and that world in general need to return. They were milked enough as it is. But a new game in the style of the original Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain is sorely needed and I would be delighted for it to happen.

I always thought this unfinished business would need, not necessary a sequel to end that story (and it wouln't make any sense nowadays), but a complete makeover. In certain circonstances, a reboot is really a smart move. That's exactly what I want for the world of Nosgoth. Also, Amy Hennig should return, at least as a consultant.

Top Bottom