Games to look forward to!

I recently found out about it ,but there's this game ''State of Decay'' releasing in next week or so for XBLA and later for PC. It's kinda free roam zombie survival but from what I've seen it looks really nice and is more centered around you finding supplies and survivors,building these little communities and supplying them etc ,and for 15-20$ it looks damn good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm7H3KEzE6g

Not sure how good the game itself will be, but this has to be my favorite trailer/advertisement for a game that I have ever seen.

Remember Me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LczkikAgAVE

I'm looking forward to Creative Assembly's Warhammer Fantasy. Although there is no information about the game whatsoever it does sound tasty with the creators of the Total War series doing warhammer. I still play Warhammer Dark Omen once in a while.

asic said:
I'm looking forward to Creative Assembly's Warhammer Fantasy. Although there is no information about the game whatsoever it does sound tasty with the creators of the Total War series doing warhammer. I still play Warhammer Dark Omen once in a while.

Looking forward to this as well.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I didn't want to make a new thread, but as I learned about and was convinced to try the Shantae games by talk on this forum...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I thought Risky's Revenge was a really solid (if short) platformer and hopefully this kickstarter will get funded and even reach some of those stretch goals!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Scorpio said:
I didn't want to make a new thread, but as I learned about and was convinced to try the Shantae games by talk on this forum...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I thought Risky's Revenge was a really solid (if short) platformer and hopefully this kickstarter will get funded and even reach some of those stretch goals!

I love WayForward and I love Shantae, but I don't get why they need a Kickstarter campaign to fund their game.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
I love WayForward and I love Shantae, but I don't get why they need a Kickstarter campaign to fund their game.

The secret's out: free capital you never have to pay back! You'd be irresponsible NOT to fund your game that way. As a matter of fact, instead of demanding a share of the profits, your willing investors will likely pay for the product at least twice! Just wait until every company is funding their shit on there. Capcom: "Want Mega Man 11? We're not so sure, we need some, ahem, assurances beforehand. How about 5 mil up front? PAY UP!" :daiba:

I'm predicting this will come to head one day, lawsuits will be filed, etc. But not today. Of course, it's not necessarily a bad thing cutting out the middle man, unless the middleman is still there, only providing the funding by getting it from you. =)

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Not sure if this has been mentioned (as I couldn't find it using the search function), but Bungie is releasing a new game called Destiny.

Personally, it's something to look forward to. The Halo series has not been the same since it switched over to 343, and I think Destiny is going to bury it once it's released.

Here is some gameplay for those wanting to see it in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBNdrJMwrkc

From the people behind Amnesia: The Dark Descent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWHVkMIP1b8

Amnesia was a lonely, dreadful experience, but I couldn't walk away from it because I was so obsessed with unraveling the story. This game doesn't look as scary as Amnesia so far, but I can't wait to dive into the story. Maybe it's aiming to be more of a disturbing mind fuck as opposed to trying to induce outright panic. Either way, 2015...or whenever...can't come soon enough.

I like the arm physics.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Groovy Metal Fist said:
From the people behind Amnesia: The Dark Descent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWHVkMIP1b8

Amnesia was a lonely, dreadful experience, but I couldn't walk away from it because I was so obsessed with unraveling the story. This game doesn't look as scary as Amnesia so far, but I can't wait to dive into the story. Maybe it's aiming to be more of a disturbing mind fuck as opposed to trying to induce outright panic. Either way, 2015...or whenever...can't come soon enough.

I like the arm physics.
Love the setting of this one, but I found Amnesia about as boring as Myst, and not as scary as advertised.

Walter said:
Love the setting of this one, but I found Amnesia about as boring as Myst, and not as scary as advertised.

Not even
dodging the water lurker, opening a door to the grunt in the basement storage room, having a Brute immediately spawn as you stepped out of the sewers, or the shadow chase just outside your cell?

problem with Amnesia was, it had a veeery simple mechanic. It DID scare me, oh hell yes, when i was down in the dungeons, my light going out and all, it even scared me to the point, where i was just thinking "fuck.. fuck... FUCK... just RUN, just run and see how far you can get, of course you will die in a minute, but just try it, doesn't matter, just fucking RUN!!!"

5 Minutes later, after running twice through the whole dungeons in complete darkness, with no penality except a blurry screen, i realized... well, fuck, this whole survival aspect is bullshit. Even the monster that was there at the beginning, had just despawned. Enemies disappeared after some time.

In other words, it got me so scared that i accidently broke the illusion of the scary game mechanics in my panic

after that, unfortunately, it was like "well... fuck you, monsters, i know how shit works" :puck:

Rendarg said:
problem with Amnesia was, it had a veeery simple mechanic. It DID scare me, oh hell yes, when i was down in the dungeons, my light going out and all, it even scared me to the point, where i was just thinking "fuck.. fuck... FUCK... just RUN, just run and see how far you can get, of course you will die in a minute, but just try it, doesn't matter, just fucking RUN!!!"

5 Minutes later, after running twice through the whole dungeons in complete darkness, with no penality except a blurry screen, i realized... well, fuck, this whole survival aspect is bullshit. Even the monster that was there at the beginning, had just despawned. Enemies disappeared after some time.

In other words, it got me so scared that i accidently broke the illusion of the scary game mechanics in my panic

after that, unfortunately, it was like "well... fuck you, monsters, i know how shit works" :puck:

It definitely had room for improvement. After a while, monsters were only scary during the chase. The pattern of hearing a monster screaming, hiding around a corner, listening to the search music, and then getting up after a few seconds did not serve the game well.

But sometimes the lenient death penalty felt like a 'you fucked up, you don't a second chance to do the encounter the right way, just move on you disgrace'. Other times, it felt like you were just doing a blander version of a sequence.

Yet there were moments in the game where all I could do was run for my life. A couple of times, I wasn't even thinking rationally enough to close the door behind me, even though that would have bought me some time. All I was thinking was 'FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIT SHIT RUN RUN RUN FUCK FUCK FUCK'. It was panic.

oho yeah, remember that room where suddenly a monster breaks in, it's a small room with a bed, closet and all, i think you check a letter there, and then suddenly the monster comes in. That was fucking terrible, although i now have seen some videos on youtube how you can really mess with the poor AI in that scene.

I think the most awesome thing about the game was, how it was basically a H.P Lovecraft Call of Cthulhu Game, but just without the official licence. I had read a few short stories about Cthulhu mythos and had played a cthulhu game before, so after reading the first few letters i was already like "oh shit... oh shit, no, NO.. i know where this is going... and i already know it will fuck up my mind"

Which reminds me, in the cthulhu game i had played, your psyche actually did matter, you didn't just get a blurry screen when watching terrible things... no, you started to hear voices, and after some time, you couldn't control your character anymore, he said "i can't take this anymore" and put his gun to his head *baaamm*....

This looks really great, thanks for sharing. I hope they release more about the game soon. I searched a bit for information, this link reveals a bit about the game.

"It's a huge game," said Hello Games' Sean Murray. "We wanted to make a game about exploration. And we wanted to make something that was real."

Murray said that, on planets, if you can see it — whether it be a mountain miles away in the distance — you can walk there. The game's persistent world is being created by the small team at Hello Games, and puts players into an ecosystem where they're not at the top of the food chain, Murray said. Space-based combat against other players and capital ships appears to be a major component of No Man's Sky.
Source : http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/7/5186774/exploration-sim-no-mans-sky-coming-from-hello-games

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I tried Witcher 1; played about 10 hours and gave up. Tried Witcher 2; played about 5 hours and gave up. But Witcher 3, you guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqQ3LeBgGDM

I really do want to like this series. But it has a fundamental flaw—its reach has consistently been greater than its grasp, both technologically and in storytelling.

Walter said:
I tried Witcher 1; played about 10 hours and gave up. Tried Witcher 2; played about 5 hours and gave up. But Witcher 3, you guys!
Check out this mod Walter. It's made by one of the Witcher game designers, it's a great improvement. Forum thread for the mod Link
I am waiting for Witcher 3 for a while now, i bet it's going to be great.

Top Bottom