E3 2010

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Aazealh said:
Well while the demo sucked, the game itself looks like it's solid enough:

Solid, but not mind-blowing. Since it's still got a fair amount of dev time ahead of it before release, one can hope things will only get better from here!
Yeah, after watching the official trailer I'm feeling a little better about this, and the swordplay could be really interesting. The art style is also kind of growing on me. What I'm really curious about, and what's going to make or break it for me is the story. I hope link is going after his Navi friend.

Oburi said:
Twisted Metal looks so cool. Its like a link to my childhood anyway but it genuinely looks awesome.
I concur! Sweet Tooth looks wicked...there's so many great playstation classics being put on the table with this, and a release date for GT5, I might have to fold and get one too.

On a side note, have you guys seen this new Portal 2 Trailer? Looks Kimbo Slice. But seriously, It does look really cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxSo1k2Y1Uk

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
On a side note, have you guys seen this new Portal 2 Trailer? Looks Kimbo Slice. But seriously, It does look really cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxSo1k2Y1Uk
Yeah, saw it during Sony's show. Portal 2 be great, however, I don't mind waiting for it.

I think Valve's BIG SURPRISE was over-hyped, since I think everyone already expected the title to hit consoles, the same as HL2 and the Orange Box did. The ambiguousness of the "surprise" build up had a lot of Valve fans coming up with much bigger surprises that unfortunately weren't delivered. Such as HL2 Ep 3 and an upgrade to the Source engine.

Moving on, here's an up-close video showing off the 3DS: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-nintendo-3ds/101749

Aphasia

Walter said:
Yeah, saw it during Sony's show. Portal 2 be great, however, I don't mind waiting for it.

I think Valve's BIG SURPRISE was over-hyped, since I think everyone already expected the title to hit consoles, the same as HL2 and the Orange Box did. The ambiguousness of the "surprise" build up had a lot of Valve fans coming up with much bigger surprises that unfortunately weren't delivered. Such as HL2 Ep 3 and an upgrade to the Source engine.
Yeah, that's really too bad as I was expecting something along those lines, too. HL3 would've just completed E3 for me, but not entirely surprised it wasn't taunted. I just have to decide what platform to get Portal on now...guess we have enough time to think about it.

3DS... :ganishka: Now that would've been a surprise.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
I just have to decide what platform to get Portal on now...guess we have enough time to think about it.
With Valve, always get the PC version.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
Just went "watched" the live blog of the Nintendo Developer Round Table, where some of the concept art for Skyward Sword was revealed last year, I guess the highlight of it was a "We're working on it" about Pikmin 3.

Better than nothing, but at this rate the game might as well come out on the Wii 2...

Walter said:

Yeah, while I liked Portal it was just a bonus of the Orange Box to me. If Portal 2 is just more of the same I won't be getting it until the price drops down. Give us more Half-Life, damn it!

Walter said:
Moving on, here's an up-close video showing off the 3DS: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-nintendo-3ds/101749

Looking good, if a little rough. These are probably still prototypal. Anyway, the games listed so far are quite promising. It's just missing a 3D 2D Castlevania (you know what I mean) to be perfect.

And with all these ports, I can't help but wonder about, you know... A Berserk game for the 3DS. Coming to you next April! :troll:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Aazealh said:
And with all these ports, I can't help but wonder about, you know... A Berserk game for the 3DS. Coming to you next April! :troll:
fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on you again :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
God I can't wait for the 3DS to come out. Can't refrain the urge. Was just reading hands-on impressions of people raving about it... Gah, why won't they give us a date!

In the meantime, some Ghost Trick (NDS game) gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCo-ElPL9mk
And the DK Country Returns trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-donkey-kong/101484?type=flv

There are also new Lords of Shadow pictures around and I think they look pretty nice.

EDIT: After reading some hands-on feedback on the new Zelda, it seems the game's controls are actually very well polished and that the technical problems during the presentation really spoiled what could have been an awesome demo (well, that and the fact Miyamoto sucks at it :iva:). The game's also going to push the Wii MotionPlus, with enemies requiring to be slashed at specific angles and all. No more "waggle".

As for the art direction, it apparently is inspired by the Impressionism art movement and is going for more than just a mix between WW and TP. The graphics and soundtrack are not final and still being worked on. Besides that they're creating more open zones, allowing for more choice with the demo dungeon having 2 alternate paths leading to 2 different bosses. In other words they're trying to dust off the series. I'm going to go ahead and have faith on that one. I want to believe it'll be awesome.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Here the new trailer of Castlevania LoS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jYrYr7ZCm8

And I wonder who this guy is..

35533311.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
Here the new trailer of Castlevania LoS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jYrYr7ZCm8

Thanks for posting it. I think it's looking better and better, and I approve of the inclusion of traditional folklore figures like the Baba Yaga. I also like that they're not pretending to ignore the obvious possibilities of the premise (it's a trap, the mask resurrects people as vampires, etc.). It certainly is shaping up to be the best 3D Castlevania game yet, and the only one worthy of the title.

Marik said:
And I wonder who this guy is..

It's a tad dark to be able to tell...

Daijyashin

Aazealh said:
Thanks for posting it. I think it's looking better and better, and I approve of the inclusion of traditional folklore figures like the Baba Yaga. I also like that they're not pretending to ignore the obvious possibilities of the premise (it's a trap, the mask resurrects people as vampires, etc.). It certainly is shaping up to be the best 3D Castlevania game yet, and the only one worthy of the title.

Indeed. It looks impressive, and I concur on the fact that the hard work behind this game makes it worthy of the brand. Can't wait to play it!! :mozgus:

Moreover Cox said that after this game, apart from the number of copies sold, they will have the green light from Konami to pursue on this way, but I'm sure that everyone will be excited just with this LoS!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I'm excited about the new Zelda. What we got from the trailers is just how the game's gonna work using all the Wii technology. I'm sure when it comes out, I'll love it.

Kid Icarus... wow, I cannot wait!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
Guys I think this game is gonna be great: http://www.psnstores.com/2010/06/e3-new-psn-title-journey/

Consumption of hallucinogens mandatory to enjoy the experience? :void:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
A new Silent Hill was announced: http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Manic+Maverick/new-silent-hill-e3-2010-horrorgasm-176781.phtml

I'm not sure how I feel about this game right now, but I can honestly say I dislike that they are sticking with what the "other world" from the movie looked like(Silent Hill 2's world was just as good, or come up with a new one!).

Honestly I think they need to consider revamping the monsters(hopefully they'll finally retire the nurse monster with this game), coming up with some new designs for the Other World and work more on improving the story. Also, they are now using Daniel Licht for the creation of the soundtrack. I think changing the composer was a good move, because it didn't seem like they had Akira Yamaoka doing too much with creating new tracks for the games (never played Silent Hill Shattered Memories, so correct me if i'm wrong please), so bringing in new blood might help.

Either way I don't see Silent Hill competing well, with games like Dead Space or Alan Wake.

I think Space Marine looks fun: http://video.destructoid.com/#165839

And the new Castelvania looks amazing.

Aphasia

Bekul said:
Heh. Yeah, I'd say this about sums up this year's E3.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/6/16/
Hahah, that's hilarious...Reggie is cracking me up. They just laid down the competition with a metric shit ton of awesome software.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I'm not sure how I feel about this game right now, but I can honestly say I dislike that they are sticking with what the "other world" from the movie looked like(Silent Hill 2's world was just as good, or come up with a new one!).

Honestly I think they need to consider revamping the monsters(hopefully they'll finally retire the nurse monster with this game), coming up with some new designs for the Other World and work more on improving the story. Also, they are now using Daniel Licht for the creation of the soundtrack. I think changing the composer was a good move, because it didn't seem like they had Akira Yamaoka doing too much with creating new tracks for the games (never played Silent Hill Origins, so correct me if i'm wrong please), so bringing in new blood might help.

The Konami conference was lackluster it seems. Is anyone interested in their new title NeverDead? A game in the vein of Devil May Cry, apparently. Here's the trailer. Can't say I care myself. As for Silent Hill, it's going down the road RE would have taken had Capcom not made it more action-oriented. I can't seem to care about it. Lastly Igarashi seems to have fallen out of favor within Konami. His online project strikes me as a cheap and less than interesting side-project. Hopefully he'll have the opportunity to do something serious on the 3DS once that multiplayer thing is out of the way.

In other news, it seems Goldeneye is coming out for the NDS (not the 3DS apparently) as well as on the Wii, and the 3DS will have a function to install multiple games so that players don't have to carry 10 cards at all times. Awesome news, but I hope there isn't a catch. Personally my biggest fear would be for the system to be region locked. Being able to buy US or even Japanese games is quite a boon when your country is disregarded by publishers.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Is anyone interested in their new title NeverDead? A game in the vein of Devil May Cry, apparently. Here's the trailer. Can't say I care myself.
Nope, the game just looks like shit.

As for Silent Hill, it's going down the road RE would have taken had Capcom not made it more action-oriented. I can't seem to care about it.
Agreed, but maybe they'll be able to have Hideo Kojima come in and fix the game series for them one day. Until then, they should stop allowing anyone that asks to make a new Silent Hill.

Aphasia

Hey guys! I came across this intel pertaining to the story of Skyward Sword, quoted from Destructoid. Thought it would be worth passing on.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has E3 attendees going nuts with talk about its graphics and gameplay features, but no one is talking about the game's story. Well, actually, Nintendo's Eiji Aonuma is. He knows because he's overseeing the game. He spoke to attendees at a Nintendo roundtable discussion tonight, giving us new details on Skyward's story,

You may have seen that at the end of the Skyward trailer that Link jumps off a cliff. This is actually a very important event in the game's story. As Aonuma explains it, Link was born and raised in a city that floats high above the world, called Sky Loft. Link believes that this is perfectly normal, and isn't aware that a totally different area exists in the land below him.

One day he does finally hear of the world below, and somehow Link is forced to go to this world. Although this world is dangerous and ruled by evil, Link jumps down to begin his adventure, which will take him back and forth between Sky Loft and this land below.

We also learned details on the "sword" part of the game's name. It seems that Link's sword leads him to this other land. This Skyward Sword has the ability to transform into a humanoid form, and can give Link guidance and direction. After having some difficulty beating around the bush, Aonuma comes right out and says that this Skyward Sword actually becomes the Master Sword.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
Link was born and raised in a city that floats high above the world, called Sky Loft. Link believes that this is perfectly normal, and isn't aware that a totally different area exists in the land below him.

One day he does finally hear of the world below, and somehow Link is forced to go to this world. Although this world is dangerous and ruled by evil, Link jumps down to begin his adventure, which will take him back and forth between Sky Loft and this land below.

We also learned details on the "sword" part of the game's name. It seems that Link's sword leads him to this other land. This Skyward Sword has the ability to transform into a humanoid form, and can give Link guidance and direction... this Skyward Sword actually becomes the Master Sword.

There's the game's premise in a nutshell. Well done, but maybe they should have put that kind of stuff in the trailer?

Now that the show is over, I've been thinking about what games had the most impact on me. Here's the games that have been floating around my head all week, in order of impact:

-Dead Space 2
-Deus Ex: Human Revolution
-Everything on 3DS =)
-Metroid: Other M
-Gran Turismo 5
-Donkey Kong Country Returns
-Portal 2

These are all games I intend to purchase, one way or another.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
. Is anyone interested in their new title NeverDead? A game in the vein of Devil May Cry, apparently. Here's the trailer.

Looks cool to me. Though I don't think the hero seems all that interesting. I just really enjoy those type of games.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Aphasia said:
We also learned details on the "sword" part of the game's name. It seems that Link's sword leads him to this other land. This Skyward Sword has the ability to transform into a humanoid form, and can give Link guidance and direction.
Hurray, another Navi. :schierke:
(i actually JUST realized that Navi stands for Navigator :isidro:)

HeavyWeather

Heavy Rainfall Activated
I just saw the trailer for Warhammer 40k: Dark Millenium Online.
Please excuse me while I prepare to bid my soul goodbye. :femto:

Aphasia

Walter said:
There's the game's premise in a nutshell. Well done, but maybe they should have put that kind of stuff in the trailer?
I agree, I would have loved to see these details in the trailer. I'm assuming they're just waiting until closer to release date to hype the game with another more rounded trailer. It sounds like it could be a very interesting place to begin links story though. Quite the deviation from your average peaceful village.

Daijyashin

Just for a complete information about Castlevania LoS and his widely success at E3:

clos2.jpg
clos3.jpg

clos4.jpg
clos6.jpg

clos5.jpg
clos5.jpg

Nice to notice that there are even trolls from folklore(I'm assuming it since they resemble to those of Berserk, and as we know Miura uses the folklore)
And here we have a gameplay against some werewolves and our old dear uncle Warg. :casca:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-castlevania-lords/101679

Impressive the light effect with the rain!! :azan:

Top Bottom