19&20

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ShinHell9 said:
could someone tell me what happened in volumes 19 & 20?
I dont have my manga's handy but heres a very quick summary:

Volume 19:
Casca and Nina are abducted by Cultists who think Casca is their queen. They take Casca to be "united" with their leader, a man wearing a goat head (as seen in vol 3). The cult meets in a cave and is influenced by the evil there. They turn into zombies/crazy naked, head-biting people and begin to attack the H.I.C.Ks who have come to quell their little rebellion. The Beherit-Apostle punctured the Goat man, he subsequently turns into SUPER goat man. Just as he and Casca are about to become reunited, a huge sword slices through his member and suddenly, Guts is there. In one swing, (or thousands, its hard to tell with the beautifully done paneling) zombies fall to pieces. Guts and Casca make eye contact (this is the first time theyve seen each other in over 2 years)
Guts fights and kills the goat apostle, mostly t h a n k s to his new weaponry from Godo.
At this point, the HICKs have captured Casca and Nina, thanks to Isidro's fuck up (he let Casca get too far ahead) and they are taking them both to the Temple in Albion to be questioned and/or executed.
Guts fights Serpico on a ledge, where Serpico has a very strong situational (environmental) advantage. Guts uses a sticky bomb but serpico is able to dodge it. When Guts finally gets an advantage, Serpico goes around Guts, steals a sticky bomb from Guts pouch and uses it. Guts' only defense is to turn and block the blast with the dragon slayer. Serpico escapes (wondering why he tried to attack such a powerful opponent), Guts continues to the Albion temple.
Mozgus sees Casca's brand and puts her n an Iron Maiden, which comes alive with spirits. The spirits are acidic and flood the temple, but not before Mozgus and his disciples are stung by the Beherit-Apostle and turned into...!

-End of Volume 19-

20 is too dialogue intensive for me to summarize to the detail I did with 19, off hand. Check thehawks.org forums and the Manga Scrips thread (at bottom of bbs) which has Volume 20 fully translated.

But heres a VERY ROUGH summary:

Guts fights Mozgus' disciples (who have sprouted wings, and gained heightened powers). He defeats 2 of them using the spinning shot technique he developed when fighting the Guardians in Roshinu's forest (see vol 15). While this is happening, Jerome (from the HICKS), Luca, Farnese and Serpico all get somewhat seperated. The Albion Tower slowly crumbles because of the acidic spirit, who has grown in size. The tower now resembles the Hand that we saw at the eclipse in volume 13.
Serpico grabs Farnese's arm, catching her from falling (mirroring what happened with Griff/Guts. As Skully promised, things are re-occuring )
Skully saved Luca from falling off the tower, and they eventually meet up with the catalyst of all this, the Beherit-Apostle. It and Skully fight, and Skully manages to chop off all its tentacles, but it makes off with Luca. It then tells Luca how it came to be, a very important scene (check thehawks.org, following the instructions above).
Skully rescues Luca and the Beherit Apostle escapes. As Skully and Luca emerge from the cave, they see the Acidic Spirit has risen from the graveyard (I think thats what happened anyway...) Skully tells Luca to go as far away as possible if she values her life, but Luca still needs to make sure her Nina and Jerome are alright, so she re-enters the fray. Skully squares off with Zodd, who has come to mirror the events of the eclipse. They draw swords.

Oh yeah.. at some point, Guts saw shadows form on the Hand that resemble the outline of the God Hand. He goes crazy for a few moments and slices them in piececs, but they just keep reforming. Then Guts remembers that Skully said that they are only shadows of the eclipse.

Thats it.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
thanx walter, I have 21,22,23,24 but that online store that said "walters preffered manga store" was sold out of 19&20...also therse no translations of 19&20 as far as i've looked.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ShinHell9 said:
thanx walter, I have 21,22,23,24 but that online store that said "walters preffered manga store" was sold out of 19&20...also therse no translations of 19&20 as far as i've looked.
The Hawks forums have them in the manga scripts section, which is towards the very bottom of the forum. Link is:

Volume 19

Volume 20

Top Bottom