Art of War Ideas for NEW items

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Okay, so I got this email from AOW and I thought I'd share it with everyone! At first I was like...I can't share this, it's too good! But then I was like...What would Guts do?

Basically let your imagination go wild and come up with a sick and detailed explanation for their next big project. Winner gets SWAG. Serious Swag.

Dearest Customers,

ART OF WAR wants to hear about your ideas.
We are going to launch a contest to collect suggestions on how Berserk new items should be designed.

Most importantly, once your proposal is adopted, you will have a chance to win a free statue with serial No.1 name plate, which is designed by your ideas.
In addition, as a participant, you may win a 10,000 Yen off coupon if your ideas are amazingly great.
So please join this event! We are looking forward to every single voice.

Your ideas may include:
- Which character is the next collection you want to own?
- Which scene of the original story does your idea come from?
- What is the appropriate size for this item?
- What kind of color is an ideal match for this item image?
- Or any demands for Berserk new items…

Grand Prize (One Winner Only): Free Statue with Serial No.1 Name Plate, which is designed by your ideas

Special Prize (Unlimited Winners): 10,000 Yen off Coupon
Application Period: from 25th June (Fri) to 8th July (Thu), 2010

How to Attend: Please send your creative ideas as detailed as possible to assist@art-of-war.co.jp

------------------------------------------------------------------
Attention:
(1) Submitting a proposal does not guarantee that your idea will become one of AOW's future projects.
(2) If there are several similar great proposals from different participants, we will randomly choose the winner.
(3) The lucky winner and great thinkers will be announced in the middle of August 2010 by AOW news letter.
(4) If your proposal is adopted, the right of this Berserk item will belong to AOW.

Thank you for your attention.

Yours sincerely,
ART OF WAR

I'm pumped. This is too easy to not have a go at. Who's with me? :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
And they even included a link to unsubscribe from their newsletter for the first time ever! Truly a historical email. :void:

Aphasia said:
Okay, so I got this email from AOW and I thought I'd share it with everyone! At first I was like...I can't share this, it's too good! But then I was like...What would Guts do?

Basically let your imagination go wild and come up with a sick and detailed explanation for their next big project. Winner gets SWAG. Serious Swag.

Thx for telling us BUT they announced this on their site as well haha :ubik:

Aphasia

berserk777 said:
Thx for telling us BUT they announced this on their site as well haha :ubik:
True...but not everyone checks their website (let alone the merchandise forum) so maybe more people will see this thread and decide to enter!

If I remember right there was even a thread a while back with people complaining about AOW not making statues of Serpico and or other characters. Now they're asking for it so you guys have no excuse to not enter.

I don't know about you guys but I'm gonna go Berserk over this! :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
If I remember right there was even a thread a while back with people complaining about AOW not making statues of Serpico and or other characters. Now they're asking for it so you guys have no excuse to not enter.

Just so you know, this isn't the first time AOW's asked us for ideas.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I would purchase a statue of Guts clumsily tossing Silat's circular blades with a goofy smile on his face.

Aphasia

The Beast of Darkness said:
Funny, I was about to say the same thing...
If I remember well, they've done it two times by the past.
Oh! That's cool that they're open to suggestions. I wasn't aware. Have they ever adopted any ideas directly from the community?
Gobolatula said:
I would purchase a statue of Guts clumsily tossing Silat's circular blades with a goofy smile on his face.
Fantastic idea...that would be pretty funny.

Edited for supreme secrecy!

Awesome!

...I really would like them to do one of the less commonly made characters. That is, not Guts, or Skull Knight, or Griffith. Serpico and Farnese, for example, or more of the God Hand, or Schierke and Isidro, Puck and Ivarella.

Awesome as the Guts and Skull Knight etc sculpts are, well. And I would of course enjoy seeing more, but they've kind of... been done.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
Have they ever adopted any ideas directly from the community?

They didn't explicitly say so but it's probable, yeah.

Aphasia said:
I was considering something like Guts and Casca falling together into the river, like an in-action Diorama of sorts...or Serpico in the hall of pillars. Both I think would make an interesting piece. :serpico:
Bekul said:
...I really would like them to do one of the less commonly made characters. That is, not Guts, or Skull Knight, or Griffith. Serpico and Farnese, for example, or more of the God Hand, or Schierke and Isidro, Puck and Ivarella.

You guys aren't supposed to put your ideas down in the thread; remember there's a prize to win.

Aazealh said:
They didn't explicitly say so but it's probable, yeah.

You guys aren't supposed to put your ideas down in the thread; remember there's a prize to win.

When's the deadline again? I'm not aiming to win. My ultimate motive is get them to LISTEN and make another slan figure. July 25th deadline?

Aphasia

berserk777 said:
When's the deadline again? I'm not aiming to win. My ultimate motive is get them to LISTEN and make another slan figure. July 25th deadline?
That would be awesome. You have until the 8th of July.

Got my ideas submitted finally, got some I have been thinking about for a while. Took a while since i worked a 53 hour week.

Fellmark said:
Got my ideas submitted finally, got some I have been thinking about for a while. Took a while since i worked a 53 hour week.

I submitted mine as well but I told them the point wasn't to win but to get them to make my statue into a reality so that I can buy it and have it displayed. Since it is past the submitting deadline are we allowed to reveal our ideas here?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
berserk777 said:
Since it is past the submitting deadline are we allowed to reveal our ideas here?

I have no problem with it, but maybe AOW would prefer to keep the submissions for themselves. You might want to ask them first if you want to be safe. Otherwise just go ahead.

Aazealh said:
I have no problem with it, but maybe AOW would prefer to keep the submissions for themselves. You might want to ask them first if you want to be safe. Otherwise just go ahead.

I'll wait till they announce the winner first then put my idea here.

ddiaz said:
i just got me email yesterday on who the winners are. Did anyone here win?

Holy sheeyit. I just checked. I am one of the Grand Prize Winners!!!! My idea was the cover of Volume 13!

13cover.jpg

A bit of luck was involved, however, as they told me a few people had submitted the same idea, so they had to randomly choose the "Grand Prize Winner." I can't help but be extremely thankful to my lucky stars!!!

As far as the other winners, here they are:

Grand Prize Winners

■Customer ID: 6814
-"Knight of Skeleton", from Berserk Volume 9/ Chapter No.37 (page. 5.)

■Customer ID: 4030
-“Guts & Casca”, from the cover of Berserk Volume 13.

Grand Prize winner will get a free statue which is designed by his/her idea, with a serial No.1 nameplate.

*Please note:
(1) New items will not be exactly the same as customers’ proposals. ART OF WAR will decide details when developing new items.
(2) ART OF WAR will have the copyright of new items.
(3) New projects may be stopped due to unavoidable reasons.
…………………………………………………………………………
Special Prize Winners

■Customer ID: 6581
-"Head of Zodd", a wall decoration.

■Customer ID: 5327
-“The Reunion”, from Berserk Volume 19/ Chapter No.148 (page. 98-99.)

Special Prize winner will get 10,000 Yen off on his/her next purchase.

Not sure what the "Head of Zodd" wall decoration is, but the other winners are these:

sk_9_5.jpg

guts_19_98.jpg

Now, let's hear everyone's ideas?!!?!? My other submissions were the following:

beast.jpg

gutscasca_hug.jpg

gutscasca_rope.jpg

gutscasca_tree.jpg

irvine.jpg

schierke_berserker.jpg

schierke_dock.jpg

serpico.jpg

My favorite of those is the Schierke / Dock one. I hope one day that one will be made!!!

ddiaz said:
What luck!!! I also submitted the guts and casca from the cover of volume 13....

Hey ddiaz. Awww man, sorry to hear that. :sad: I have a feeling that probably a good amount of people submitted this idea. It really is a good one, and a no-brainer for customers to buy. It's probably one of the most famous scenes in the entire story, and fans that have only watched the anime can still enjoy this too.

Anyhow, I wonder how they are going to design the base.

Top Bottom