TRON: Legacy

In case anyone needs a negative review without spoilers, here are my impressions: the movie is completely dumb and when, after about 40 minutes, you notice that the movie is irreversibly dumb and you decide to turn your brain off in order to try and enjoy it a little, it proceeds to be even more dumb and ends up as the Dumbest Movie Of The Year.

The main character is the worst I've seen in a while. He's completely bland, and the actor knows it.

Those cool as hell visuals you saw at the trailers are completely ruined by the dimness that comes with the 3D glasses. This movie is basically a lot of neon bright lights on a lot of dark objects. The 3D glasses ruin that contrast, and the 3D effects are totally forgettable. In fact, I only remember the good old ones: shit flying at your face in high speed to make you go "ah!!" and then giggle with your girlfriend.

There's about 20 minutes of Daft Punk songs throughout the movie, the rest sounds like Hans Zimmer at his worst.

Clu, the character that is Jeff Bridges in CGI, does not look like a young Jeff Bridges. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Polar_Express_(film)

The plot is pretty lame and does not make sense when you think about it for one minute (and they talk about it for a lot more than one minute). This movie's plot is worse than Tron's plot, but in Tron we kinda forgive it because it's not filled with melodrama and a shitload of pointless dialogue.

Good points: since you're all embarrassed, I'll go ahead and be the first to say Olivia Wilde and the other chicks look great in those outfits. In fact, all the outfits and visuals are pretty rad. Also, there are some lines that I'm sure the director told Jeff Bridges to sound just like The Dude.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Eluvei said:
In case anyone needs a negative review without spoilers, here are my impressions: the movie is completely dumb and when, after about 40 minutes, you notice that the movie is irreversibly dumb and you decide to turn your brain off in order to try and enjoy it a little, it proceeds to be even more dumb and ends up as the Dumbest Movie Of The Year.

To be fair though, who could have seen that coming from the 30 years later sequel to Tron? I mean, throw in original story elements like the son searching for his father, plus an evil twin to contend with (!), and I thought we were heading for a perfect film here. :carcus:

Maybe I'm too hopeful, but with hundreds of thousands of dollars, I believe it's possible to make an enjoyable action flick set in a world where pretty much anything can happen, so I won't be forgiving just because it sounds terrible. I mean, the trailer is great. If the bullshit stopped when he entered Tron's world, it'd be a great movie.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I think you had fair expectations, what I was saying is that as impressive as the trailer was it still had all the raw materials for a stinker.

Eluvei said:
The plot is pretty lame and does not make sense when you think about it for one minute (and they talk about it for a lot more than one minute). This movie's plot is worse than Tron's plot, but in Tron we kinda forgive it because it's not filled with melodrama and a shitload of pointless dialogue.

I liked how Kevin Flynn is supposed to be this computer genius, yet he devises an entry/exit system into and out of the grid that boggles the mind.

You can get into the grid from the basement of Flynn's arcade, yet to get back to the real world you have to embark upon an epic journey to a distant portal that's rapidly closing. Oh, and don't be late, or you'll be stuck in the grid for the rest of your natural life. :ganishka:

If this was indeed his brilliant system, why didn't he keep a jet glider handy at all times instead of his crusty old lightcycle so he could just get there in a heartbeat?

I realize this serves the plot, but still...the screenwriters need to take a course in not being so transparent.

Top Bottom