Figures/Statues (that aren't Berserk or Vagabond related)

Oh yeah, I loved them in their black gear a lot more than the silver. It looks bold, defiant, and different. I honestly wish they made more figures for the series, and I'd definitely pick up Miria, Teresa, and awakened Yoma like Priscilla, Riful <3

I'm jealous you have that Lego metal X-Wing! For the longest time I've been tempted to jump into Lego Star Wars because they have the Imperial Fleet's ships and the Death Star. But, I'm glad I'm not biting in yet, too expensive.

I'll post pictures probably tonight when I get home or tomorrow night with an update on the cabinets, it's been a bit of a rocky start. As for winning the Lottery, I WISH!! I began buying stuff around July or late June I think, around the same time I began posting on here. Till then it just didn't strike me, I mean I've had figures as a kid (full He-Man set, full GI Joe set) but it started with 1 figure and I found myself pre-ordering figures all the way through releases this December. So every month, my pre-orders get available and if I have the cash, I pay for it and get it :p ... lets just say I'm breaking into my Moneykeptasideforwhenyougetmarried Savings Account :farnese:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Nice collection! I've got Tashigi, Ace, Smoker and the Major from Ghost in the Shell. Keep them in boxes, though. Was thinking about selling them, but meh.

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
I figured I would throw down some pictures of a few of my favorite figures as well!

Suzumiya Haruhi from Alter
1000385e.jpg

Black Rock Shooter. IncantatioN, go ahead and order this now, you won't regret it!
1000387h.jpg

My grail from any 1/144th Gundam line, The Deep Striker Gundam Fix Figuration. :guts: And Revoltech Enki, Enkidu and Lazengann!
1000391xg.jpg

Bandai's Chogokin DX VF-27 Lucifer, Brera custom!
1000393t.jpg

And Luca's VF-25R
1000397l.jpg

And Iron Man by Bowen!
1000401c.jpg

Whoa, dude, that's sweet. You're entiiiiiicccciiiiing me to start picking up BRS figures, man. The thing I love about her figures is the way they ground's playful arrangement under the figure. You a Macross fan too?! Cool cool. I have a VF-19A SVF-569 Lightnings to build. What's your preferred Gundam series?

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
IncantatioN said:
Whoa, dude, that's sweet. You're entiiiiiicccciiiiing me to start picking up BRS figures, man. The thing I love about her figures is the way they ground's playful arrangement under the figure.

I would likely pick up the black blade version and anime version is their bases were similar to the originals and Dead Masters.

IncantatioN said:
You a Macross fan too?! Cool cool. I have a VF-19A SVF-569 Lightnings to build.
Hell yeah, watched Macross Frontier last fall, and have been hooked since, I'm currently watching Macross: Zero, and am really enjoying it. The only series/movie I haven't seen yet is Macross 7.

Are those Bandai kits? 1/72? I hear they are pretty darn nice.

IncantatioN said:
What's your preferred Gundam series?

If I had to pick a series, it would be Zeta. Pretty much loved everything from it. Though my all time favorite Gundam story is the Gundam Sentinel novel. It's a lot less character driven, and more focused on tactics and technology. It's a great read if you enjoy that kind of thing!

Going to a sci-fi\comic\anime con this weekend, hopefully I'll get a chance to grab some new figures!

That Lightning kit is a 1/48 from Hasegawa ;). Good call on Zeta! I love the old school Gundam series, but Gundam 00 surprised me and turned out pretty decent heh. Did you grab a few figures at that convention, Jesterhead?

UPDATE: here's what I unboxed today ...

Hawkeye POP DX

IMG_4914.jpg

IMG_4917.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

IMG_4935.jpg

IMG_4940.jpg

IMG_4949.jpg

IMG_4928.jpg

Klan Klang Armored Version from Megahouse ... beautiful BUT took an hour for me to put together >_>' to the figure's defense, I was putting it together on an empty stomach :p

IMG_4998.jpg

IMG_4999.jpg

IMG_5000.jpg

IMG_4991.jpg

IMG_4985.jpg

IMG_4981.jpg

IMG_4974.jpg

IMG_4972.jpg

IMG_4964.jpg

IMG_4994.jpg

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
IncantatioN said:
That Lightning kit is a 1/48 from Hasegawa ;). Good call on Zeta! I love the old school Gundam series, but Gundam 00 surprised me and turned out pretty decent heh. Did you grab a few figures at that convention, Jesterhead?

I managed to pick up a Bowen War Machine for a great price! I'll snap some pictures tonight! I'm also back in the Gunpla mood these days and have some MG kits to post.

Love the Klan Klang, the only 1/72 figure that needs 1/48 chest armor! :carcus:
I'm tempted to pick her up myself, but the stand/base kinda turn me off, a simpler "S.M.S" base with one post would have been much nice IMO.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Here's my contribution. Please forgive the terrible lighting. At least you can see my collection! :badbone:

Man there are a lot of one piece fans in here.

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

C5.jpg

C8.jpg

And a couple of new additions..

C1.jpg

C6.jpg

C7.jpg

Aphasia

Turkitage said:
nice Black Rock Shooter and VN02 statues, Aphasia. I haven't seen the Miku Hatsune series but was probably going to get that statue regardless cause it looks so cool!

Also, didn't know about the BRS statue version you have. But I think I'll be getting this:
http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/2362/BLACK+ROCK+SHOOTER.html

Thanks! I like VN02, but man she's a tilter. You're making a good choice with that BRS, it's a little bigger than mine and the base is cooler. Mine is the "blade" version, I think.

Bump - did anyone pick up the new One Piece POP PVC's like Blackbeard, Vista, Marco, Akainu?

This's what I got recently.

Jinbei ... huge, love the detail of his web-hands.

IMG_5737.jpg

Mai ... <3

IMG_5763.jpg

turkitage

ターク
Oh you got Mai? nice. I always feel weird getting a statue that's too sexy like that. Friends would think even more weirdly of me. Though, I need to post a few more of my non berserk statues.

I hear you. If my parents come visit me, I'm hiding her! She's also as tall as Zodd II, Tetsuo's face is all up in her boobage and even Whitebeard has to look up to talk to her *shrugs*.

Dude, post away, can't wait to see more of your stuff. Maiku, DirectDK should also post on here! I could see Roy from FMA in Maiku's display cabinet from the other topic hehe.

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Been away from the site for a little bit, the last publication break was too damn long! :ganishka:

Here's a few small updates to my collection. I've been focusing on getting a Warhammer 40k army ready to go, so most of my spending money is going to wards that (I'll gladly post some pics when it's finished if there is interest). So on to the photos:

Bowen Classic War Machine:
1090420.jpg

Queadluun Rau and VT-1 Super Ostrich from Macross: Do You Remember Love?
1090403.jpg

And my collection of Evangelion New Movie Version Revoltechs:
1000421e.jpg

I'm way too jealous of your Klan Klang, IncantatioN! :mozgus:

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
That's a pretty cool collection Incantanction. I have to admit, as much as I am not a fan of Jpop, but somehow Macross Frontier does a good job in keeping people like myself interested. Either that or the element of nostalgia won me over. On that note... Klan Klan's Veratech Suit was the LEAST favorite moment, but that figure of yours makes it look good lol.

Jesterhead, where did you get that VT-1? And do you know if there's a Skull-1 version of it? Yes, if you haven't noticed, I'm a Macross Fan :badbone:

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Nomad said:
Jesterhead, where did you get that VT-1? And do you know if there's a Skull-1 version of it? Yes, if you haven't noticed, I'm a Macross Fan :badbone:

My GF picked it up on eBay for a Christmas present. HLJ had them on sale a little while ago at a GREAT price, but I'm not sure of they are still in stock.

The VT-1 only comes in the 'Trainer Orange' color scheme, like it was seen in the movie. But all of the 1/60 Yamato V2 Valkyries use the same body, and are amazing.

Whoa a VT-1 Super Ostrich?! I'm on a wait-list for that baby and it costs over $150 from that website at least, pre-shipping. There was a seller on Amazon or Ebay back in December who was selling it for $300, Nomad, check it out ^_^. Love the color on the QRau too, nice find!

Not sure there's a Skull-1 version of the VT's but there sure are for the VF's, Nomad! If you like, I'll PM you an inexpensive source.

Thanks for props on the Klan Klang PVC Jesterhead and Nomad ^_^. You're right N, as I was putting her together I was engulfed with such raaaaage cos some of the assemblies were too painstaking. Speaking of Macross Frontier's soundtrack, it hit # 1 which was unusual for an anime in a long time, which is incredible and I love those songs on there. The series was pretty good too imo. You could see hints of the old school meshed in.

Jersterhead, those Evangelion Revoltech's are 1/60 scale? Cool variety you've got on display. I have a soft spot for the 001.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
IncantatioN said:
Speaking of Macross Frontier's soundtrack, it hit # 1 which was unusual for an anime in a long time, which is incredible and I love those songs on there. The series was pretty good too imo. You could see hints of the old school meshed in.
I won't get too much into this seeing as this isn't related to the thread, but I agree. The soundtrack was good, and though I'm not a big fan of the whole giddy Japanese style, I even liked some of them. The entire old school reference is what got me. From even the series I despised *cough* Macross 7 *cough* to the even more mediocre ones *cough* Macross Zero *cough*... I was able to appreciate them. One thing about that series though, was the evolution of CG on standard Anime styles. It flowed nicely IMO, and it was a reference I debated in mentioning on the New Berserk Animation thread when a similar topic was brought up.

Anyways, if you could yes I would appreciate any information in the matter. I've never collected statues per say but any Macross related work has always sparked an interest. :beast:

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Nomad said:
I've never collected statues per say but any Macross related work has always sparked an interest. :beast:

Just to point out, the VT-1 (and all Yamatos Valkyries) is a fully articulated and transformable toy. It does all three modes near perfectly.

IncantatioN said:
Jersterhead, those Evangelion Revoltech's are 1/60 scale? Cool variety you've got on display. I have a soft spot for the 001.

I wish! They are way smaller, 1/60th version would be like 5-6' tall lol! I'm guessing around 1/175 - 1/200. But since the true height of the Evangelions was never really clear, it's impossible to tell.

One of the hardest things I did this evening ...

P1.jpg

... was to dispose of the boxes for my non-Berserk PVC's. But, I had no choice ... being strapped for space. I had 2 out of 4 closets full of just boxes and I had to decide before my Mom visited (which's in a few hours). I don't know how you guys deal with disposing of your PVC boxes or how you keep your boxes ... at times like these, I wish I had a house with a spare room/ basement or something. UGH! *contemplates going downstairs to get them back*. I made this wall, took a picture, stood there for a bit and stacked them up on the side before walking away :judo:

Aphasia

What a sad day! Say, you don't have an affinity towards One Piece, do you? :slan:

I think the boxes are really pretty. I haven't gotten rid of any of mine. Whenever I get a new PVC, which isn't very often, I just put the box in the closet and shut the door.

I kind of wish they had an option for minimal packaging. I'm not a big fan of digging the figure out of its plastic prison. I'm going to try to find a place to recycle all mine when I finally decide to get rid of them.

Hah! Yeah, I love One Piece. The manga is great, series had some issues just for me but the soundtrack, voice actors are just awesome. For a long-running series, the writing is brilliant. I made some room in the apartment because of those boxes I got rid of, but it still isn't enough.

Top Bottom