Volume 35's cover

What do you think will be on the cover of the newest volume?

• Falconia

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • The Sea Horse at sea

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Entourage shot (ex. vol 24-25)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Guts doing something

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Other... (specify)

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The volume is set to be published at the end of September, which gives us about a month and some change to speculate on what's going to be on the cover of it.

Volume 35 will likely contain eps 307-316, unless it gets stunted due to the current release schedule, and only contains up to 315. That being the case, it will have a sliver of Falconia in it before it shifts full-steam over to Guts and Co. at sea in ep 308. That's why I suggested Falconia as a cover option, given how major an event it is for the series.

Personally, I'm rooting for a shot of the Sea Horse on the ocean. I think Miura could make that look awesome. And with all the focus on the ocean in this volume, it's very fitting.

So what do you guys think will be on the cover?

I went with Falconia, because it does make sense. As I clicked it, I thought maybe, just maybe he'd get Skull Knight and a Griffith 'versus' shot or something similar.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I said other, I'm thinking of the sea horse but being chased by the ghost ship underwater and on the distance the solitary island perhaps.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I'd love to see Falconia or the Sea Horse, but I voted for the Guts shot thinking he has to be a lock since otherwise would mean three consecutive covers without him, something that's never happened before (plus, it's kind of his thing =). Strangely enough, out of the four five times he wasn't featured, twice the Gutsless covers came in consecutive pairs, volumes 20 & 21, and now 33 & 34, with the triple in play.
So, perhaps we'll witness history with volume 35, but history currently says, when in doubt about the cover, bet on Guts. :guts:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I'm really hoping for another awesome group shot. OR perhaps something completely off-the-wall like a "foreshadowing" cover (like volume 18's).

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
i voted for Falconia on the cover, but i can definitely also see it being guts vs a bunch of tentacles, or something like the scene when they leave the bar. (or guts sitting in the bar with a beer would be awesome too :troll:)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Strangely enough, out of the four times he wasn't featured, the Gutsless covers came in consecutive pairs, volumes 20 & 21, and now 33 & 34, with the triple in play.

What about volume 12? :femto:

Gobolatula said:
I'm really hoping for another awesome group shot. OR perhaps something completely off-the-wall like a "foreshadowing" cover (like volume 18's).

Same here, but I voted for the Guts shot purely because of statistics. That being said it doesn't have to be an "action" shot.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I kind of want it to be Falconia now.. but I've already voted with my heart -- The Sea Horse! :???: Aha! I enabled vote changing.

Aazealh said:
I voted for the Guts shot purely because of statistics. That being said it doesn't have to be an "action" shot.
Yeah, I didn't mean to preclude it from being Guts NOT in an action shot, that's just the wording that came to me as I wrote the post. I'll fix it. Now it's: "Guts doing something."

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
It's gotta be Guts vs. the tentacles. Either that or someone/something we haven't seen yet that will show up in the next episode (if it's in the volume, that is).

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
What about volume 12? :femto:

volume12.jpg

What about it? :griffnotevil:

Yeah, I always forget to count 12 because I think of 20+21 as the starting point for that trend. In any case, I fixed it! :troll:

Rhombaad said:
It's gotta be Guts vs. the tentacles.

That's a pretty darn good guess.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Though my gut tells me it won't be tentacles on the cover, I can't really argue against it because it could truly be anything.

If you guys want to check this page every so often, a small image of the cover normally shows up on this website before anywhere else: http://www.s-book.net/plsql/slib_detail?isbn=9784592144359 That is, unless we get a preview of it in the next YA before it's posted to that site.

The "Guts doing something" option reminded me of that image that accompanied episode 308:
308fw.jpg

Of course I don't know wether it will end up as a poster or the cover or neither, but I could definitely imagine volume 35 with this on the cover. I'd prefer it to be something new, though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Staralfur said:
Of course I don't know wether it will end up as a poster or the cover or neither, but I could definitely imagine volume 35 with this on the cover. I'd prefer it to be something new, though.

Covers are never revealed in advance anymore, so you can be sure it's not going to be that one. :slan:

Ah, OK, sorry, I didn't know that! :serpico:
Well I voted for Guts anyway, because it seems the most likely, and if we don't see the tentacles, at least I'd expect something related to the sea, or the island, or the pirate ship.

My vote is for something on the ocean, and it would be awesome if the cover was not only somehow awesome, but in some way featured the pirate captain in a totally a awesome way.
One that I can't even begin to imagine. Or maybe we will get Isma.

I'd like to see one of the following as the cover: Azan Sleeping while Guts is chopping tentacles in the background or Magnifico sick in bed. :ganishka:

Staralfur said:
The "Guts doing something" option reminded me of that image that accompanied episode 308:
308fw.jpg

Anyone have a larger version of this? It'd be awesome to have as reference.

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
I'm hoping that The Sea Horse will be featured on Volume 35's cover. The sea-faring, pirate-y adventure Guts and his companions are having now is a once in a manga situation, and I'd like it to be highlighted that much more!

Top Bottom