Volume 35's cover

What do you think will be on the cover of the newest volume?

• Falconia

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • The Sea Horse at sea

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Entourage shot (ex. vol 24-25)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Guts doing something

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Other... (specify)

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Thanks Gobby!

Rhombaad said:
It's gotta be Guts vs. the tentacles.

FTW.

Walter said:
Guts wins! :ubik: .... :judo:

You gotta play the percentages in the Berserk cover handicapping biz! :badbone:

Eluvei said:
I think it looks great, even though I was expecting The Sea Horse. I like it more than that ep. 308 promo.

I don't know, I thought the other one is the kind of dynamic image that would really jump off a cover. This one's more of a yeoman-like effort, or maybe that's just the vibe I'm getting watching Guts going to work there, which I can always dig.

Still, is this the first image of Guts based on an Art of War statue? :iva: :miura:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the preview Gobs. The cover is as expected. I like it a lot overall, although Guts' face looks a bit odd. But then again that might just be the picture. Wouldn't be the first time.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
I like it a lot overall, although Guts' face looks a bit odd. But then again that might just be the picture.

On the bright side, there's kind of an Arnie vibe to it. :badbone:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I gotta give props to Grail who spotted the ad in the YA magazine while we were driving back from Kinokuniya in Japantown.

In the latest issue is part 2 of Nico Nicholson's comic interview thingie with Kentarou Miura. It looks to me like there might be more tidbits on his process from the looks of it.

I'll scan the volume 35 ad when I get home from work today :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
In the latest issue is part 2 of Nico Nicholson's comic interview thingie with Kentarou Miura. It looks to me like there might be more tidbits on his process from the looks of it.

It should be very interesting, about how he does storyboards. I'll give you a run-down once I get my greasy paws on it.

Aazealh said:
By the way, the coverage of Miura will continue in YA's next issue, #18 (it'll be about how he creates storyboards apparently)!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, there's always a chance there will be some high-seas adventuring and Falconia in the inserted poster.

WOW! I want to frame that! Although..I'm with you on Guts's face, Aazealh. S'cool, though. MY LOVE FOR GUTS'S CONCENTRATED MANLINESS™ IS AS PURE AS THE WIND DRIVEN SNOW! :badbone:

Now, to get my hands on an issue of YA...time to seduce a friend stationed in Okinawa..

:slan:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Madam President said:
Now, to get my hands on an issue of YA...time to seduce a friend stationed in Okinawa..

You should be able to get it in the US through a special order in any good Japanese bookstore.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Well, I'll be damned. I can't wait until the volume shows up later this month at Kinokuniya. That and Vol. 34 should be shipping soon from Dark Horse. It's going to be a good month. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be interested in seeing how quickly Dark Horse turns around volume 35. With the release of volume 34, they finally caught up to the japanese editions.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Aazealh said:
The cover is as expected. I like it a lot overall, although Guts' face looks a bit odd. But then again that might just be the picture. Wouldn't be the first time.

Guts' face looked a little funny to me too. Not so much in terms of shape, but it seemed like the lines around his mouth and under his eyes were way more pronounced than usual.

Regardless, it's still a gorgeous cover. I was rooting for the group shot myself, but I can never complain about a Guts action shot. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
Guts' face looked a little funny to me too. Not so much in terms of shape, but it seemed like the lines around his mouth and under his eyes were way more pronounced than usual.

Yeah. Might be the printing in YA; as I'm sure you noticed the cyan seems way too pronounced in the picture, both on the armor and on Guts' white patch of hair. Maybe it also made those lines more prominent and visible than they were supposed to be.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
I'll be interested in seeing how quickly Dark Horse turns around volume 35. With the release of volume 34, they finally caught up to the japanese editions.

My guess is that they will draw the wait out about as long as they did with Vol. 34. Now that we're caught up, they seem to be slowing down the release schedule quite a bit.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
I didn't find the wait that long for vol 34. How long did we wait again? I know it was originally due for August and got pushed back for September (last week to be precised). I'm guessing we,ll wait at least 6 to 8 months before we get it in English. They might go to the same pace Eden goes right now...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
jackson_hurley said:
I didn't find the wait that long for vol 34. How long did we wait again? I know it was originally due for August and got pushed back for September (last week to be precised). I'm guessing we,ll wait at least 6 to 8 months before we get it in English. They might go to the same pace Eden goes right now...

It's been about a year between the Japanese and English releases of Vol. 34, but I'm pretty sure they hadn't caught up to the Japanese releases yet, so it was closer to 7 or 8 months after Vol. 33 was released in the States.

P.S. - Just placed my pre-order for Vol. 35 on www.yesasia.com. I can't wait for it to get here! :guts:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
here's that scan i promised. sorry it took so long...
berserk35ad.jpg

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Rhombaad said:
It's been about a year between the Japanese and English releases of Vol. 34, but I'm pretty sure they hadn't caught up to the Japanese releases yet, so it was closer to 7 or 8 months after Vol. 33 was released in the States.

Thanx for the info Rombi :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
jackson_hurley said:
Thanx for the info Rombi :guts:

No problem! I'm probably slightly off, as I don't have the dates right in front of me (I'm at work, so I don't want to do too much digging on the net).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the actual cover, with a dominant green hue this time (the real thing is a lot less green/saturated from what I've seen, not sure how or why they got the image to look like this):

Vol35-cover.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Got my vol 35 in the mail this evening. One thing I noticed immediately is that in the character section in the front, they feature Magnifico, spelled the SKnet way :badbone:

Im going to be going through page by page and comparing this with the serialized episodes, just in case Miura tried to pull a "Guts noticing something weird on that cliff over there" with us again. :zodd:

Update: No changes that I noticed.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
One thing I noticed immediately is that in the character section in the front, they feature Magnifico, spelled the SKnet way :badbone:

I wonder if Dark Horse will start spelling it correctly from now on. Or do you think they'll change that page and hope no one notices?

Top Bottom