Changes in Casca

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
I don't expect Casca to be the same person she was when she fully comes back. I am very interested in seeing her talk to all her "new" friends.

It has the potential to be the most interesting character development of the entire series.

I'm sure if that will happen,it will be emotian as hell,maybe we will see Guts shedding tears for second time(i think)

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Lukis said:
I'm sure if that will happen,it will be emotian as hell,maybe we will see Guts shedding tears for second time(i think)
Guts has actually shed many tears troughout the manga (Id say that hes cried atleast 6 times).. But i think that Casca’s return will have him on his knees overwhelmed with emotion. (atleast thats what id like to see.)

I personally have imagined how that situation would be like thousands of times.. but Just until recently i started thinking what if Guts is blind and deaf while Casca is brought back to sanity? As of right now we don’t actually know whether Guts has vision or his sense of hearing after the fight with the sea god. and that goes againts all the times that i’ve imagined that huge event. if Guts is indeed disabled on that level i wonder how Miura will handle this next part of the story.. Miuraaaaaaaaa!! Release an episode!!! :,<

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Truder said:
As of right now we don’t actually know whether Guts has vision or his sense of hearing after the fight with the sea god.

Yes we do. He could see when he was escaping the monster's carcass. Doesn't mean there won't be lasting damage though.

I feel for Guts when it was Griffith you got her in this state yet she goes straight to him when he returns. Quite strange indeed.
Although I like Caska as a character, sometimes I don't like how she treats Guts even in her mental state.

Cliche thought, but maybe upon arriving at elfhelm Casca is able to regain her mind. Yet she can not leave for some reason, or perhaps a determined amount of time. Meaning Guts might have leave her behind again, this time with maybe with friends at least.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
Cliche thought, but maybe upon arriving at elfhelm Casca is able to regain her mind. Yet she can not leave for some reason, or perhaps a determined amount of time. Meaning Guts might have leave her behind again, this time with maybe with friends at least.
So, she'd have limited-range sanity? What's the basis for the theory?

Anyway, Guts already said quite clearly and definitively that he would never leave her behind again in Volume 17.

Even though I'm hyped to see Casca back to true form and reunited with Guts, I'm curious to see what her role within the group now becomes after she's regained her sanity. Does she return to the warrior we all loved or does she take on a different role all together?

I agree with Walter though, she's going with Guts back to the Mainland no matter what. Even if Guts somehow feels like its best for her to stay in Elfhelm, Casca wouldn't allow it.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
JoeZeon said:
Even though I'm hyped to see Casca back to true form and reunited with Guts, I'm curious to see what her role within the group now becomes after she's regained her sanity. Does she return to the warrior we all loved or does she take on a different role all together?

I think she'll eventually return to the warrior woman we all know and love.

JoeZeon said:
I agree with Walter though, she's going with Guts back to the Mainland no matter what. Even if Guts somehow feels like its best for her to stay in Elfhelm, Casca wouldn't allow it.

Agreed. I'm looking forward to Casca taking on some apostles. :guts:

Since Skullknight said something about how gut's wish might be different from hers I don't think she will be just like the "old" casca.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Irvine said:
Since Skullknight said something about how Guts wish might be different from hers I don't think she will be just like the "old" casca.

What the Skull Knight said was, "What you wish for may not be what she wishes for." Like several board members, I believe this refers to what she'll wish to do after she's been restored. In other words, she may not wish to return to Midland to face Griffith and the Band of the Falcon; she may wish to remain in Elfhelm where she can Guts can live in peace.

Whatever she may wish, I think it's safe to say that she and Guts will eventually return to Midland, and when they do, I think she'll be armed and ready to rock 'n' roll. :guts:

What if Elfhelm has say, a herb, that is able to take her out of her state but the effects are temporarily.Would she have to reside on the island? I don't want it to be that way. I'm just thinkin it being of course be very sad if Casca couldn't venture with Guts and remain in a sane state without some sort of "cure." Like a, Elfhelm holds the cure, but not exactly the key to the happiness that we want for Guts and Casca type thing.

Top Bottom