AOW - Serpico statue

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
For those who haven't bought yet:

Art of War now has Serpico statues (Normal and Exclusive versions) up on their Ebay Store. Now, no one who uses PayPal has any excuse NOT to buy one! :troll:

I've used both the AOW online store, and their Ebay store, the Ebay option is much easier and faster. Plus you get to leave them feedback and tell them how much you love them and that you will buy anything they ever make no matter the cost!! :slan:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Jesterhead said:
For those who haven't bought yet:

Art of War now has Serpico statues (Normal and Exclusive versions) up on their Ebay Store. Now, no one who uses PayPal has any excuse NOT to buy one! :troll:

I've used both the AOW online store, and their Ebay store, the Ebay option is much easier and faster. Plus you get to leave them feedback and tell them how much you love them and that you will buy anything they ever make no matter the cost!! :slan:

Yeah, but try to decline from the "no matter the cost part" We can't let them know we're all just suckers ready to empty our wallets for pretty berserk memorabilia.

I think I like the silver version more. It makes it look like a piece of history, like it really happened and this thing is sitting in a museum somewhere. : ) Perhaps the Kelpie is stuffed alongside it. Ha-ha. Now I want a stuffed Kelpie head above my bed. FOR REAL.

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Aphasia said:
Yeah, but try to decline from the "no matter the cost part" We can't let them know we're all just suckers ready to empty our wallets for pretty berserk memorabilia.
Sarcasm doesn't go a long way on the internet :schierke:

I too am getting annoyed at their prices. It seems they completely forgot the value of money these days, and some of their more impressive pieces are simply out of my price range at the moment. Even Serpico was pushing my limits. :judo:

Aphasia said:
I think I like the silver version more. It makes it look like a piece of history, like it really happened and this thing is sitting in a museum somewhere.

I'm glad to see some one enjoys the silver version!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aphasia said:
I think I like the silver version more. It makes it look like a piece of history, like it really happened and this thing is sitting in a museum somewhere. : )

Good rationalization, I display my Hawks era Griffith without either head, helmet in hand in fact, so that it merely looks like a suit of armor on display, or Batman's costume when it's put away in the cave. =)

I just ordered mine last night. One regular and one bloody. (For a friend)

Sadly I was order number 33 on the bloody and only 15 on the regular. I don't think that bodes well for future secondary character releases. :'(

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Maiku said:
I just ordered mine last night. One regular and one bloody. (For a friend)

Sadly I was order number 33 on the bloody and only 15 on the regular. I don't think that bodes well for future secondary character releases. :'(

Thanks for the info, I was pretty curious on how many they sold.

It's a little disheartening. I was hoping to see these bad boys sell out within the first day and really give AOW an eye opener. Looks like I'll have to wait a long time to get my Farnese. :judo:

Maiku said:

God that's depressing. I did the priority preorder for the bloody version and my invoice said I was number 24. So that means that all week you were only the 9th person to order it? Looks like we're gonna have to get used to having 90 statues, but only about 5 different characters.....

I feel defeated.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nirvana said:
Looks like we're gonna have to get used to having 90 statues, but only about 5 different characters.....

I don't get it honestly. Why wouldn't people want some variety?

I have pre-ordered Serpico normal version but i asked AOW to add blood effect on Kelpie's eye and neck (like the bloody version).
So i will get a bloody version WITHOUT blood on Serpico :cool:

The best way to represent this scene in my opinion.

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Armored_Berserk said:
I have pre-ordered Serpico normal version but i asked AOW to add blood effect on Kelpie's eye and neck (like the bloody version).

I just sent AOW asking for the same service! Here's hoping!

Aazealh said:
I don't get it honestly. Why wouldn't people want some variety?

Same here.

If I was to only buy one AOW statue, it would hands down be of Guts or Zodd.

But I don't think AOW has that many 'new' customers. I'd assume the majority of the sales are to serious and long term collectors who wish to own a statue (or two, or five) of each character in the series.

Armored_Berserk said:

HAHAH, I did the same thing! =) Except, I said they could keep the blood on his back/side too since he got that wound there. I essentially told them to remove the blood on the sword and on the leg. :serpico:

Maiku said:

WHAT DA HELL!?!?!? I don't understand!!! This statue looks fantastic, the pose is dynamic, the price is half the price of AOW's usual releases... CMON PEOPLE! Even reading on all the comments in forums and youtube about the new "animated project", Serpico's been getting so much love. People are saying "yes, new anime with Serpico" and so forth, more than any other character, so we know he's popular... But no love for the statue??? Dammmitttt.

DirectDK said:
HAHAH, I did the same thing! =) Except, I said they could keep the blood on his back/side too since he got that wound there. I essentially told them to remove the blood on the sword and on the leg. :serpico:

WHAT DA HELL!?!?!? I don't understand!!! This statue looks fantastic, the pose is dynamic, the price is half the price of AOW's usual releases... CMON PEOPLE! Even reading on all the comments in forums and youtube about the new "animated project", Serpico's been getting so much love. People are saying "yes, new anime with Serpico" and so forth, more than any other character, so we know he's popular... But no love for the statue??? Dammmitttt.

Hehe, great minds think alike :ubik:

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
DirectDK said:
WHAT DA HELL!?!?!? I don't understand!!! This statue looks fantastic, the pose is dynamic, the price is half the price of AOW's usual releases... CMON PEOPLE!

Agreed. We finally have a modestly priced statue of a long overdue character, available in three versions, with three different price points. Serpico looks simply amazing, very accurate, and has one of the most engaging bases from AOW which has a very strong narrative.

How could it not sell out in the blink of an eye? Half the reason I watched their website like a hawk and ordered the very instant it became available was because I honestly thought they would sell out quickly.

Haha I had the same thought as the rest of you on blood. ;)

Maybe there just are alot of people out there that just have one or two statues. Fucking sucks.

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Maiku said:
Fucking sucks.

At least we can be happy in the fact that the unlikely existence of a Serpico statue as an absolutely great one! Even if they never make another non-Guts/Zodd statue, we can say the secondary character statues ended with a bang!

But I have a good feeling this isn't really going to be the last secondary character we'll see get the AOW treatment.

I went with the Normal Version versus the Silver or the Blood. I was so tempted to pick up the Silver Version, before hitting 'Send' I jumped back and changed it to Normal on my phone. I agree it's disappointing that it hasn't picked up as much as the other popular previously made character-statues, but they could use this as an idea when they decide to go with statues of other characters and limit them to a lesser number. I'd rather have them make statues in limited numbers than not have them made at all!

I didn't know we could customize paint jobs :casca:

IncantatioN said:
I agree it's disappointing that it hasn't picked up as much as the other popular previously made character-statues, but they could use this as an idea when they decide to go with statues of other characters and limit them to a lesser number. I'd rather have them make statues in limited numbers than not have them made at all!

I wish that were the case, but unfortunately, I don't think AOW would have as much interest in making a statue and only releasing 50 of them, as opposed to 200. It's not as cost efficient.

IncantatioN said:

Well actually, it's a feature for "Platinum Customers", ie, customers that have bought virtually every statue in the last year lol (specifically if they have spent over 200,000 yen in 2009). But maybe you can ask them anyways, and just pay them a little more or something? Dunno.

I don't know what to think of these poor sales numbers so far. Maybe they shot themselves in the foot by releasing 3 versions? Like, if they only had 1 version limited to 100 it might be gone already? I don't know....

Another thing I was thinking, I don't know how often people here browse their in stock items (it gives me something to do when I get bored at work), but that Zodd Senma just recently sold out. Within the last maybe 2 months recently. I highly doubt that's gonna deter them from making another human Zodd or a 10th scale horse riding figure. I guess they're more comfortable with a bunch of Zodd's in their stock room than a bunch of Serpico's, or some other "B" character.

Maybe if they didn't bombard us with the same few characters more people would have stuck around to pick up these other guys.

I laughed earlier (I actually chuckled out loud!) when I read Aaz's reply to somebody in the new animation thread complaining how they don't want Berserk to be popular. Aaz said it's sold over 24 million volumes so far. All I could think was, and less than 150 of those readers want a Serpico! :serpico: Good stuff. People are dumb.

IncantatioN said:

If you're not a platinum customer you can pay extra, the option is listed on their in stock page. Normal blood, a lot of blood and a dust representation. It's 10,000 for a lot of blood. Which sounds crazy to me.

Awwww maan, thanks for the info guys :SK:. I can't wait for next year then cos if those rules stay, I'll be a Platinum Member too ^_^ ... having spent around (or more unless I'm forgetting what's on it's way) 527-530,000 Yen so far not counting shipping.

I really wish they made other characters ... I'm surprised they haven't made a Mozgus (Apostle version) to be honest. That'd be totally rad.

Pre-Order too (normal with addition of blood on the Kelpie). I fear that it would be the only Serpico statue available...
BUT, the price is freaking too awesome for that range of statue. The AoW prices have sky rocketed !!
$300 without shipping fees for a statue similar in proportions to the Irvine released with Zodd: Revelation some kind of bother me (am I the only one ?)

Irvine: 1/10 Scale, 15cm (H) x 16cm (W) x 10cm (D) (base included)
Serpico: 1/10 Scale, 15cm (H) x 12cm (W) x 18cm (D) (1/10 scale) (base included)

Irvine was cool but definately not worth spending $350
Anyway, this is my only complaint (love the pose, the painting and the Kelpie is very cute :slan: )... a usual complaint since months, unfortunately.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nirvana said:
I don't know what to think of these poor sales numbers so far. Maybe they shot themselves in the foot by releasing 3 versions? Like, if they only had 1 version limited to 100 it might be gone already? I don't know....

I think the silver version might have been a mistake, as cool as I find it to be. Still, they sold a third of their stock within the first week, maybe we can hope for two thirds to be gone in a month and the rest to trickle down before by the end of the year. Especially with the excitement generated around the series these days. Like you said below, they had unsold Zodd statues for a while, and they still have 5 Guts 1/6 in stock, so maybe it's more a problem of some collectors running low on cash. :iva:

Nirvana said:
I guess they're more comfortable with a bunch of Zodd's in their stock room than a bunch of Serpico's, or some other "B" character.

Is Serpico really a "B" character compared to Zodd, though? He has more page time than him in the manga.

Nirvana said:
I laughed earlier (I actually chuckled out loud!) when I read Aaz's reply to somebody in the new animation thread complaining how they don't want Berserk to be popular. Aaz said it's sold over 24 million volumes so far. All I could think was, and less than 150 of those readers want a Serpico! :serpico: Good stuff. People are dumb.

24 million in Japan only. You can add 7 more million volumes if you count the international market (and it's bound to keep growing).

Kenji-kun said:
BUT, the price is freaking too awesome for that range of statue. The AoW prices have sky rocketed !!
$300 without shipping fees for a statue similar in proportions to the Irvine released with Zodd: Revelation some kind of bother me (am I the only one ?)

I think you might be mistaken about the meaning of "awesome" here. By "too awesome", I take it you just mean too much? Anyway, to clarify, you're saying that the Irvine bundled with Zodd Revelations essentially cost 20,000Y because the Exclusive 2 was 58,000Y as opposed to 38,000Y for the Exclusive 1 version that came without it. Right? And the Serpico statue, despite being the same size, is sold for an even higher price (justified by the better sculpt and painting?).

Honestly, while it's true the prices are too high in general, it's not like it's a recent thing. It's been the case for years now. I know it's sad but I was just glad they're not selling this Serpico for 35,000Y.

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
So for those non-platinum members, like myself:

I emailed Art of War requesting this painting service, and the will apply blood to the Kelpie for 3000 yen, cheaper than their "An Average Blood" option, which it 5000 yen. Not a bad price to get a perfect looking Serpico statue. This is a special service available for the Serpico statue, normal folks get it for 3000Y, and the cool kids get it for free. It's mentioned on the /index page of their website.

IncantatioN said:
I'm surprised they haven't made a Mozgus (Apostle version) to be honest. That'd be totally rad.

Agreed! That statue would be awesome!

Mozgus (Apostle version) ... soooo nice

this character is so great, love the art work on him and i'd LOVE to see a statue from him!

@Serpico: great statue, but i didn't get it -> why? -> money ... my last AOW statue was 2 years ago

Top Bottom