AOW - Serpico statue

Agreed on Mozgus. How sweet that would be...

After seeing that they allowed it, I ordered mine similar to most, normal with blood on the mace wound and Kelpie eye/head.

I really hope more people hop on this one so AoW continues making these very important characters. As much as I love Guts, SK , Zodd and Griffith, we need some of the main supporting cast to be represented. Though, I think the scale looks a bit small on him, it's still a nice scene which looks well represented.

Aazealh said:
I think you might be mistaken about the meaning of "awesome" here. By "too awesome", I take it you just mean too much? Anyway, to clarify, you're saying that the Irvine bundled with Zodd Revelations essentially cost 20,000Y because the Exclusive 2 was 58,000Y as opposed to 38,000Y for the Exclusive 1 version that came without it. Right? And the Serpico statue, despite being the same size, is sold for an even higher price (justified by the better sculpt and painting?).

Honestly, while it's true the prices are too high in general, it's not like it's a recent thing. It's been the case for years now. I know it's sad but I was just glad they're not selling this Serpico for 35,000Y.

Yeah, I've done a very big mistake, :eek:ops: I apologise.
But you fully understood me ;)
Actually, the Irvine bundled with Zodd Revelation was a very big disapointment for me and few of my friends. He is beautiful for sure and I love this statue, but to pay 20000 yens for him is quite of an epic mess when it comes to justify his price.
I don't want to have the same feelings with this Serpico.
Anyway, I guess you're totally right. Art of War's insane prices policy : "it's not like it's a recent thing"
We have to deal with this.

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
A few days ago the exclusive version was listed as "Few pieces remaining". Hopefully this will give those on the fence the drive to actually buy it. I suppose selling out in a few weeks isn't that bad, but comparatively, it isn't the best...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jesterhead said:
A few days ago the exclusive version was listed as "Few pieces remaining". Hopefully this will give those on the fence the drive to actually buy it. I suppose selling out in a few weeks isn't that bad, but not what I was hoping for...

Again, with the price policy they practice, they can't expect every product to instantly sell out. I think as long as it's all gone within a few months they can consider it a success.

Aazealh said:
Again, with the price policy they practice, they can't expect every product to instantly sell out. I think as long as it's all gone within a few months they can consider it a success.

The vast majority of sales of collectibles are at release. This comes from the end consumers being hyper aware of the product line. The non bloody version of this, I am sad to say, will probably be the next Judeau.

We're just going to have to rely on kit makers to give us the human characters we want.

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Maiku said:
I am sad to say, will probably be the next Judeau.

There is one big difference between all of the Serpico statues and the Judeau statues.

That being that the Serpicos are accurate and dynamic, while the Judeau statues are pretty plain and boring. :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
The vast majority of sales of collectibles are at release. This comes from the end consumers being hyper aware of the product line.

Oh I don't disagree with that, but it's not so rare to see some of their products take time to sell out these days. Whether it's Serpico or Zodd or Guts (to a different extent, obviously). And I think it's at least partially the result of the financial strain.

Maiku said:
The non bloody version of this, I am sad to say, will probably be the next Judeau.

I think the silver one is probably going to sell out last. I wouldn't be surprised if it was still there a year from now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well that certainly is unexpected! So much that I even wonder if it isn't a mistake. Still, good for them if at least one version has sold out.

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
I wonder if this will ensure some statues in the future will have a similar finish. I'd really like some character busts done in that silver! :ubik:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jesterhead said:
I'd really like some character busts done in that silver!

I agree, some busts would be cool.

Antis@b said:
Well, i wonder if this Serpico - Silver Version - really sold out (i hope so) or just didn't sell enough....

You mean it didn't get enough preorders and they just cancelled it altogether? Maybe...

Whoa, that's cool. I didn't even realize they did that until I saw your post and double-checked my e-mail. Even if it's stuff they had extra's of, still nice to get a freebie.

Here are the pics

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
That looks really good! But man does he look tiny when he's next to guts. The Kelpie's head looks pretty awesome, too. I love when they take on dynamic poses. It makes the figure so much more interesting.

Top Bottom