AOW - Serpico statue

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Looks good with Irvine. :guts:

The more I see it the smaller it looks, haha. Mine finally got released from Canadian customs, so hopefully it'll be here this week!

yes it's small...i think it's the last time i put so much money in a so much small statue. I bought it because it will surely be the only Serpico made by AOW...

I passed on Zodd Horror, great statue but too small and i already have two zodd (zodd II and Zodd & Wyald).

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Armored_Berserk said:
yes it's small...i think it's the last time i put so much money in a so much small statue. I bought it because it will surely be the only Serpico made by AOW...

It's almost a shame that AOW has a monopoly on Berserk figures. Some competition would drive the prices down and the quality up!

Yeah, he's tiny. got mine today (along with the platinum present.....pretty funny/cute). Serpico is WAY too small. More like 1/12 scale. He measures about 5.5 inches, which would be 4 and a half feet (about) which is NOT how tall her would be. Birth Feast Casca should not make him look like an elf. Quite a scale misrepresentation on AoW's part. Too bad, because the likeness, sculpt and paint apps are pretty great.

O yeah, they also downgraded the foam and packaging for this one. A single frankensteined together carboard box, bags of sealed air, paper and bubble wrap. At least they upgraded the black paper slip to form a box around the cheaper styro, though.

This one is a love/hate statue. Very nice on it's own and of a character we needed to have done but way too small, out of scale and overpriced as per usual.

Mine shipped out yesterday, should have it soon. Thanks for the pics Armored and Diaz. The face is pretty damn spot on, which is GREAT news. :serpico: But man! That scale is way off!!! Only looks good next to Irvine (and I've always thought Irvine was too small too). It's definitely a bummer because it would have looked perfect next to the Guts Magun and Isidro statues from way back.

High on detail but waaaaaaaaaaay too small!!! Irvine is cool, but I always thought of his scale to be an odd fit on the shelf with other statues. I guess he'll have company (size-wise) :puck:

I'm mostly upset by the misrepresentation of scale on AoW's part. They can't honestly put this next to any of their past 1/10 scale statues and say this fits in. I gave them a pass for the Senma soldier because we didn't have a ton of references or data to put his size into perspective. Serpico is a different story. This would have been great in scale with the other 1.10's and if the price remained constant, it would have been one of AoW's most reasonably prices statues in the past 4 years.

Honestly i love berserk and art of war has a decent reputation for quality products but i can't take it anymore. Way to many other companies have better quality and bigger scaled products, NOT TO MENTION CHEAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Art of war is a rip off and they realize that they could make crap and sell it to berserk fans and people would buy it. I'm not spending another penny on their products... A five inch product people!!!! :???: we are the reason why a.o.w feels like they could rip us off...

we give in to their sh!t

stop wasting your money and demand that they actually put some heart into their products...

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Got mine today. Love it, but the scale is a serious problem.

I honestly wouldn't mind the size if AOW didn't clearly state it was 1/10th scale. I event went back to their website to double check that they stated scale. It's a little disheartening that I spent $320 CAD and then a further $110 on shipping for a 4" figure. I've shipped packages twice this size and weight for half that price...

If I had the money and the choice again, there are other offerings from AOW I would much rather spend it on.

Berserker Guts 23 said:
Honestly i love berserk and art of war has a decent reputation for quality products but i can't take it anymore. Way to many other companies have better quality and bigger scaled products, NOT TO MENTION CHEAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Art of war is a rip off and they realize that they could make crap and sell it to berserk fans and people would buy it. I'm not spending another penny on their products... A five inch product people!!!! :???: we are the reason why a.o.w feels like they could rip us off...

we give in to their sh!t

stop wasting your money and demand that they actually put some heart into their products...

Which ones? :schierke:

And I guess that everyone should have paid more attention on these details rather than focusing on the scale and keep on complaining:
Size: 15cm (H) x 12cm (W) x 18cm (D)

Seriously what were you expecting?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Only looks good next to Irvine (and I've always thought Irvine was too small too).

I think the scale is consistent with that of Guts: Falconia (which AOW sold as "non-scale" back then). They look good together.

The Beast of Darkness said:
And I guess that everyone should have paid more attention on these details rather than focusing on the scale and keep on complaining:

I was expecting a Serpico in 1/10 scale. Dimensions are great but it's still sometimes hard to visualize how that stacks up, which is why the listed scale is important. You don't get the full picture until you either have it in-hand or when put next to something else to relate the size to. They advertised this statue as 1/10 scale. You don't understand why this would upset someone when he clearly doesn't fit in with the rest of the 1/10 line? I don't keep my tape measure handy so I can verify AoW's scales. If they say it's 1/10 scale, I tend to believe them and base my decisions around that.

Armored_Berserk said:
Which ones? :schierke:

Companies hahah ok

SIDESHOW- you are kidding right??? take a look at the ironman in your pictures!!!!!!! ummm for someone who has that piece think a 5 inch aow statue compares in quality and price... I think not..
Guts 20th is a fantastic piece that I do own but I was crazy to pay 800 for it.... my hulk premium format which i paid 360 bucks for when it first came out is a much bigger,heavier, more detailed piece.

BOWEN
HOTTOYS
MEDICOM

all of these complanies have great quality and prices to match their effort towards their products...

i love berserk but i can't take paying 800 dollars for a 1/6th scale piece
or 300 for a 1/12 piece...

just because aow owns the market for berserk statues, doesn't mean that they could rip off the fans who love the series...

my friends would come into my house and see all my statues and love the sideshow pieces but when i showed them the berserk stuff they would like it but when i told them how much i paid for it, they thought that i was nuts and now i agree with them after 8 years of collecting the statues and watching the prices go up to a grand.

Berserker Guts 23 said:
Companies hahah ok

SIDESHOW- you are kidding right??? take a look at the ironman in your pictures!!!!!!! ummm for someone who has that piece think a 5 inch aow statue compares in quality and price... I think not..
Guts 20th is a fantastic piece that I do own but I was crazy to pay 800 for it.... my hulk premium format which i paid 360 bucks for when it first came out is a much bigger,heavier, more detailed piece.

BOWEN
HOTTOYS
MEDICOM

all of these complanies have great quality and prices to match their effort towards their products...

i love berserk but i can't take paying 800 dollars for a 1/6th scale piece
or 300 for a 1/12 piece...

just because aow owns the market for berserk statues, doesn't mean that they could rip off the fans who love the series...

my friends would come into my house and see all my statues and love the sideshow pieces but when i showed them the berserk stuff they would like it but when i told them how much i paid for it, they thought that i was nuts and now i agree with them after 8 years of collecting the statues and watching the prices go up to a grand.

What a joke.

You can attack AOW on price and size but not the paint. None of the companies that you mentioned has the quality of AOW.

Sideshow, as you mentionned, i looked at my iron man...and there are many flaws. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful sculpt and i love the statue but it's not worth the 489$. The paint isn't good and is poor compared to Serpico or other AOW's statue.
I thought it was harder to paint a smaller statue... :schierke:
I was ready to return Iron Man but i decided to keep it because the sculpt is awesome, that's it.

All my Sideshow statues, as good as they are, have some flaws and paint application doesn't compare.

I had few Bowen statue in the past, paint is equal to Sideshow.

I have few Hot Toys. Likeness is the best i can see and paint application is excellent, no worry about it. But you can't compare plastic toys with polystone statues.

Medicom is the same as Hot Toys except likeness is off (Ledger's Joker LOL).

Now that is said, if you want to make a petition complaining about the prices charged by Art Of War, i will be the first to sign it. I was thinking of making one in the past, but my english is not very good.

The Beast of Darkness said:

15cm could be 1/10, due to the base and serpico is lowered

That's a shame, aow can only say "non scale"..... why ?? because They don't know themselves the scale they make !

Last time I order directly from AOW, shipping is enormous compared to their ridiculous statue !

I know I will be less angry when I will see it in person but aow don't care of fans ....

Armored_Berserk said:
What a joke.

You can attack AOW on price and size but not the paint. None of the companies that you mentioned has the quality of AOW.

Sideshow, as you mentionned, i looked at my iron man...and there are many flaws. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful sculpt and i love the statue but it's not worth the 489$. The paint isn't good and is poor compared to Serpico or other AOW's statue.
I thought it was harder to paint a smaller statue... :schierke:
I was ready to return Iron Man but i decided to keep it because the sculpt is awesome, that's it.

All my Sideshow statues, as good as they are, have some flaws and paint application doesn't compare.

I had few Bowen statue in the past, paint is equal to Sideshow.

I have few Hot Toys. Likeness is the best i can see and paint application is excellent, no worry about it. But you can't compare plastic toys with polystone statues.

Medicom is the same as Hot Toys except likeness is off (Ledger's Joker LOL).

Now that is said, if you want to make a petition complaining about the prices charged by Art Of War, i will be the first to sign it. I was thinking of making one in the past, but my english is not very good.
umm did i mention paint once in my complaint no...

scult hmmmm. hard to compare the companies but your little serpico is the sice of my ring finger. That ironman is well worth the money you paid my friend. serpico is the size of his foot. The paint on aow's items is very good and that is the only they have that is worth paying money for. you could try to bash these other companies but you do buy from them and they are the best in the market for sculpt and size for the money. you are the reason aow thinks they could sell there products for that price!!!!. becuase YOU BUY IT!!!!

i would be 85 dollars for that piece, 100 at most because serpico is a character that needs to have a statue.

As long as you could live with paying 300 for it, then that is all that matters. i would be embarrassed to say i paid 300 for that specific statue.

I received mine, beautiful statue but too small ...

DSC_4018.jpg

DSC_3975.jpg

DSC_3977.jpg

DSC_3978.jpg

DSC_3979.jpg

DSC_3980.jpg

DSC_3982.jpg

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Fantastic photos Drakull! I'm impressed by the detail in the face given the size of the statue. AOW does good work.

Top Bottom