BioShock: Infinite

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
bioshock-infinite.gif

When Irrational Games finally revealed their next title was going to be another BioShock game, I wasn't exactly thrilled. I couldn't have given two shits for this game. I was not a huge fan of the original BioShock. I felt it was an overreaching game concept, and I rolled my eyes through most of its heavy-handed Ayn Rand bullshit. But today they showed off a new trailer and this... this looks incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0fDEA0BFSM

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea i was watching a preview for the game a while back but before I knew what it was they said Bioshock and i was like :schnoz: I could care less about the other Bioshock games (not interested at all) but this does look pretty interesting.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Some impressive visuals, but it still leaves me thematically limp.
Ditto. The over-exaggerated, young America thing really isn't doing anything for me.

Aazealh said:
Looks good, sure, but how much of this is actual gameplay? I see a lot of scripting here.
This video is being touted as "gameplay demonstration," but I was definitely wondering the same as I watched it. There are so many scripted actions here, and circumstantial interactions, I wonder how things would play out if it wasn't so well choreographed.

However, I imagine this is just supposed to give you an idea of the range of possibilities.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
This video is being touted as "gameplay demonstration," but I was definitely wondering the same as I watched it. There are so many scripted actions here, and circumstantial interactions, I wonder how things would play out if it wasn't so well choreographed.

However, I imagine this is just supposed to give you an idea of the range of possibilities.

It's also the demo journalists got to play during the E3, if that's any indication. I say why not, let's see how it turns out, but as you know I've yet to finish the original Bioshock...

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
I just got my game-informer and The cover and back are both Bioshock infinite themed. Very old-timey, like a norman rockwell magazine. It was very cool. : )

I'm pretty excited about this game. Thanks for the trailer! I'll call it gameplay when there's a HUD.

Aphasia

Ouch, poor Bioshock. I largely ignored Bioshock for a long time, but randomly decided to play it and enjoyed it a good bit. Maybe the fact I didn't hear about it much at all influenced how I felt about it. Or perhaps people are just naturally drawn towards different game styles, or turned off by others. For some reason I can't do realistic shooters. If it has anything to do with real wars I get a sour taste in my mouth. Dunno why.

Anyhow, I <3 Irrational Games. It's nice to know they're developing this, instead of a joint development like Bioshock 2.

I am a little confused by the release date though. It seems as though releasing hype-material 2 years before release would be a bad idea.

Johnstantine said:
This game is going to be overrated crap just like the last two.

Spoken by one who's obviously either played neither, or, referring to the second, has no heart for poetry, given how that ends.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
I am a little confused by the release date though. It seems as though releasing hype-material 2 years before release would be a bad idea.
It's coming out in 2012. So, since the game's been in development for so long (2007-now), it's not surprising they wanted to show the public a little of what they've been working on.

Aphasia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4XgfJXnCC8

E3 2011 trailer. Loving the way this is looking. Did you guys see her hair move? I'm not the only one right?

Top Bottom