Calendar project - Berserk, the branded ones [Warning: Contains Nudity]

G

Genome

I have been working for few months with different models to create a calendar with Berserk as its main theme. My project is composed of many different Black&White photos that express, I believe, the experience of Berserk: beauty, violence, sensuality and of course... Sacrifice.

It is composed of Black&White shadow and light nude art pictures, never vulgar, of women branded with the brand of sacrifice. I have designed it as a calendar for the year 2011. As I made many different photos for this project, I also designed an art book of 65 photos around the same idea.

I have done this work has a tribute to KENTAROU MIURA's work. I'm sure that Berserk fans could enjoy this work, and I'm now posting some samples to have your opinion.

What do you think of this project, do you think it should be published, could interest Berserk fans and others (why not :serpico:)?

Sample pictures:

project-01.jpg

project-02.jpg

project-03.jpg

project-04.jpg

project-05.jpg

project-06.jpg

project-07.jpg

project-08.jpg

project-09.jpg

and a large view on the brand to get the details

project-10.jpg

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Re: Calendar project - Berserk, the branded one's [Warning: Contains Nudity]

project-05.jpg

My fav :carcus:

This is pretty interesting. Congrats and good job!

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh

May is a nice month :ubik:

Oburi

All praise Grail

Looks cool. I don't really like the placemeant for the brand on the October pic though. I think it would look better on her thigh or maybe on the inside of her arm rather than her armpit area. That's it though.

X

Xem

Nice work as always Genome, my only critique would be that the brand could look more realistic. Although it would compromise it standing out so much, it looks a little tacked on and not really natural.

Regardless, good job sir! Always a fan of your work... when are you gonna do some pictures of your statues?!

I have to point out that you can easily notice that the brands were made on Photoshop or another photo manipulation software. The lightning isn't right on them, the blood is too bright red; they just don't look natural given the light they're on. It's more obvious on the first picture; it's like the brand and the blood were drawn by hand on a print, and it kinda ruins the mood, especially since it's supposed, I imagine, to be sinister, or at least a tad subtle. Plus, I don't know the original size of the calendar, but on the last, zoomed picture, you can see some lasso tool wackiness on the girl's outline from miles away.

And wasn't it supposed to be "The Branded Ones" (without an apostrophe)? As in, these girls are the ones who are branded?

Lastly, I don't think you quite have Berserk as "the main theme" on this project. I think "naked girls in black and white" is the main theme, and the brands are there as a bonus.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight

The branded one's what?
Or did you mean "the branded ones"?

:griffnotevil:

Aw, Eluvei beat me to it. :puck:

G

Genome

Thanks for the coms.

Yes I made a mistake on the title : Branded ones it should be I will correct that :)

@Jesterhead
Yes I like this one too

@Truder
:) I got this one in my living room in 40X60 it was my sample version for the print

@Oburi
As I made lot of picture I had to change the brand place to don't have twice the same place for it and I already had one on the harm :serpico:

@Deci
Thanks :serpico: Well my statues are still in there pack as I still can't expose it... As far as I'm thinking to sale most of them...

@Eluvei
Of course the brand have been had with a photo manipulation software as I was not going to brand the models :) but I have used the lights of the picture as reference for the shadows and the heals to match with reality so I'm surprised about that com. About the lasso tool wackiness on the girl's outline you can see well I guess it looks like but it in fact the "M" from the "SAMPLE" wrote on each pictures (if it's what you talk about other wise I have used no lasso tool on those pictures). Also, the last picture is a zoom version to get the detail of the brand but of course it should not be seen like that. Whatever, printed in 40X60 cm it looks perfect :)

Genome said:
Of course the brand have been had with a photo manipulation software as I was not going to brand the models :) but I have used the lights of the picture as reference for the shadows and the heals to match with reality so I'm surprised about that com.

You should have branded the models, then. What I meant is that it "looks photoshopped", it's too obvious that you made it with a software. It doesn't look natural, like Deci said.

Genome said:
About the lasso tool wackiness on the girl's outline you can see well I guess it looks like but it in fact the "M" from the "SAMPLE" wrote on each pictures (if it's what you talk about other wise I have used no lasso tool on those pictures).

Well, I didn't literally mean the lasso tool. I meant whatever tool you used to make the background of the pictures black. Well anyway, since you think printed it looks perfect, there's no use for any of this.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Genome said:
I have done this work has a tribute to KENTAROU MIURA's work. I'm sure that Berserk fans could enjoy this work, and I'm now posting some samples to have your opinion.

What do you think of this project, do you think it should be published, could interest Berserk fans and others (why not :serpico:)?

Well I'm sure it'd interest truckers and teenage boys at least, but I imagine that the naked chicks calendar market is very competitive. As far as Berserk goes I find the thematic link very thin, since you basically just slapped brands on naked women (which, needless to say, isn't what Berserk is about) and that was it. So in that regard I have to say that I don't see it having a particularly strong appeal to Berserk fans as opposed to the average guy. I also don't know if you could get a license for it if you plan on publishing it.

Regarding the brands, I have to agree with what was said previously in that they need more work. You should also be careful when making them fit the perspective of each picture, for example in "project-01.jpg" the shape isn't the same than in the other pictures (the lower and upper parts aren't the same size).

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Well I'm sure it'd interest truckers and teenage boys at least,

I can't speak for the teenage boys, but the truckers would most likely pass it up for their 365 days of Hustler calendar.

As for the calender; the artistic nudes I think are fine. However the brands just seem too random and sloppy. It's barely a nod towards Berserk as it is, maybe you can add more to it other than tits and brands next time.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wow, not what I expected based on the thread title...

sdc10441st3.jpg

January

oneih7.jpg

February

sdc10566.jpg

March

sdc10569z.jpg

April

sdc10571.jpg

May

sdc10577.jpg

June

sdc10581.jpg

July

dscn0820.jpg

August

dscn0901p.jpg

September

dscn1027k.jpg

October

oneddd.jpg

November

xmasi.jpg

December​

turkitage

ターク
very nice griffith.. a little bit TOO much of th3brandedone on your branded calendar.. but who's judging? =P Though, I think my branded calendar would have Milishka in every month.

but genome, I think the concept is pretty neat and the artistic look was very nice. Like everyone else said and especially what Deci said the brands just don't look realistic. Even though it'd be hard to highlight them by being in color and everything else not I think if you were to remove the dripping blood it would like more real (though I also understand having dripping blood on the brand is the cool part too.) I personally wouldn't really be interested in a calendar like this (again, unless it's Milishka) as it doesn't seem very Berserk. But in all honestly, even though a few of us said these things I still love seeing these creative ideas come up inspired by Berserk so don't ever let that stop ya!

G

Genome

Thanks for opinions according to the subject of this this topic I take all of it in consideration :serpico:

@Griffith
You can not like peoples work put at least respect it

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Genome said:
@Griffith
You can not like peoples work put at least respect it

Don't be so sensitive, it was only a pun on the title. :guts:

I was actually going to suggest you do the next Girl's of SK.net Calendar. :slan:

G

Genome

BerserkMJM said:
And why have they not yet been devoured? Is Skull Knight saving them all? :badbone:
Hey I thought about that :serpico: Lets just say that Apostel are playing with them first... You know them phhh :???:

Aphasia said:
Fantastic photos. I'd buy it.

:serpico: thanks at least one buyer :ubik:

Griffith said:

Well be careful, you sens of humor can't work with everybody

Griffith said:
I was actually going to suggest you do the next Girl's of SK.net Calendar. :slan:

I first made this project for this as a mater of fact but as I wanted to made this project as professional as it could, I had to pay 5 different models (to have various type of woman to get the idea that anyone can be branded). It finally cost me about 900 euros (pay for the models + cost of the films (not shooting in numeric) and lab for the films). As the coms are I guest no one interest in this project, as the skullknight.net 2011 calendar, will be agree to contribute for it :serpico:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Griffith said:

I actually just got the joke. I laughed out loud, for like...a second. : )

I also agree with an earlier poster that the brands look a little fake. Like the skin is raise up around them too much, or something. It's less noticeable on some photos, and not so bad as to ruin the image by any degree. But upon closer inspection it sticks out. This might be something that could be tweaked in photoshop.

Top Bottom