New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
Do you know how many the US has sold by comparison? I see Berserk on manga shelves only occasionally.

See this thread: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=12043.0

DirectDK said:
So, if this 2nd video doesn't show up soon, I'm going to pick up one of my statues and throw it across the room...

...no I'm joking. But seriously! I NEED CM2!!!

It'll show up soon enough, just be patient. That being said I'm not expecting any new information from it. They'll probably string it out until the end.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
It'll show up soon enough, just be patient. That being said I'm not expecting any new information from it. They'll probably string it out until the end.

Same here, I'm expecting the substance of it to be about the same (would be nice if they added something definitive, but of course not). The only thing I'll really be looking for is more scenes corresponding to those leaked screen shots.

DirectDK said:
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html

the CM1 is up on the official page!!! woohoo! better quality =).

That's a start. I was hoping they would be different online somehow. Which makes me wonder, are these commercials being shown after any water shed in Japan? Because if not, we might not see Guts cutting those soldiers to pieces from the leaked images.

Griffith

New Tweets from Berserk_Project:

TVCMのAパターンを、ただ今、「ベルセルク」公式サイトにアップいたしました。TVCMの放送地域ではなかった皆様、すいませんでした。よろしくお願いします。 http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/
Google Translate said:
TVCM the A pattern now , " Berserk " We updated the website. TVCM in the area broadcasting of Everyone Not , I'm sorry . Thank you . http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/
babelfish said:
At present, we raised a pattern of TVCM, in “the [beruseruku]” official sight. Everyone who is not the broadcast area of TVCM, it did not inhale. We ask may. http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/

Okay, that seems to obviously be referring to CM1 being uploaded to the website, this one's more intriguing:

そして、本日Bパターンを放送します。どのキャラが出てくるかはお楽しみにして下さい。詳しい放送時間は、夕方以降にお知らせします。
Google Translate said:
Then today B broadcasts a pattern . would come out Character Which , please stay tuned. broadcast time More will be announced later in the evening.
babelfish said:
And, this day B pattern is broadcast. Some [kiyara] comes out, please enjoy. We inform detailed air time, after the evening.

Or not. Stay tuned. :griffnotevil:

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Griffith said:
そして、本日Bパターンを放送します。どのキャラが出てくるかはお楽しみにして下さい。詳しい放送時間は、夕方以降にお知らせします。

"Also, we are airing (commercial) Pattern B today. Please look forward to finding out which character(s) will make an appearance. Detailed broadcast time will be announced later in the evening."

But yeah, you guys got the gist already. :) Exciting times here in Berserk-land.

Griffith

Graywords said:
"Also, we are airing (commercial) Pattern B today. Please look forward to finding out which character(s) will make an appearance. Detailed broadcast time will be announced later in the evening."

But yeah, you guys got the gist already. :) Exciting times here in Berserk-land.

Thank you Graywords, I like your translation much better than just getting the gist of it. Exciting times indeed, I hope we'll get that specific airtime, if not the video itself, tonight.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Griffith said:
Thank you Graywords, I like your translation much better than just getting the gist of it. Exciting times indeed, I hope we'll get that specific airtime, if not the video itself, tonight.

Anytime bud!

Also, information for all, it is about 11am 9/30 in Japan right now. :judo: So we have probably have a 6+ hr wait...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks so much for the translation help Graywords. Trying to decipher these Google-translated posts has led me to insanity over the past few days. I'm confused though, I thought they were airing a new commercial each night at midnight, meaning they should be airing commercial 3 next.

CMは全部で5種類です。1種類目は28日深夜と29日深夜。2種類目は30日深夜。3種類目は1日深夜。4種類目は2日深夜と3日深夜に放送。いずれも15秒でそれぞれテレビ放送終了後に、公式サイトにアップします。5種類目はウェブ限定で5日から公開いたします。
[quote author=Google's translation]CM is a total of five. The first one kind of night at midnight, 28 and 29. Second type is 30 midnight. The third type 1 Wednesday night. The four first broadcast on Wednesday night and two days late. TV after 15 seconds, respectively, both up the official site. The first five will be released from only 05 in the web.[/quote]
Admittedly, it's hard to make much of that, but it seems to me to be saying 28, 29, 30 all at midnight. I guess it comes down to does "midnight on the 30th" mean the night of 29/30 or 30/1? This couldn't possibly be more confusing to me :???:

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Walter said:
Admittedly, it's hard to make much of that, but it seems to me to be saying 28, 29, 30 all at midnight. I guess it comes down to does "midnight on the 30th" mean the night of 29/30 or 30/1? This couldn't possibly be more confusing to me :???:

I can see where you might get confused. It turns out that 深夜 in this case means "late at night", not "midnight". So all the commercials should technically be coming out late-night on the dates provided.

It looks like the first and fourth commercials each air two nights in a row (28th and 29th, 2nd and 3rd, respectively), and the rest are one night each (30th and 1st). All seem to be 15 secs long. Commercial 5 is Website-only limited release.

I'm so going to be at work when these air. :(

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
We have Twitter updates, in order of their appearance. Never translated a TV schedule before, so I might need a hand with the finer details.

本日のCMの放送予定です。フジテレビは、24:35~25:35「日本CMタレント専門学校」の番組内で1本。「グチリ場」の番組内で1本。「グチリ場」と「24シーズン7」の間で1本。「24シーズン7」の番組内で1本。計4本になります。

Here are the plans for today's CM broadcast. Fuji TV, one during 24:35 - 25:35 "Japan's Commercial Talent Academy". One during "Guchiriba" (not sure what this program is. A Place to Complain?) . One between "Guchiriba" and "24 Season 7". And one during "24 Season 7". This makes a total of four.

Not sure if that is meant to be the 24-hour clock. Last time I checked, there wasn't a 25:00. Unless Japan needs that extra hour =P

読売テレビは、24:38~25:08「浜ちゃんが!」の番組内で1本。「浜ちゃんが!」と「ハッピーMusic」の間で1本。「ハッピーMusic」の番組内で1本。ハッピーMusic」と「華丸大吉20周年記念 お祝い頂戴ツアーSP 」の間で1本。「華丸大吉~」の番組内で1本。計5本です about 1 hour ago via web

As for Yomiuri TV, one during 24:38~25:08, "Hama-chan!". One between "Hama-chan!" and "Happy Music". One during "Happy Music". One between "Happy Music" and "Yoshi Hiroshi 20th Anniversary Commemoration Special" (I think...? Had to use Google for this and it didn't help). One during "Yoshi Hiroshi 20th Anniversary Commemoration Special". A total of 5.

Lotsa opportunities for people to catch it, then!

東海テレビは、「わんだほ」と「お天気レーダー」の間に1本。「たかじん胸いっぱい」の番組内で3本。計4本の予定です。 about 1 hour ago via web

Tokai TV, one during "Wandaho" and "Weather Radar". And three during "Takajin's....... Full Chest?" Four total.

Sorry, but you need to see the website for Wandaho: http://tokai-tv.com/wandaho/ And Takajin's show appears to be about breasts? Not sure. Will investigate further :griffnotevil:

本日のCMは、Bバージョンで、昨日までのものと違います。楽しみにして下さい。ベルセルク公式サイトでは、明日の午前中にアップ予定です。アップしましたらご報告します。http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/ about 1 hour ago via web

The CM today is going to be different from yesterdays version. Please look forward to it. As for Berserk's official website, it'll be up tomorrow morning. Once it's uploaded, it'll be reported.

I think they're talking about the CM being added to the website here, followed by a Twitter announcement for it.

25:00 is to Japan what 0:00 is to us.

EDIT: Sorry, I got that completely mixed up, you're right it's 24:00. Where the hell did 25:00 come from?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
are these commercials being shown after any water shed in Japan?

Yep.

Anyway, let's try to avoid relying on guesswork and automatic translation tools as much as possible to prevent misunderstandings.

Sorry uncle Aaz :schnoz:, as you can probably tell some of us are clutching at straws, hitting the refresh button, trying to get our next fix of anime adrenaline.

I think 25 "hour" is just their weird way of writing 1 AM. I think I saw it somewhere marked like that.

The Berserk twitter is also suprised that it has so many foreign followers.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
Which would explain their lack of elaboration on this 'anime project' too.

I'm not sure it makes a difference; I think it's just a poorly executed scheme to tease the fans and build up interest before the big announcement, bundled together with the advertisement for volume 35 in order to get as much as possible out of it.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
After watching the first commercial a bazillion times.. I decided to believe that their IS a full fledged Anime project in the works, Intro song and all!
do you think we will have the old theme song back? I know it always put a smile on my face :guts:

hear it and try to resist smiling :serpico:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom