New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gobolatula said:
I always liked to see an opening theme with Hirasawa music. Think the PS2 opening with "Sign." Brilliant.

Most animes take this as an opportunity to get licensed music from a big or upcoming band to help sell their single and gain popularity for the anime. Hopefully, this time the anime will, like you say, skip that part and go straight to Hirasawa due to being respected enough to not need it. It worked with Yoko Kanno and GITS. I'd certainly be happy to hear Sign 2 as a closing theme.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
CM2 is on Nicovideo:

Goto http://mmcafe.com/nico.html and paste in http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12283247

Alternately, http://en.nicoviewer.info/sm12283247.

Basically.....

15oi0xk.jpg

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Uriel said:
Basically.....
:zodd:

That's the first thing that came to my mind.

Very cool to see, he was really putting the pain onto those hawks! :ubik:

Does anyone else find it really strange that those images posted a year ago actually turned into something?

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I've always felt that those images were going pop up again :void:
more importantly, when is Casca's commercial coming up?! :casca:
163152-berserk2_super.jpg

Kinda ...but not really. The images always did seem a little TOO good and random to just be fan made but hey...we had nothing to go with. Also haven't been able to zee Zodd yet cuss video wont load. Does it look good animated because the still sits iffy with me

I did always think they were a bit too polished to be just an elaborate shop job. So, I guess this means we'll be seeing Casca and Puck soon then.

I find it a bit strange they've opted for an out of focus edge on this vid though. I wonder if it's meant to hide something or just give the impression of a dark setting?

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Maybe these were originally meant to commemorate the 20th anniversary?

Regardless of their origins or intentions, these are friggin cool!

Bring on the chestnut and the woman-child! :puck: :???:

Ok so ive seen Zodd commercial now and i don't know. It looks good i guess, but i would have been more happy with really well animated/detailed artwork. The 3D is going to be good though for many of the fluid movements such as sword swings. I don't like how the soldiers were jsut kinda thrown to the side...wheres the gore of their bodies ripping off at the torso? I know it was just a short clip, ill reserve judgement untill i see more.

I did really enjoy the first clip and it looks like they are using 3D for monsters and armour/weapons. I hope Mozgus stay drawn at least until his transformation. Also i hope Rosine stays drawn...the thought of her 3D just its just, it isn't right! :judo:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Pretty much exactly what I expected, right down to it being Zodd. The CG looked a little... unpolished, though.

Truder said:
I've always felt that those images were going pop up again :void:
more importantly, when is Casca's commercial coming up?! :casca:
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/4813/163152-berserk2_super.jpg

Yeah, that'll be great, just stare at that image and play that annoying song and you've already got it. =)

Jesterhead said:
Maybe these were originally meant to commemorate the 20th anniversary?

That's the impression I'm getting too. They must have just missed the deadline and decided to move it up to the next available slot. Thinking how the commercials would have been better with the words "20 years of Berserk" just seems more fitting.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
JezzaX said:
That's the impression I'm getting too. They must have just missed the deadline and decided to move it up to the next available slot. Thinking how the commercials would have been better with the words "20 years of Berserk" just seems more fitting.

Unless it really is just old test footage they're basically recycling.

Griffith said:
Unless it really is just old test footage they're basically recycling.

Yeah, but you have to wonder what initiated the test footage to begin with? Did Miura go to them with the aid of making a whole new anime or some short clips to celebrate the anniversary? It seems unlikely he went to them saying "Hey guys, can we do five short films for the 35th volume?"

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno guys I thought this was extremely impressive. It looked like much higher production quality than the previous CM. The number of frames in the animation alone was just amazing. I loved it :zodd:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Damn, not bad. Zodd looked way better in this 15 sec. commercial than in the 1997 animated series. I didn't think the CG looked that bad, either. It looked just as good as the CG animation in Stand Alone Complex, and those who have watched that show can attest to how good quality CG and hand drawn animation can look together when done correctly.

The music really didn't fit this time around, though.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I also think it looks good, but I think it needs slow motion shots to compliment the manga :zodd: (seeing soldiers being slashed to bits in slow-mo)

I can't say i like the CG in the end where zodd flies up. At a certain moment they cut off the amount of detail they had before and you can see a clumsy cg figure...but aside that. it is AMAZING. I mean the angle, how everything is directed...lovely...can't make it unseen. omg... when studio 4°C worked on this since 2 years and now releases a shit load of episode...i would be dying in happiness (ok that was too much, i don't think they did this)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
kaimera said:
I can't say i like the CG in the end where zodd flies up. At a certain moment they cut off the amount of detail they had before and you can see a clumsy cg figure...but aside that. it is AMAZING. I mean the angle, how everything is directed...lovely...can't make it unseen. omg... when studio 4°C worked on this since 2 years and now releases a shit load of episode...i would be dying in happiness (ok that was too much, i don't think they did this)

Keep in mind that if an anime series is eventually released, there's no guarantee it will look this way.

X

Xem

Loved the animation but it would've been nice with different music. I'm starting to get fall into the "this is all being recycled" mindset now.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Truder said:
Actually me too, and after recently deciding to not believe that this is test material :sad:

Even if it is test material, it doesn't mean that there isn't a new animation coming. It just means this is footage that's being recycled for the commercials in order to promote a new series or OVA. We don't have a definite answer either way at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom