New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
It just means this is footage that's being recycled for the commercials in order to promote a new series or OVA.
To be clear, right now all it's promoting is Volume 35.

DirectDK said:
youtube version of CM2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4m9sDeor3o

ZOOODDDDDD :zodd:
Goddaaammnnnnn ... that looks awesome!!! Especially the part where he's swapping the soldiers like flies. Once he's mid-air, he flies off a little weird-like, but I'm sure it's still better than the way he flew out in the first series.

Draculoid said:
I don't like how the soldiers were jsut kinda thrown to the side...wheres the gore of their bodies ripping off at the torso? I know it was just a short clip, ill reserve judgement untill i see more.

THIS! If they are going to do another series, I really want them to do more with the gore than just a bunch of spraying blood. That whole manga scene with Zodd from beginning to end, was so impactful imo because of the level of detail in the gore. Even the shot of all the dead soldiers and severed heads up to the page right before Guts bumps into Zodd, so impactful.

Oh My God please do OVA's and not a weekly show :judo:

Jaze1618 said:
Oh My God please do OVA's and not a weekly show :judo:

Yeah i was thinking about that. If they do a weekly show it's going to be censored (some of the stuff that happened were a bit extreme :ganishka: )
From the trailers that we got (and considering they are going to use them) it seems they going to do Berserk from the beginning all over again.

I kinda liked this, Zodd's eyes were pretty sinister. But I agree with Deci, I think the music wasn't very fitting.

Actually, the same song and more leaked 2008 footage. At this point I'm so certain the "Anime Project" are the commercials that I'm already hoping they realize the commotion this is gonna bring and decide to make a new series after all. :iva:

Eh, I got mixed feelings on this commercial. On one hand, Zodd looks like he stepped right out of a nightmare, as he damn well should, especially during his first appearance. On the other...I'm with the anti-CG crowd on this one, it's painfully obvious.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Maybe I'm just not artsy smartsy enough to 'get' good vs bad when it comes to art and animations, but it looks really good to me.

Edit: I'm with everyone else with the music. I can't even listen to it anymore, it's just awful. :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Maybe I'm just not artsy smartsy enough to 'get' good vs bad when it comes to art and animations, but it looks really good to me.
I'm also interested in reading why you guys think it looks like shit. I showed it to one of my friends that works in an art department creating assets for video games, and he said it looked "solid." I asked him if he could see what the complaints were based on.

His verbatim response: "Nothing really jumped out at me as being horrible, animation wise that is. Looks solid. Maybe they're upset that the 3d models still look too 3d and not 2d enough? Tell them to make something better ;)"

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Walter said:
I'm also interested in reading why you guys think it looks like shit. I showed it to one of my friends that works in an art department creating assets for video games, and he said it looked "solid." I asked him if he could see what the complaints were based on.

It looks pretty legit to me. I loved CM2. I'm not opposed to CG, either. I think it's more of a style preference, like the movements are too smooth or something. I dunno, really.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Edit: I'm with everyone else with the music. I can't even listen to it anymore, it's just awful. :judo:

Solution: Mute. Play Susumu Hirasawa.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Uriel said:
We have Twitter updates, in order of their appearance. Never translated a TV schedule before, so I might need a hand with the finer details.

Here are the plans for today's CM broadcast. Fuji TV, one during 24:35 - 25:35 "Japan's Commercial Talent Academy". One during "Guchiriba" (not sure what this program is. A Place to Complain?) . One between "Guchiriba" and "24 Season 7". And one during "24 Season 7". This makes a total of four.

Not sure if that is meant to be the 24-hour clock. Last time I checked, there wasn't a 25:00. Unless Japan needs that extra hour =P

As for Yomiuri TV, one during 24:38~25:08, "Hama-chan!". One between "Hama-chan!" and "Happy Music". One during "Happy Music". One between "Happy Music" and "Yoshi Hiroshi 20th Anniversary Commemoration Special" (I think...? Had to use Google for this and it didn't help). One during "Yoshi Hiroshi 20th Anniversary Commemoration Special". A total of 5.

Actually... on late-night Japanese TV schedules, they often refer to times from 24:00~28:00 and later, to refer to 12:00am-4:00am. While I was over there I watched an anime that ran from 25:00~25:30, and it always killed me the following day. ;p

It seems kind of silly to me, although I can guess what they're trying for: something airs at 02:00 early Wednesday, but they could also technically say it airs at 26:00 on Tuesday!

*shrugs*

Back to the subject at hand... I'm going to just withhold judgment completely on the commercials for the time being. No matter what they actually end up being, it's having the desired effect; creating buzz in the community!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aphasia said:

I think that's the problem with the music they picked, it just lacks the intensity the scenes would require. Funny enough, I was listening to a Sinatra song, with the second video on mute, and it felt like it flowed better. :troll:

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
I would have to agree that this was all suppose to be for the 20th anniversary and it slipped or when making it they realized that perhaps this can be more than just a promotion for the anniversary, so they held it back till they had done more work on the project and they were confident enough to say that this will be an anime of sorts . It just seems like a lot of work for a one week promotion of Vol. 35.

Aphasia

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I think that's the problem with the music they picked, it just lacks the intensity the scenes would require. Funny enough, I was listening to a Sinatra song, with the second video on mute, and it felt like it flowed better. :troll:

Haha, that's great. I think the music worked well for the first clip. In fact I loved it with griffith. But with Zodd I just want to hear a sinister ass depressing tone.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aphasia said:
Haha, that's great. I think the music worked well for the first clip. In fact I loved it with griffith. But with Zodd I just want to hear a sinister ass depressing tone.

My thoughts exactly. It worked really well on CM1, but CM2 should have had darker music. Oh well, at least we know what to expect for the next several commercials. Is it just me or did the art look better in CM2 than the still from 2008 that was leaked a while back?

Aphasia said:

After the next clip I'll probably just mute them. I loved it at first, but it starts to grate after a while.

Rhombaad said:
My thoughts exactly. It worked really well on CM1, but CM2 should have had darker music. Oh well, at least we know what to expect for the next several commercials. Is it just me or did the art look better in CM2 than the still from 2008 that was leaked a while back?

I think the shading has come on a bit and the colours seems a little darker, which makes it look less like CG, but then that could be the recording.

Aphasia

JezzaX said:
I think the shading has come on a bit and the colours seems a little darker, which makes it look less like CG, but then that could be the recording.

I think the dark CG is throwing people off a bit. A lot of the details in the gore and blood/hair on Zodd are lost in the shadows. It's really hard to gauge what the final product will look like. It could be totally different. I personally like the dark blues/greens in the scene.

We're running out of leaked screenshots, right? Except for Casca? Surely we'll get something we haven't seen in stills soon.

X

Xem

Aphasia said:
We're running out of leaked screenshots, right? Except for Casca? Surely we'll get something we haven't seen in stills soon.

Don't forget Puck! Which I'm personally looking forward to the most since we've never seen him animated. It's just too bad we won't have the appropriate sound to go with him...

Aphasia said:

The individual that leaked the screenshots on NeoGAF back then posted this a couple hours ago:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23618148&postcount=465 said:
As I said there's some material with younger Guts and the midland army and the scene with Guts and Griffith wasn't in the trailer I have so there could be something brand new.

Aphasia said:

Check this out, new trailer with Susumu!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-LHe4R6nVk

Someone had to do it :slan:

Oh btw, the text in CM2 "Berserk. ___" is different than in CM1. Can someone translate? Thanks!

Update: Thanks for the translation Graywords, I up'ed the video again, (better quality using the flv rips from the young animal site) here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtumZixpHjk

Aphasia

DirectDK said:
Check this out, new trailer with Susumu!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-LHe4R6nVk

Someone had to do it :slan:

Oh btw, the text in CM2 "Berserk. ___" is different than in CM1. Can someone translate? Thanks!

Dude, way to pick up the ball and score. Like fucking really. This is some Berserk right here.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
DirectDK said:

The first one says "Berserk Begins" and the second one says "Berserk Rebirth" more or less.

Graywords said:
The first one says "Berserk Begins" and the second one says "Berserk Rebirth" more or less.

This is interesting and also frustrating, we keep getting curve balls to question what these shorts are relative to. Those both seem to imply that it's a retelling of the manga from the beginning. IF the next one says "Berserk Re-told" I will be ever hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom