New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graywords said:
The first one says "Berserk Begins" and the second one says "Berserk Rebirth" more or less.

As far as I'm concerned, that settles it. It's either a full anime series 'reboot', or an evil plot specifically intended to infuriate fans. The original "Berserk Begins" text could have referred to the beginning of the advertising campaign, but "Berserk Rebirth" just doesn't make sense in any other context.

Man, 11 pages in and we sill don't know the deal. Zodd looks pretty good. While I won't suck it's CG cock, it's done well enough for me not to get pissed off. CG does works in anime...but I think it works better in animes that have ROBOTS!

I doubt they'd re-release the OLD anime with NEW scenes. That would be HORRIBLE. I mean, if it's an anime I hope it's not the anime we've seen before 'done up'. (Think Star Wars Special Edition...now go get a barf bag) I hope it covers arcs not in the original anime.

If what we've seen serves as flashbacks to get the public up to speed with the story...that's fine.

All this for commercials makes me wanna punch babies.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Proj2501 said:
Man, 11 pages in and we sill don't know the deal. Zodd looks pretty good. While I won't suck it's CG cock, it's done well enough for me not to get pissed off. CG does works in anime...but I think it works better in animes that have ROBOTS!

There's still time for Berserk to have robots!

Every time I listen to Forces 1.5, I think of Guts slicing up robots and dodging lasers a la PSO...

I'm probably the only one on the site who likes Forces 1.5. The CG for the commercials/to be announced series is looking good. The next two commercials are probably going to show Caska and Puck. Lets hope the final one shows Skull Knight.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I'm with everyone else with the music. I can't even listen to it anymore, it's just awful. :judo:

Yeah, it's not just inappropriate, it's grating at this point.

OOOOOOOO oooooo ooooo ooo OOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO AAaaaaAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooAAAAAAAOAOAOAOAOAOA :mozgus:

Aphasia said:
We're running out of leaked screenshots, right? Except for Casca? Surely we'll get something we haven't seen in stills soon.

Like everything with Griffith?

Walter said:
I'm also interested in reading why you guys think it looks like shit. I showed it to one of my friends that works in an art department creating assets for video games, and he said it looked "solid." I asked him if he could see what the complaints were based on.

His verbatim response: "Nothing really jumped out at me as being horrible, animation wise that is. Looks solid. Maybe they're upset that the 3d models still look too 3d and not 2d enough? Tell them to make something better ;)"

I'm trying! :griffnotevil: Also, KaBob, I presume? =)

Anyway, based on that closing salvo, our complaints about even the original anime are moot, but I agree with you that at least the first half of CM2 is impressive. I especially like the angles and depth employed, it really takes advantage of the visuals, plays to its strengths, and hides its weaknesses. On the other hand, after the title card, I think the opposite is true. In cinematographic terms, it's not a very complementary angle or lighting for the graphics, and so his takeoff leaves something to be desired, as it did in the original screen shot; it actually did look like a video game to me there, animation and all. That's where my critique lies, and there's plenty of room for subjective opinion there, as visual style and quality aren't measured strictly in graphical technicalities. As with anything, one can still just plain not like the look of it. So, if it's technically "solid" overall, I think the first half makes it look better than solid, and the second half makes it look worse.

Graywords said:
The first one says "Berserk Begins" and the second one says "Berserk Rebirth" more or less.
Sven Viking said:
As far as I'm concerned, that settles it. It's either a full anime series 'reboot', or an evil plot specifically intended to infuriate fans.

Yeah, that's pretty damn suggestive on its own, let alone taken together with everything else we know.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Griffith said:
Yeah, it's not just inappropriate, it's grating at this point.

OOOOOOOO oooooo ooooo ooo OOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO AAaaaaAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooAAAAAAAOAOAOAOAOAOA :mozgus:

Actually what would bother me most with this, if that becomes part of the introduction.

*Berserk logo fades in*
OOOOOOOO oooooo ooooo ooo OOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO AAaaaaAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooAAAAAAAOAOAOAOAOAOA

Griffith

Proj2501 said:
I doubt they'd re-release the OLD anime with NEW scenes. That would be HORRIBLE. I mean, if it's an anime I hope it's not the anime we've seen before 'done up'. (Think Star Wars Special Edition...now go get a barf bag)
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Actually what would bother me most with this, if that becomes part of the introduction.

We don't need to worry about every conceivable, convoluted worst-case scenario. Let's limit it to whether this is for real or not. :guts:

turkitage

ターク
DirectDK said:
Check this out, new trailer with Susumu!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-LHe4R6nVk

Someone had to do it :slan:

Oh btw, the text in CM2 "Berserk. ___" is different than in CM1. Can someone translate? Thanks!

Thank you sir! Good job.

Turkitage said:
Thank you sir! Good job.

Aphasia said:
Dude, way to pick up the ball and score. Like fucking really. This is some Berserk right here.

Ahahaha, fa sho!!! :guts: Actually, I just ripped the Young Animal FLVs from their website (since CM2 went up), and re-uploaded the Susumu Hirasawa version in higher quality =P. Here ya go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtumZixpHjk

I remember over a year ago the first screenshots were posted on forums and everyone collectively went "HOLY SHIT THAT'S SO AWESOME...oh wait turns out it's nothing...darn..."

BUT NOW. HOLY FUCK IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING! Thank you God. So freakin awesome.

Griffith

Irvine said:
sounds awful. I like the song in the commercials more than this. :ubik:

Your taste in music makes as much sense as your use of emoticons. :azan:

Now, that isn't to say there isn't other appropriate Hirasawa music for these trailers:

[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/Eg-Q8UH2nY0[/flash]

[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/aJvuLi3kC4M[/flash]​

Thanks DirectDK, because not only did I rip your idea, but the video off your youtube account. :ganishka:

Griffith said:
Your taste in music makes as much sense as your use of emoticons. :azan:

Now, that isn't to say there isn't other appropriate Hirasawa music for these trailers:

[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/Eg-Q8UH2nY0[/flash]

Thanks DirectDK, because not only did I rip your idea, but the video off your youtube account. :ganishka:

Beherit is one of the creepiest pieces of music I've heard for a show ever. It does seem stupid to use the same song again in the commercial. We have to hear it 3 more times lol.​

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
"I bet it'll be quite difficult to guess the character for today's commercial!"

Bah. Jerks! :serpico:

Also, the tweet before that amused me...

"I'm surprised by the number of overseas folks we have following (our account)."

Has anyone tried sending them a tweet to ask them to stop screwing us around and tell us if we're getting more than these commercials?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't mind the CG too much in that video, a lot less than in that still picture from a year ago (the horns are still wrong though, unforgivable). Looks better in movement. I also don't mind the music at all, I don't see what the problem is with it. And I don't find a track like Beherit to be particularly more fitting either if you put aside the mental association.

Lastly, while Susumu Hirasawa did great work on the series so far, it doesn't mean no one else could do something good. And he doesn't have an obligation to work on it either, which you guys should keep in mind. There's always a possibility that he might not be involved in the new project.

Eluvei said:
At this point I'm so certain the "Anime Project" are the commercials

I don't think you should be so certain of that, man. Despite the ambiguity I believe they do have a project to unveil.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
I don't mind the CG too much in that video, a lot less than in that still picture from a year ago (the horns are still wrong though, unforgivable). Looks better in movement. I also don't mind the music at all, I don't see what the problem is with it. And I don't find a track like Beherit to be particularly more fitting either if you put aside the mental association.

Hopefully, they'll correct the horns if they ever end up producing a new animated series or OVA. Sometimes you wonder if they even reference the manga when creating character designs for anime. As for the music, while I enjoy the Hirasawa played with the new commercials, I just didn't feel like the new music fit with CM2. Maybe it's simply because I wasn't expecting them to use the same track from CM1. Oh well, at least I won't be surprised when the same vocal comes out of my speakers during CM3.

Aazealh said:
Lastly, while Susumu Hirasawa did great work on the series so far, it doesn't mean no one else could do something good. And he doesn't have an obligation to work on it either, which you guys should keep in mind. There's always a possibility that he might not be involved in the new project.

It might be a nice change of pace to hear someone else's interpretation of what the atmosphere of Berserk should sound like. If they’re going with the artist(s) behind the CM1 and CM2 background music, then it’s definitely not Hirasawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom