New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any problem with the music. It's just not Hirasawa-tier. That's the only problem I have (plus, they should vary the music, make it actually suit the scenes we are seeing). One of the main reasons why I'm excited is because we may be getting new Hirasawa music. Being a big Hirasawa fan, that's great.

I doubt Miura would allow anyone except Hirasawa to create the music, he is a passionate fan of his. I'd personally be surprised and disappointed if Hirasawa wasn't doing it, but I'd be open to someone new. Comparisons would be inevitable, but that's not to say I wouldn't want to give the person a chance.

I wish they'd hurry up already and stop teasing...ah well, two more adverts and maybe after the final one we will get word of what exactly is on the cards.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Hopefully, they'll correct the horns if they ever end up producing a new animated series or OVA. Sometimes you wonder if they even reference the manga when creating character designs for anime.

The horns and the other inaccuracies in the other scenes. Can be forgiven in test footage, but not in the real thing.

Rhombaad said:
Maybe it's simply because I wasn't expecting them to use the same track from CM1.

I told you guys they were just going to change which scenes are shown, didn't I? :iva:

Henry Spencer said:
(plus, they should vary the music, make it actually suit the scenes we are seeing).

Keep in mind they probably have a tight budget for it. And I doubt they have a lot of music to choose from. Maybe just that one track. All I'm hoping for at the moment is to hear more of the same track in the mysterious 5th commercial, should it be longer.

Henry Spencer said:
I doubt Miura would allow anyone except Hirasawa to create the music, he is a passionate fan of his.

Like I said, Hirasawa has no obligation to work on Berserk. He did most of the TV series' soundtrack, several tracks for the DC game, two tracks for the PS2 game (and Sign 2 is kind of a remix). It doesn't mean much, but it's still a downward trend. And the commercials have music from another artist. All I'm saying is people shouldn't assume he will automatically do it for sure, because if it ends up not being the case they'll be all the more disappointed.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
Like I said, Hirasawa has no obligation to work on Berserk. He did most of the TV series' soundtrack, several tracks for the DC game, two tracks for the PS2 game (and Sign 2 is kind of a remix). It doesn't mean much, but it's still a downward trend. And the commercials have music from another artist. All I'm saying is people shouldn't assume he will automatically do it for sure, because if it ends up not being the case they'll be all the more disappointed.

My thoughts exactly from the beginning music wise..

jackson_hurley said:
My thoughts exactly from the beginning music wise..
To the music. I can't do anything with it. I am fine with it, but i don't think it is the best fitting berserk music or the best thing that can happen to berserk. I think in Paprika Hirasawas music was the only weak point. It's too poppy electronica. I don't know. We'll see, i hope they find a good one. Just get Konno or get a newcomer with a new musical approach to berserk.

Holy shit! :casca: The more cm's i watch the more i get excited...i'm totally pumped. happiness :)... i thought everything was a overlighted lotr effect but the scene with caska and the details of the tree : superb :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the keen eyes, Danat! :isidro:

Man, that Beherit reveal was so incredibly stylized and overdramatic... I can't imagine that was cut from some longer scene. It looked like it came from some old PC game, where you walk into a room and it suddenly plays a clip.

The Casca clip was the exact opposite. It looked carved out of a longer scene, to me.

In regards to the whole discussion about the music, like I said, I have no problems with the original trailer's music. I liked it especially in CM1, and when hearing it for the first time, and the feeling I got when finally seeing Berserk in motion again... it felt VERY fitting. That girl singing oOOo oOOO OOO was exactly what was going on in my head, (ahahah no joke). It was like WOW, realization, am I dreaming, what am I seeing? It was great.

However, sure, in the end, I really hope for Susumu because he is so unique and his music is ingrained in my head as Berserk music. But, if it's not him, as long as the music is still superb, then I could live with it. It's just to me, Susumu is the ideal choice. So let's hope!

Danat said:

Casca looking as gorgeous as ever!!!! :casca: Damn those strategically placed leaves though. I'm very happy right now. VERY VERY happy. Assuming it's a full scale series, of course. :???:

OH YEAH, can someone translate the text in CM3? CM1 says BERSERK BEGINS, CM2 says BERSERK REBIRTH, and now CM3 says BERSERK ____ ? (Thanks to Graywords for CM1+2)

I'm becoming increasingly confident that there is more intended for these clips. The fact that Casca is speaking means they intend to give her a voice at some point surely?

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Walter said:

Man, that Beherit reveal was so incredibly stylized and overdramatic... I can't imagine that was cut from some longer scene. It looked like it came from some old PC game, where you walk into a room and it suddenly plays a clip.

The Casca clip was the exact opposite. It looked carved out of a longer scene, to me.

Did you like the way they presented the Beherit? I can't tell! I really loved the animation with Casca, but the leaves were a little hokey to me. I hope they don't end up cutting corners like that all around.

The next CM will reveal Donovan baking a pie with Guts. : )

Also, DirectDK, you gotta stop pumping all these Hirasawa cuts out, you're getting me all hopeful! :guts: I think I'd be disappointed if we didn't get something from Hirasawa, but I'd still be open to hearing a different take on the score. It might even be interesting to see how someone else handles the mood.

Aphasia said:
Did you like the way they presented the Beherit? I can't tell!

If you look closely, it would appear that the hand turning is sped up and then the eye movement seems slowed down. I think it's been toyed around with to fit into the commercial.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Walter said:

I thought the Beherit reveal looked like it would be a clip from the opening. I agree about the Casca clip, far too random to be a standalone clip. Especially with her apparent talking. It definitely looks to be from something longer.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWibBuWvZbA

YouTube version of CM3.

Rough translation of the kanji in the title (胎動) is "Fetal Movement" or "Quickening."

Obviously the people on the Young Animal site don't know when everything is airing, because this morning the last two clips said 10.4, now one says 10.4 and the other 10.5

as I understand it, the scene with Casca is when Casca and Guts fell in the river from a cliff, and then Guts carried her to the cave in the tree. And yea, her speaking really points to the scene being a part of something more serious than just test material.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jesterhead said:
I ain't mad at it!

The Beherit scene was very cool and creepy! Can't wait to turn it into a gif. for an avatar!
I "ain't mad at it" either. I just thought it looked a little sloppy, for what it was.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm probably the only one in the world but I'm not really interested in those clips. Hopefully the information in Young Animal will leak early because it's all pretty boring to me so far.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Aazealh said:
I'm probably the only one in the world but I'm not really interested in those clips. Hopefully the information in Young Animal will leak early because it's all pretty boring to me so far.

I'm not interested in them either. I watched them, but I haven't got at all excited about them. They're clips and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom