New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pez

DarkDragoon said:
The only voice I really liked in the dub was Griffith's. I thought it was very fitting and the guy was a really good actor.

Haha Johnny, that guy is such an anime slut these days. Can't say I hate him though. I've met him quite a few times and he's a really cool guy so I'm a little biased towards him.

Not to say anything bad about the man himself, I am just tired of him being in everything that comes out. He has a problem with changing his voice most of the time, and I am tired of getting excited thinking that Trigun is back on the air. If he would just change his voice for the character, it would not be so bad...I don't want to be able to pinpoint who the voice actor is after a single word.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Pez said:
Not to say anything bad about the man himself, I am just tired of him being in everything that comes out. He has a problem with changing his voice most of the time, and I am tired of getting excited thinking that Trigun is back on the air. If he would just change his voice for the character, it would not be so bad...I don't want to be able to pinpoint who the voice actor is after a single word.
Yeah I don't think I've ever heard a second voice from him, he always sounds the same.

DarkDragoon said:
So what do you guys think the chances of getting the original VAs back is? They were all in the PS2 game right?

And on a more far-off note, what about the US VAs? I actually liked most of them and would love to get them back if this hypothetical new anime gets dubbed. Does anyone know if they're still working for Media Blasters?(assuming Media Blasters would dub another Berserk series)

In the terms of the original seiyu I do hope they return to voice the cast once again, as for the english dub however. NYAV post’s dub is a bit of mixed bag, Marc Diraison did a very good job as Guts, Same with Kevin T Collins as Griffith, but I think for this its time for a new cast and with voices for characters that work, And please no Johnny Yong Bosch. I like the guy but he is in way too many shows, Personally in the terms of dub voice actors for Berserk...I want to hear Paul Dobson as Guts. I've wanted that for a while.

Still, lets see how this show turns out.

P

Pez

I am actually hoping for unknown talent. I cannot really think of anyone off the top of my head that I want to hear voicing Guts. I am just hoping that it won't take too long after the initial release in Japan to see it released in the U.S. I hate waiting. Now that I know there is going to be a new anime, I am going to be anxious for the year or more that it is going to take for it to even be finished, let alone released in Japan, and then over here... :puck:

Could the leaves in the third commercial just be a form of censorship, as in they may not be so bulky in an uncensored version? They did move about awkwardly, as in they may have been slapped on in a last second effort.

Dunno.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BerserkMJM said:
Could the leaves in the third commercial just be a form of censorship, as in they may not be so bulky in an uncensored version?

You actually see less skin in the manga than in that clip, so I don't think so. Either they didn't care (most of the scenes have contained inaccuracies so far) or those leaves better fit their budgetary constraints for some reason. But you know, her head's also not resting on the right piece of equipment in the scene, and I can't think of a good reason for that.

Skullgrin140 said:
In the terms of the original seiyu I do hope they return to voice the cast once again, as for the english dub however. NYAV post’s dub is a bit of mixed bag, Marc Diraison did a very good job as Guts, Same with Kevin T Collins as Griffith, but I think for this its time for a new cast and with voices for characters that work, And please no Johnny Yong Bosch. I like the guy but he is in way too many shows, Personally in the terms of dub voice actors for Berserk...I want to hear Paul Dobson as Guts. I've wanted that for a while.

Still, lets see how this show turns out.

Yeah if they do dub it in english I would hope that Guts would voiced by Paul Dobson or Steve Blum( assuming that Marc Diraison doesn't reprise his role). In my mind I also imagined that Keith David (AKA Arbiter, Captain Anderson, Spawn etc) would voice Zodd. Any way it will be interesting to see how this animated project will turns out.

This guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX48y24t9iU should do Guts he's pretty much given Bastion massive hype solely based on this one trailer - I think he'd be a cool choice.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
They could dub it with fingernails scratching a blackboard and it would be all the same to me. If you're listening to the dub, you already don't care how it sounds anyway. Now that that's settled, if we must get this far ahead of ourselves (it's not even official yet), let's at least talk about something more important, like what the potential DVD cover art might look like. :troll:

Good point Griffith.

Uhhmmm they could rope in the original voice actor, I think it'd be epic. Or maybe rope in Nakai Kazuya/ Nakata Jouji maybe.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
If they get the same guy to do Zodd's voice (Kenji Utsumi), I really hope they add some kind of special effects to his voice once he changes forms. I love the guy and his voice work, he's done some awesome stuff, but the choking noises he made as Zodd in beast form just didn't really make him sound very menacing. :zodd:

Griffith said:
They could dub it with fingernails scratching a blackboard and it would be all the same to me. If you're listening to the dub, you already don't care how it sounds anyway. Now that that's settled, if we must get this far ahead of ourselves (it's not even official yet), let's at least talk about something more important, like what the potential DVD cover art might look like. :troll:

I found the Remastered Collection DVD art to be pretty nice :D.

Marc Diraison should voice Guts' during the Golden Age while Michael Bell from Sword of Berserk Guts' rage voice older Guts for the other arcs in the anime. The voices from the original english dub are fine as they are. Also Aaz what's this about Media Blasters? Last I checked they were doing pretty alright. Hopefully, Funimation doesn't get a hold of this new Berserk project. I don't know why but I just feel an weird vibe emanating from the decision.

Oburi

All praise Grail
So CM4 is just a slightly longer remix the others? Damn, missed a chance to see new footage. Only one more to go that's going to explain EVERYTHING.

I couldn't care less who does the dub. I've always preferred Japanese VAs for everything excluding Cowboy Bebop anyway.

I'm still far more concerned about the animation direction. A lot of minor changes are popping up already and I think a lot more can still go wrong. If I see constant use of jump travel or all the fights are over-embellished with explosion effects. That would kill my interest in this completely.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CM5 due out within the next 24 hours. Exact time is not known. This one will be different, because it's an exclusive for the Web. It'll appear first on Berserk's official corner: http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html

Berserk_Project's most recent Twitter provides the following straightforward details:

ベルセルクCM、WEB特別バージョン、明日午前中にアップします。よろしくお願いします。http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/
//roughly translated as//
Berserk CM, WEB special version, I will update tomorrow morning. Thank you. http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/
Right now, it's about 2 p.m. on Oct 4 in Japan. "Tomorrow morning" for them, the morning of Oct. 5, will arrive for us in about 15-16 hours. So, look for it around midday tomorrow, I'd say.

PS: Can we now please shut the hell up about the inconsequential goddamned dub?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
CM5 due out within the next 24 hours. Exact time is not known. This one will be different, because it's an exclusive for the Web. It'll appear first on Berserk's official corner: http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html

Right now, it's about 2 p.m. on Oct 4 in Japan. "Tomorrow morning" for them, the morning of Oct. 5, will arrive for us in about 15-16 hours. So, look for it around midday tomorrow, I'd say.

Hopefully, CM5 will be a bit longer than the others and give us something definitive to go on.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
So CM4 is just a slightly longer remix the others? Damn, missed a chance to see new footage. Only one more to go that's going to explain EVERYTHING.

There's no guarantees that CM5 will explain everything. But even if it doesn't, this week's YA should logically have more concrete details.

Ramen4ever said:
I'm still far more concerned about the animation direction. A lot of minor changes are popping up already and I think a lot more can still go wrong. If I see constant use of jump travel or all the fights are over-embellished with explosion effects. That would kill my interest in this completely.

Yeah... I can't say that the footage is all that promising so far. And a lot could indeed go wrong.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just as a reminder, any lurkers would be better served refreshing this page: http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html and not SKnet's forum. That site is where CM5 will first be posted.

But come on back to discuss once it's there! :badbone:

Despite the lack of conversation compared to how it has been over the weekend, you can't help but feel there is an immense level of anticipation on this forum surrounding this last commercial. If it brings us nothing, it's been an emotional and very busy week for SK.net for quite some time (admittedly I've been a lurker for longer than a member, but you still can't help but feel part of a big moment for Berserk) and I'm glad to have seen a rumour hold some water for a change.

Here's hoping to a new Berserk milestone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom